BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2014 11:00 am  #921

Re: Free Rants

I love being pregnant, and I am so looking forward to having a baby boy.

I do mind, though, when baby stretches his feet and pins them right under my ribs. Ouch!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 15, 2014 11:29 am  #922

This sounds painful, Schmiezi. Try some herbal soothers (just joking). 

I used to play soccer in my mummy's belly and managed to give her a hernia. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 15, 2014 11:41 am  #923

OUCH!

Okay, I will stop complaining about little John-Sherlock making me feel a bit uncomfortable instantly. Well, very unfomfortable, right now, but at least I did not get hurt yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 15, 2014 11:51 am  #924

I apologised to my mum as soon as I could speak. 

Calm down, boy. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 15, 2014 4:49 pm  #925

Ir's funnier when they kick your partner, if you're lying close to them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2014 4:52 pm  #926

Funnier for whom? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 15, 2014 4:53 pm  #927

Sorry but I simply have to vent this - I am a bit sad about the current climate in here. Criticism is fine but many things are just over the top. The smallest details are shot down in flames, reading many threads you would think the whole series is total rubbish.
But tbh, I feared something like that would happen in the fandom. Expectations were so incredibly high that nothing would have satisfied some people.  

January 15, 2014 4:57 pm  #928

I agree with you, Susi. I feel the same at the moment. What I just don't get is why you visit a Sherlock-forum just to complain about the show?!

Beasley, I like your way of thinking about baby kicks. Hubby is clinging to my baby belly, going like "Kick ME, kick ME" three times a day. Strangely enough he never says "Strangle MY stomache"  or "Apply pressure on MY bladder".

January 15, 2014 4:59 pm  #929

Maybe it's "just" splitted into halfs from S3.
A friend of mine also just told me if the next episode isn't absolutely brilliant she will stop watching Sherlock.
QE just wrote in the other thread she especially loved everything about friendship - which is what others especially hate.
Seems to me just a thing we have to accept.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 15, 2014 5:04 pm  #930

Come on, I even changed my sig for a TEH-quote! 

(Psst, Susi!)

Last edited by Harriet (January 15, 2014 5:29 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 15, 2014 5:11 pm  #931

Which I truly appreciate. Please note my new title. 

P.S. Yours is a TEH quote but series 3 is series 3. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 15, 2014 5:12 pm)

January 15, 2014 5:12 pm  #932

Lovely, Susi.

I don't want to change my CB quote in my sig, but I think I need new pictures for it.

January 15, 2014 10:34 pm  #933

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry but I simply have to vent this - I am a bit sad about the current climate in here. Criticism is fine but many things are just over the top. The smallest details are shot down in flames, reading many threads you would think the whole series is total rubbish.
But tbh, I feared something like that would happen in the fandom. Expectations were so incredibly high that nothing would have satisfied some people.  

For me it's not that criticism only creates the current climate. HLV has obviously been such a great deal that people tend to have their very own view on the matter. Which is generally fine but with Reichenbach we could all come together and share our grief. Disagreements were mostly about logic when discussing how he faked his death and how he will return etc. Disagreements now are about whether a character deserves something or not, whether you should empathize or not, morally condemnable or not and this is all getting too personal for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 15, 2014 10:37 pm  #934

Well said, Mary. 

January 15, 2014 11:03 pm  #935

I feel the same way.  I don't mind people debating plot elements or discussing the characters' actions.  But when people start making statements about the writers, that's when it crosses the line for me.  They have their vision of the show and it won't always conform to ours...but what fun would that be if they did?  I don't want something exactly like the stories...I can read those any time.  I want what this show has always provided...a great story with great writing played by great actors.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 16, 2014 6:35 am  #936

Really?
Interesting.
Moriarty in general and Amdrew Scott in particular, has no greater fan than me.
His appearances made the show for me.
But I am honestly fairly indifferent if we never see him again.
Tho an occasional Mind Palace appearance would just be a nice bonus!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2014 7:06 am  #937

Swanpride wrote:

In my experience, those people who scream the loudest that something isn't like in the stories are the ones who barely know canon and have instead a very idealized idea of it.

I honestly think (hope) that is only a matter of time. Those people who want to stick with the series will stay, the others will go. I am more worried that the "Moriarty is alive or not" discussion might end up in a big fight.

I am with you there, Swanpride. Until then ... is "Close yor eyes and hit it!" the right proverb? (I am looking for the english version of ""Augen zu und durch" ... )

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 16, 2014 8:15 am)

January 16, 2014 8:04 am  #938

Swanpride wrote:

In my experience, those people who scream the loudest that something isn't like in the stories are the ones who barely know canon and have instead a very idealized idea of it.

I honestly think (hope) that is only a matter of time. Those people who want to stick with the series will stay, the others will go. I am more worried that the "Moriarty is alive or not" discussion might end up in a big fight.

You have a point there. ACD was everything but a perfect story-teller. Imagine Moftiss mixing up John's first name or the part of his body where he was shot in the war.  Not to mention stretching our imagination with Sherlock Holmes returning from the dead and Watson just fainting and then returning back to usual business. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 16, 2014 8:07 am)

January 16, 2014 9:45 am  #939

I find it very interesting to read all those different opinions and viewpoints on S3, especially because I still haven't made up my mind about how much I like it - and please note, that implies that I do indeed like it.
What's important though is that everyone should be respectful towards other opinions. In some threads it really seems as if people were trying to defend their opinion to the marrow. Do discussions really have to be that grim? I thought what unites us all is our love for the show, but sometimes it seems that people are only here to nit-pick. There certainly are things in S3 which offer good material for further debate, but there already were several occasions on which I initially wanted to write something and then just thought 'oh, what's the use?'. My problem, I know, but still...

(Oh, and please note: I do indeed like S3 so much that I changed my avatar! And my sig(s)! )

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 16, 2014 9:48 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 16, 2014 4:42 pm  #940

Do we all feel like that sometimes, tho?
I know I do.
There are various reasons why I sometimes doen't post on things:  having unpopular opinions beign a chief one!

Board footera