BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2013 9:20 am  #861

Re: Free Rants

QE, I'm deeply impressed by your new identification. I'm definitely rooting for you *hugs*. Not everything is easy but when I see how many people here are showing their acceptance and support, it really makes me feel happy. 

Deilenn, I feel so sorry for you. Let's all hope that your cat will return healthy and safely at home some day. If not, then at least he has had a nice life. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 15, 2013 11:23 am  #862

Sitting at the hospital.  Had to bring my mom in to the Emergancy Room yesterday at 4:30am.  She's 66 and has a lot of health problems.  Right now they've found out that she's severly anemic.  Her iron count in her blood should be 16, and she's a 7.  They think she might be losing blood somewhere internally.and will be doing tests all day to try and figure it all out.
I'm worried and exhausted.  Grateful to find a little distraction here in Sherlock land.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 15, 2013 12:26 pm  #863

Best wishes, tonnaree. Thinking of you! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 15, 2013 2:12 pm  #864

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I appreciate that much. *hugs* I still hope my kitten will be back.

tonnaree, I also wish you and your mom best.

The Road goes ever on and on...

November 15, 2013 2:40 pm  #865

Sorry to read that, tonnaree. I hope she will be better soon.

@Mary: Thank you. Meanwhile I feel a lot better. Just still a bit stressed out from thinking too much. It's not that I have a problem with the identification itself, but rather with the fact that I had to get almost 30 years old to finally find some words to describe myself. Without the internet I would probably never have found out and would have spent the rest of my life thinking I was a freak. Under the given circumstances I'm actually rather normal. I don't care if other people think I'm weird, as long as I know it's not true.

Last edited by QuiteExtraordinary (November 15, 2013 2:44 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 15, 2013 2:57 pm  #866

I hope your mom will get well soon, tonnaree. Best wishes

November 15, 2013 3:31 pm  #867

tonnaree wrote:

Sitting at the hospital.  Had to bring my mom in to the Emergancy Room yesterday at 4:30am.  She's 66 and has a lot of health problems.  Right now they've found out that she's severly anemic.  Her iron count in her blood should be 16, and she's a 7.  They think she might be losing blood somewhere internally.and will be doing tests all day to try and figure it all out.
I'm worried and exhausted.  Grateful to find a little distraction here in Sherlock land.

*hugs*  You're a good daughter to be there for your mom. I hope she'll be fine. Please let us know how things are going, if you can find a minute or two. I'll keep the good thoughts going your way.

November 15, 2013 4:59 pm  #868

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Sorry to read that, tonnaree. I hope she will be better soon.

@Mary: Thank you. Meanwhile I feel a lot better. Just still a bit stressed out from thinking too much. It's not that I have a problem with the identification itself, but rather with the fact that I had to get almost 30 years old to finally find some words to describe myself. Without the internet I would probably never have found out and would have spent the rest of my life thinking I was a freak. Under the given circumstances I'm actually rather normal. I don't care if other people think I'm weird, as long as I know it's not true.

QE, as our beloved John Watson would tell you, "It's all good."

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 15, 2013 6:20 pm  #869

All the best for you mum. Mine had a brain operation today. I hope everything went well, it is her 75th birthday. I will visit her during the weekend as the clinic is in another city. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 15, 2013 6:29 pm  #870

All the best for your mums, tonnaree and Susi! Hard time for daughters...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 15, 2013 6:33 pm  #871

Oh, a lot of trouble around here these days...
My best wishes for your mothers and pet. xx

I will try to relax during weekend. On monday it would have been my dad's 76th birthday, but he died in February this year. So I will go and visit my mum that day. It will probably not be our funniest evening......

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 15, 2013 6:37 pm  #872

It is really good that we can come here and talk and just wish each other all the best. I will be thinking of you, Mattlocked. So spoil yourself a bit over the weekend. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 15, 2013 6:55 pm  #873

All the best wishes for all of you!
Almost two years ago my dad died of cancer, so I know how it feels to worry about your mother or father. Hard times. Especially if you just have to sit and wait. I hope none of you has to go through this completely on her own!

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 15, 2013 6:56 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 15, 2013 6:58 pm  #874

Thank you, Solar. No, there is a complete family around me. 

November 15, 2013 7:37 pm  #875

Best wishes to all of you and your families. I hope if you and your mothers support each other it will help to make things bearable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 15, 2013 7:46 pm  #876

SusiGo wrote:

Thank you, Solar. No, there is a complete family around me. 

Oh, that is so good. It doesn't make it easy, but certainly easier, at least that was how I always felt.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 15, 2013 9:21 pm  #877

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS EVERYONE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 15, 2013 10:44 pm  #878

SusiGo wrote:

All the best for you mum. Mine had a brain operation today. I hope everything went well, it is her 75th birthday. I will visit her during the weekend as the clinic is in another city. 

Good thoughts coming your way, too, Susi. Having an aging parent must be very hard. I lost my beloved parents when I was only 32 and 37, so I never saw them grow old, but I can imagine it must feel like a whole new ballgame when suddenly you find yourself as the caregiver and your parent is the one who needs taking care of. Please let us know how things go for her and you! Best.

November 15, 2013 10:48 pm  #879

Mattlocked wrote:

I will try to relax during weekend. On monday it would have been my dad's 76th birthday, but he died in February this year. So I will go and visit my mum that day. It will probably not be our funniest evening......

Sweet memories, hopefully, and maybe even some not-so-sweet ones that you can find the courage to laugh about a bit. Your mom might surprise you, how resilient she's become in the last few months since she's been alone. But whether you laugh or cry together, I'm sure seeing you will help her a whole lot. Hugs to you both.

November 17, 2013 5:24 pm  #880

Day 4 at the hospital with Mom.    She's doing much better.  She feels well enough now to complain of being BORED.  Gave me a flash of Sherlock she did.  

None of the tests she's had have turned up anything for concern..  The doctors now think her anemia may come from her body just not absorbing iron properly.  They took some tissue from her digestive track for a biopsy.

Now that she's stablized she may get to go home tomorrow.  *fingers crossed*   I am emotionally exhausted and physically bloody tired of sleeping in a chair.

Susi dear, how is your mother?  I hope she's doing well.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera