BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2013 8:46 pm  #841

Re: Free Rants

Love that song.  I wrote about it in my English 'O' level exam.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 4, 2013 9:08 pm  #842

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 4, 2013 9:17 pm  #843

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 4, 2013 9:18 pm  #844

Thank you, very kind, but I actually prefer the Tom Paxton version...least I think it's him!
Ah, in  fact it's the mighty Pete Seeger.

Last edited by besleybean (November 4, 2013 9:20 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 4, 2013 9:22 pm  #845

Right, I get your point. But I like all the tiny colourful boxes!   

November 4, 2013 9:24 pm  #846

Tee Hee.

November 4, 2013 9:42 pm  #847

Well, actually it came into my mind when I read QE's rant ...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 4, 2013 9:47 pm  #848

I know. 

November 4, 2013 10:05 pm  #849

You are all so kind. If all people were as accepting as the people in this forum are, life would be a lot easier.
That's a good song, by the way.

Last edited by QuiteExtraordinary (November 4, 2013 10:05 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 4, 2013 10:11 pm  #850

QE, for me it is another proof of how wonderful this forum is that you feel you can actually talk to us about your current difficult situation. I hope you will somehow find enough time and tranquility to come to terms with those changes. And if you have the wish or the need to talk you know where to find us. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 4, 2013 10:15 pm  #851

SusiGo wrote:

QE, for me it is another proof of how wonderful this forum is that you feel you can actually talk to us about your current difficult situation.

Yes, that's true.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 5, 2013 5:52 am  #852

I think it's terribly brave of you to post it, and I'm glad that you did! Do you have at least one person in "real life" you can talk about it all?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 5, 2013 6:06 am  #853

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

QE, for me it is another proof of how wonderful this forum is that you feel you can actually talk to us about your current difficult situation.

Yes, that's true.

While I haven't been through quite that, can definitely still relate/appreciate to something you're a fan of (and often the accompanying fandom) playing a part in realizations about yourself and giving you a place to share them!  Never quite considered myself 'mainstream' in some ways, either…    Thank you for sharing, though!  Hope thoughts settle down soon!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 5, 2013 11:15 am  #854

Oh, QE, due to my absence I've read your post only now. I second everything my previous writers already said. As someone who's met you IRL I just confirm you refreshingly "not normal". You're definitely more than meets the eye and I wish you someone to see this and accept you the way you are.
Being a Queen fan I give you an encouraging Freddie Mercury fist in the air!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 5, 2013 2:09 pm  #855

((((hugs QE))))

Normal is a concept created by people who only want you to conform to there standards of behavior.

Or as Sherlock would put it.   NORMAL IS BORING.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 5, 2013 4:40 pm  #856

Three cheers to that.

November 5, 2013 7:05 pm  #857

Thanks again. I feel much better; writing that down and getting support makes it look far less scary.

November 13, 2013 8:23 pm  #858

I'm so sad because one of my two cats has gone missing  It's been already more than 3 weeks now... We've been looking for him in the vicinity, we made ads, we went to the nearest animal shelter to check if he's there.. I'd never been to any animal shelter before that day to be honest, it's was heartbreaking to see all those animals in cages looking at you with hope you can take them home :[ we didn't find our kitten... ;( I feel bad cos I don't know what else I can do. Maybe someone had such situation before? I miss my kitten...

The Road goes ever on and on...

November 14, 2013 12:06 am  #859

Deilenn wrote:

I'm so sad because one of my two cats has gone missing  It's been already more than 3 weeks now... We've been looking for him in the vicinity, we made ads, we went to the nearest animal shelter to check if he's there.. I'd never been to any animal shelter before that day to be honest, it's was heartbreaking to see all those animals in cages looking at you with hope you can take them home :[ we didn't find our kitten... ;( I feel bad cos I don't know what else I can do. Maybe someone had such situation before? I miss my kitten...

So sorry dear.  I have kitties too and they are family.  My oldest passed away in September. She was 18, older than my kids!  I'm still missing her so much.  

It is still possible for your kitten to show up.  I had one disapear for over a month once and found him.
Cats are strange creatures.

(((hugs)))

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 14, 2013 12:30 am  #860

*hugs*

When I was younger, we had a cat called Jess; a black and white one and I loved him to bits. He was always going out on his own and then coming back. But then he went off one day and never came back 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera