BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2014 9:05 pm  #1101

Re: Free Rants

Yeah it's awesome to have my own place; a place to run to when things get too much... 

... Gah, I thought drinking would suffice tonight... it doesn't. Grrr! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 9, 2014 9:41 pm  #1102

That was what I was thinking - it is simply getting too much at times...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 10, 2014 2:32 pm  #1103

I'm almost close to tears... I had painted this beautiful eye... I mean I really, really thought it was beautiful! The crimson tears I added made it perfect.

Then... then I wanted to work on the background and it's just ruined. can't be salvaged! I'm glad I took a few pictures during the process... but... GAH! I know I'm still learning to paint... and that I've not painted in 10 years but this is getting on my nerves. 

I mean, it went from this:

To... ugh, this!

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (March 10, 2014 2:35 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 10, 2014 2:56 pm  #1104

Aw Phantom, step away and take a deep breath!
You're doing just fine for someone so out of practice - I think it looks pretty cool

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 11, 2014 10:24 am  #1105

Don't worry Phantom. Try to think of painting as a process rather than an end product. Just keep practising, experimenting. There is more to be learnt from the 'mistakes' than the things that go right. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 11, 2014 12:57 pm  #1106

Thanks! I know; that's what I've always said myself... mistakes are great when you want to learn! I'm just my biggest critic I suppose.

I took some art classes a few years ago and the teachers seemed to believe every stroke of a brush or a pencil had to be right and the end result always had to be perfect... Which is part of why I stopped going and stopped painting all together. I got sick of critisism. Also I like being abstract and paint with my feelings more than realism. The final straw was when I was asked to paint a vase and I went really abstract and the teacher started yelling at me. 

Bleh... oh well at least I have the passion back. Even if I have a long way to go 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 11, 2014 1:02 pm  #1107

Hi Phantom,
if art was only about realism there would be no art in the long run. We would just take a photo. It is not just about delivering something for others to be pleased but also to express yourself and have fun during the process.

March 13, 2014 7:10 am  #1108

I'm not sure how I'm gonna survive today. Went to bed at shortly past midnight, set my alarm for 7:15. Woke up at 5:30 and couldn't fall back asleep (which very rarely happens to me). I don't function on less than six hours of sleep. I can see it's going to be a haaaard day to get through. And hay fever just totally sucks, cause I'm pretty sure that's why I woke up.

Also, is it just me, or has the forum been flaky yesterday evening? Could just be my internet connection, or something got messed up in the latest Windows update I ran on my desktop, but the pages kept timing out for me, and there was about an hour or so last night where I couldn't load the forum at all. Please tell me it's not my computer. (Everything seems to be working fine this morning with my laptop.)

March 13, 2014 7:18 am  #1109

Telekom had massive problems yesterday in the 02 area. I could not access the forum via T-Online the whole day and today tumblr still is not shown correctly. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 13, 2014 7:32 am  #1110

Oh, then I guess that could explain it, as I have Telekom DSL as well.

March 13, 2014 9:39 am  #1111

I hope you make it through today, TeeJay!

I am so annoyed... some idiot thought it would be fun pulling the firealarm at 3am last night. I stood outside for about 45 minutes in a nightie... gah that is cold I tell you! I have a really good nose but I couldn't smell smoke... I tried to take it cool; and yet I didn't think about my coat or my purse. Just went out in my nightie taking my phone with me. I was really close to running back for my Sherlok DVD's (Yup, fire really exposes our priorities!)... When we were finally let back inside by the police and a fireman who could confirm it had been some unknown idiot and not a fire the fire alarm continued for another hour. I was hiding in the bathroom because there the sound was less horrible... 

I wasn't online yesterday because my back was a total mess; as you can guess I'm no better today after all that. UGH! 

Who ever did this, I hope I never meet them... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (March 13, 2014 9:41 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 13, 2014 11:39 am  #1112

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I am so annoyed... some idiot thought it would be fun pulling the firealarm at 3am last night. I stood outside for about 45 minutes in a nightie...

That used to be a regular routine when I lived in university halls. It was either idiots messing about with alarms or idiots trying to cook whilst under influence of alcohol and drugs. If we went a week without a fire alam in a middle of the night it was reason for celebration.

March 13, 2014 11:44 am  #1113

Hope you feel better soon Phantom and Swanpride.
Really annoyed with myself today; there's so much I want to do and need to do but I can't motivate my stupid self:/
I do get slightly depressed sometimes and this doesn't help but I'm getting angry at myself for being so unproductive. I need to give myself a massive kick up the backside!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 13, 2014 11:50 am  #1114

belis wrote:

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I am so annoyed... some idiot thought it would be fun pulling the firealarm at 3am last night. I stood outside for about 45 minutes in a nightie...

That used to be a regular routine when I lived in university halls. It was either idiots messing about with alarms or idiots trying to cook whilst under influence of alcohol and drugs. If we went a week without a fire alam in a middle of the night it was reason for celebration.

Luckily this was the first time for me here... We used to really respect the old landlord and most people were trying to make his life easier. He was sort of a father to some of us... but the new guy is rubbing people off the wrong way. 

Had it not been for my pain I wouldn't mind this too much for my own personal sake... I don't have school or work to take care of...

I hope you do find your motivation eventually, Tinks! It's an awful feeling! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 13, 2014 12:54 pm  #1115

I'm actually doing surprisingly okay so far. Good thing that my day is packed with different meetings today, so that I don't have much of a risk of falling asleep in front of the computer with my head on my keyboard. I just made myself a double-shot latte, so that should help too. I'm sure I'm gonna be fading fast after yoga, though. Doesn't help that I need to get up around 6 am tomorrow (rather than my usual 7:30).

It's such a pain in the neck if you have troublemaking tenants in your house. Luckily, so far the house I live in has been really great, and it also helps that we have good sound insulation. I hope you won't have to go through more unnecessary fire alarms, phantom!

March 13, 2014 1:03 pm  #1116

I'm being very unproductive. It's my day off and I had great plans with regards to revising for my exams. Instead I'm here, procrastinating again. Lol

March 13, 2014 1:33 pm  #1117

I'm sending you all the energy I can that you make it through today, Teejay! And Belis good luck with your exams!

I'm annoyed with myself right now. My back is hurting so damn much I am practically crying. And being on the laptop is only making it worse... I should shut it down and get myself a couple of pain killers and try for the life of me to find a comfortable position. 

And yet, here I am... have been for hours! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 13, 2014 1:43 pm  #1118

Move now Phantom Lady, the longer you leave it the worse it will get.

Luck is what I will need to carry me through. There are way to many statistics to revise for this exam. I'm a doctor not a mathematician.

March 13, 2014 2:39 pm  #1119

[img]http://ih2.redbubble.net/image.12318473.6173/fc,220x200,white.jpg[/img]

'Nuff said.

March 14, 2014 2:19 pm  #1120

Gah, and here I am... considering surgery for my back.

When I was a child I was told my back could become an issue and if so I could have the twist in my spine corrected. Back then I said no... and I still feel like I should say no. I could lose control of my body below the waist. I hate this pain... but other than the great risk of becoming paralyzed surgery will hurt too.

I should go to my doctor and ask for pain meds for these times when my back is being a total btch. But I won't... my doctor doesn't even know the extend of my pains. I used to be addicted to pain meds once and I just don't trust myself enough to have stuff like that lying around... so I just have to learn to deal with the pain... 

Why was I such a stupid teenager? Grrrr!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera