BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2014 5:32 am  #1521

Re: Free Rants

Schmiezi wrote:

This is a sentence I had to correct today in grade 9:

"If we want to have zero clock reinfeiern something."

I forgot to mention:
It was supposed to mean "We wanted to party on after midnight."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 12, 2014 9:28 am  #1522

I can, sort of, see that. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 14, 2014 8:25 pm  #1523

Two TVs in the house. Cannot get to watch anything on either as the men have monopolised both! That is all. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 14, 2014 8:28 pm  #1524

Men, eh! 

I want to write on my new story but I can't find the right music... I am so weird with that... I have been skipping through my 3376 songs for an hour now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 24, 2014 11:24 pm  #1525

Well that was a stupid Christmas eve. 

I had looked forward to a calm and peaceful christmas with my small closest family... now that my aunt was over her health scare she was so helpful and everything worked out... for once we were going to have a Christmas without a fight. 

Apparently I have missed out on how sick one of my family members is. I knew she had cancer but they always spoke about it as if it was curable and no big deal.
Today, of all days I find out she's in the final stages... she's at the end of her last chemo therapy  and there is just no hope. 

I already lost half of my family to that effing stupid thing over a couple of years... I just can't. 

I had to pretend to enjoy Christmas, but every second I was alone the tears just came... those are the tears I really hate. I couldn't let them know how hard this hit me. 

Thank you. You managed to make me of all people hate Christmas. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 26, 2014 11:24 pm  #1526

Erf…  Sorry to hear that.   Hugs.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 1, 2015 1:45 pm  #1527

I don't really know what happened... Mum and I survived Christmas with me living at home for several days... New Years apparently got too much...

I was celebrating the new year with my mum and aunt because mum needed help with the dog. Poor Micky is terrified of the fireworks and needed to be doped.
Everything went wrong, things were dropped, the dog ate stuff, and well... just a lot of bad luck. Through all of it, and also through the Christmas hols I have helped mum, because I knew her shoulder was bad and she was in a lot of pain which ske kept reminding me of. 

This morning when I was about to leave and have my aunt drive me home mum and I got into a major fight...

Thing is, I have been in a lot of pain too, but because I was so determined to make an effort to have a Christmas without a fight I shut up about it and didn't hold back... resulting in me barely being able to sleep at night from severe pains... 
This morning I was dragging my suitcase down the stairs and I tried so hard not to show the pain I was in from the weight of the thing. Mum comes to close the hatch when I am trying to slow my breathing and apparently I forgot to remove my advent calender and she tells me to do that right away. I can barely talk from the pain I am in and tell her "I can't right now" but before I can finish the sentence with "give me a minute and I will" she throws a fit calling me lazy and what not...

I am just as bad as her... she can really get my temper out of control and I guess I ended up screaming at her. The thing is... we're back to her thinking only she has pains and it hurts because it reminds me of growing up thinking she didn't care about me.

It escalated when she closed the door behind her and I couldn't breathe (panic attack...) I told her I wasn't sure I wanted to see her in the new year.

I know it's a terrible mistake... but I'm not sure I want to face her for a long time... I forgave her for so many things, and honestly I am the only one who works on making things work between us. Of course I was a difficult child but there is nothing that can make me forgive the things she did to me as a kid 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 4, 2015 11:18 pm  #1528

My mum has been sending me random texts... it's actually painful. Either she didn't notice that I told her I never wanted to see her again... or she is purposely trying to pretend it never happened. 

I know I am being way too stubborn, but I need an apology before I even consider talking to her again. 

It's just painful... I guess that she even is texting me shows she isn't giving up on me... but ugh. I just want her to see what she did.

During the Christmas hols I got another glimpse into how selfish she was. We were watching a lot of crap TV to pass the time and out of the blue she told me how glad she was to not have a man to raise me with.
I don't know, but it sounded like she actually kept my father away from me because it was inconvenient for her. 

What about me? I grew up thinking there was something wrong with me since my father wasn't in my life and I had a mother who couldn't show me love. Not to mention the bullying I went through... even from adults who despite it being the 90's couldn't grasp how I didn't have a father. 

And that's not even half of it... I actually hate her. I hate my own mother. What kind of person  takes their frustrations out on a kid, who the hell blames a 13 year old girl for what a grown man did tho her?? And later expects a 'thank you' from me for raising me right. 

But I guess eventually I will have to go back... because deep down I feel sorry for her, and I have since I was little. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 7, 2015 5:55 pm  #1529

I'm shocked by the attack in Paris, we lost some very good people (Cabu, Wolinski, Charb, Tignous, Bernard Maris...) 12 absurd and horrible deaths and more than 10 injured... I have no word for this

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

January 7, 2015 6:13 pm  #1530

The senseless, awful, incomprehensible and horrible deed, indeed. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 7, 2015 6:14 pm  #1531

Islamist scum...they need stopping.
Infact ANY group that use terror.

Last edited by besleybean (January 7, 2015 6:14 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2015 6:23 pm  #1532

my favourite cartoonist... I'm crying sorry.....

Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

January 7, 2015 6:55 pm  #1533

I am so sorry for your loss, a loss for us all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2015 6:58 pm  #1534

I'm so sorry, this is just awful! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 7, 2015 7:20 pm  #1535

I´m just watching a special about it, horrible!! 

January 7, 2015 7:25 pm  #1536

Yeah it's all over UK news too...
It's the scale that's horrendous.
But ALL these attacks are unacceptabe, on a film maker  etc.

January 8, 2015 8:50 am  #1537

Terrible. 

January 13, 2015 8:14 pm  #1538

Mum texted me to tell me the family member I found out was in her final stages of her cancer is going through her final hours.
She's actually at the hospital where I work...

It's just so surreal... I don't even know how to feel. I just know I can't face her closer relatives... I know a lot of shortcuts so I don't have to walk amongst patients and relatives... 

What scares me most... my office is almost next to the morgue. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (January 13, 2015 8:16 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2015 8:20 pm  #1539

it's a terrible situation Phantom.... hugs

Enjoy the silence

January 15, 2015 6:32 pm  #1540

Thanks for the hug! 

I almost broke down at work today.

Apparently my relative is still clinging to life, doped up on morphine... 

Work was hell... I'm so busy wish my new tasks that I still haven't found my feet with... having to teach two new secretary students at the same time, rushing to meet several deadlines. Having doctors moaning at me for every little mistake they find, even if I fixed it....
Today two doctors sat with me when I was the bussiest and told me to start over so they could see the full process to find out if I was making any mistakes. 

At the same time my guy had a major panic attack at his therapy session (that I made him go to for his PTSD a while back), and I had to email him every 5 minutes to tell him that of course I wasn't disappointed, and no, it wasn't weak... 

After lunch I went through the tunnels under the hospital to my office, not wanting to run into relatives... and fearing having to encounter the man who drives the beds with dead patients to the morgue... 
I was just shivering, I wanted to hide somewhere and cry... 

On the plus side I agreed to start talking to mum again... so I had to talk to her on the phone tonight. She even put me on speaker phone so I could talk to the dog! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera