BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 26, 2014 11:09 am  #1041

Re: Free Rants

Mmm chocolate! I do love chocolate! *runs off to the fridge to get a little easter egg, just because*. I hope your throat is getting better! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 26, 2014 11:12 am  #1042

Easter eggs?  We're not even into Lent, yet!  So speaks the atheist....
Anyhow, yeah, hopefully my throat is feeling bit better...but I am quite washed out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 26, 2014 11:17 am  #1043

I know! but well... they were cheap... 

I hope you're stocking up on vitamin C, lots of camomille tea and I always make sure to give my face a steam bath with mint tea leaves... it works wonders for me! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 26, 2014 11:27 am  #1044

Actually all I'm doing is taking the pills, trying to drink plenty of water and take a pain killer each night before I go to bed...still not sleeping much.

Last edited by besleybean (February 26, 2014 11:27 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 26, 2014 8:30 pm  #1045

Neighbours!! Please stop complaining!! I can not keep my kids from making some noises during the day, and I´m getting tired of being over-considerate if all that comes from you are rants every single time we meet. Our kids are too noisy, my husband´s voice is too loud, our washing machine interfers with your watching TV peacefully and the cleaning lady is obviously throwing furniture around when no one is watching.. you yelled at my visiting friend and her kids and threatened to call the police if we 'ever dare to wake up the kids at 5.30 again.. yes, we heard you were doing this!' 

Honestly, wtf??

February 26, 2014 8:43 pm  #1046

Oh Zatoichi - this is bad! Have you ever thought of moving?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 26, 2014 10:22 pm  #1047

Yes, I did, but apart from those two people I really feel at home here and it´s not so easy to find anything similar in this area - apart from the fact it would cost around 8000 EUR with all costs included. So I´m afraid I´m a bit stuck here at the moment.. 

It´s not that I didn´t understand they are annoyed at times - even I am! But there´s just no help to it, if they can´t handle the sounds of normal family life why did they choose a flat below a family with two toddlers in the first place? I miss our old neighbour very much, she was such a sweet person..

Last edited by Zatoichi (February 26, 2014 10:23 pm)

February 27, 2014 7:24 am  #1048

Oh Zatoichi, that's horrible  . Neighbours are strange creatures sometimes. The lady who lives in the flat under us once complained we should stop using the loo during the night because we pee to loud! But we are now quiet friendly with each other. So, there is still hope.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 27, 2014 7:44 am  #1049

Children will be children and they make a noise when they play. Your neighbours moved in after you were already there. Next time they shout at anyone I suggest you try and record it and keep it for evidence. The police will laugh at them I think. If they don't like where they live then they have a choice don't they. They can move! Don't apologise to them as that is weakening your ground and suggests that you are to blame. Maybe you can invite them around for a meal or tea and cake. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 27, 2014 7:51 am  #1050

Ugh those neighbours sound really annoying! I hope they ease down sometime!

The guy who lives upstairs from me drives me nuts too... I have no idea what he's doing but sometimes it sounds like he is drilling holes in his floor; it makes my place rattle and I can't hear a thing other than that drill... you wouldn't believe how loud that can be! I chose not to complain about it; I have thought about leaving him a nice note and a bag of candy in his letter box in case he doesn't know the sound goes through to my flat... but I just live for the days when he's not doing what ever it is. And when it's too bad I have my headphones.

...And now I'm getting sick too. Gah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 27, 2014 3:56 pm  #1051

Such neighbours are a plague, zatoichi. Feel hugged from me.

Examination week. I'm so exhausted I could sit in a corner and cry.

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

February 27, 2014 5:32 pm  #1052

Thanks all for your kind words and advice! I feel better now..

I think I made a mistake by being too friendly in the beginning and making too many concessions.. it didn´t help, it only got worse. I´ll have to amend this now and establish some boundaries..*sigh*

I don´t know if I can bring myself to inviting them - I did when they first moved in, but after she hinted my daughter was "not normal" and our other neighbours all say nasty things about us (yeah, for sure!) it kind of damped my motivation to have her around.. at the moment I can´t muster any energy to appear friendly towards her. We´ll see..

@Phantom and Criosdan: Get better soon!

February 27, 2014 9:29 pm  #1053

Sneaky Swanpride.. but I agree, you describe my current tactics. I just referred to Davina´s proposal, which I think is great in less negative situations.. overrun them with utter friendliness . Maybe some day, if everything lightens up, I´ll actually do it and invite them over. Hope dies last!

Fortunately we are on good terms with the owners (who I suspect are also annoyed, because they keep ringing them about the entrance door and the heating, which is - you guessed it - too loud) and all other neighbours in the street. There is nothing they can do to us except annoy me with her rants.. which is bad enough. It really got to me when she made us responsible for her early death in the beginning.. but I toughened myself and just cut her off now (as polite as possible).

And now I´ll distract myself with some Sherlock/Benedict pictures.... she shouldn´t be the last thing I think about before going to bed!

Last edited by Zatoichi (February 27, 2014 9:52 pm)

February 27, 2014 10:30 pm  #1054

Zatoichi wrote:

It really got to me when she made us responsible for her early death in the beginning...

Experience has taught me that those who predict an early death for themselves usually live the longest If the neighbourhood is feeling morose from her babble - imagine how badly her family has it. Would not want to grow up in that household.

February 28, 2014 6:54 am  #1055

I confess I'm one of those...
Since I was 14, I've been telling people I'm going to die young...

February 28, 2014 9:27 am  #1056

Meh, I just had to turn down cake because of my throat... Oh well, it was a kind offer at least! I'll take that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 28, 2014 5:02 pm  #1057

I turned down a cream cake yesterday, cos of a clash with my antibiotics...but I made up for it with 2 cakes today!

March 1, 2014 8:07 am  #1058

Exams are over and I did really good.
Instead of that I have a horrible flu with annoying fever. So I can't go to my sister-in-laws wedding.
I honestly feel like s**t...

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

March 2, 2014 5:04 pm  #1059

I don't know this is a rant as such...

But it really amazes me how differently people treat you based on what you wear, especially in shops! If I wear punk clothes they don't give me the service I should as a costumer... if I wear 'normal' clothes they are nice enough... but when I go shopping in my (faux) fur coat they nearly bend over backwards and give me the highest form of service.

I'm still the same person; Ugh! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 2, 2014 5:07 pm  #1060

I find now I'm older, I'm granted much better service than I ever was as a young woman.

Board footera