BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 6, 2012 8:17 pm  #61

Re: Free Rants

tobeornot221b wrote:

My today's rant in two German or four English words:
Waschmaschine = Totalschaden
Washing machine = total damage

Sorry Tobe, but I think you saw this coming, right?  Pretty much bad timing I would say....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 6, 2012 8:26 pm  #62

Thanks Susi and KP for your sympathy - yes, very bad timing...
(moreover, my dvd player is almost broken down as well - too much Sherlock, I presume...maybe I'm going to ask Jim to fix it?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 6, 2012 8:44 pm  #63

No, don't do that. He'll tamper with it and make it play strange films about Sir-Boast-a-lot.

Last edited by SusiGo (July 7, 2012 6:48 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 6, 2012 10:18 pm  #64

Oh god, I have the problem with the DVD too...
Everytime there is the BBC logo with the fireworks and then there is this stupid advertisement for the BBC Germany homepage or something. It's so annoying and it just takes soooo long!
But I really can't skip it.

Oh no, tobe :/ That really sucks!

July 6, 2012 11:07 pm  #65

SusiGo wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

My today's rant in two German or four English words:
Waschmaschine = Totalschaden
Washing machine = total damage

Poor Tobe, that's annoying. And expensive  .

Yeah. A sad lesson.

July 7, 2012 11:22 am  #66

Veecee...translation. My lorry is a truck. It is 7.5tons. It has 6 wheels, 2 on the front axel and 4 on the back axel. It has power assisted steering (thank goodness). It has a driver's cab with three seats and behind that is a living area, then a lobby area and finally a big section at the back which is stalled for 3 horses. At the very back is a big ramp which lowers so the horses can get on and off. I guess it is about 27 feet long.

It has horses written in big letters on the back and front and apparently as soon as people see that they lose their marbles!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 7, 2012 11:48 am  #67

That's really a big one. I only know these small trailers for one or two horses you often see on German motorways. But I don't understand why people get crazy when they see it.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 7, 2012 2:53 pm  #68

Nor do I! W have to go quite slowly round corners and like all lorries often do not go that fast on the main roads but even when I'm doing the speed limit on back roads people get this 'red mist' in their heads and have to overtake, even when it is not safe to do so. Or they come up a slip road and undertake me before I can move across and even if I am signalling to do so. The other thing too many people do, with all lorries is sit much too close to the back of them in their cars. The lorry driver then cannot see them any more and if the lorry has to break sufddenly the car will go smack into the back of the lorry.

People get irritated that we go slowly round corners but they don't think about the fact that we are carrying animals and that you cannot throw them about in a lorry like you can may other  goods.

I used to tow a trailer, which is what you have described but I am rubbish at parking them and also I feel they are unsafe as they can tip over quite easily and also offer practically no protection to the animals inside if there is an accident.

I am ranting again aren't I. Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 7, 2012 6:28 pm  #69

Thank you for the explanation. I don't know if we would call that a (big honkin') horse trailer, a horse truck, or something else in the US.

July 7, 2012 10:15 pm  #70

In USA  you'd call it  a  horse trailer  only  if it's got 2 stalls.   If it's got more,  then it's a horse truck.   

Sigh.   I  saw a dr  yesterday  and  he's a urology   kidney stone expert,   and I  got mad  after seeing him.  AGAIN.  why?   I  did some tests  for him,  and he didn't bother to  get the results.  That   visit  with him  was just another BIG  disappointment.  I  don't wanna see him again,  but I think I'm stuck with him due to my insurance.   

This weekend is supposed to be very  hot,  but I'm  not feeling it.  I'm feeling more back pain  and kidney  (left side) pain  than I ever have  felt before.  on a scale of 1 to 10,  it's an 11.  sigh!!!  why do bad things happen to good people?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 8, 2012 4:56 am  #71

And to good kitties? Thanks for the horse truck explanation.

Hot! We have had temperatures in the 90s for days on end, sometimes even going to 100 and more. And humid. Thank goodness for A/C and swimming pools. Tomorrow is supposed to be "cooler," in the 80s.

July 8, 2012 5:48 pm  #72

Oh.....this weekend is so not going according to plan.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 9, 2012 4:02 pm  #73

My "kind of rant": I'm getting my wisdom teeth surgically removed tomorrow :/
So it's not a problem now but it will be soon..  Definitely not looking forward to the pain!

Gosh, you Americans must be burning... it's so hot over there!

Last edited by Sammy (July 9, 2012 5:52 pm)

July 9, 2012 4:06 pm  #74

What's wrong with your wisdom teeth Sammy?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 9, 2012 4:12 pm  #75

Hope it goes well (or at least as well as getting your wisdom teeth pulled can).

It's not terribly hot in Iowa anymore  . It was SO hot last week, though (over 100 degrees F/ 38 degrees C).

July 9, 2012 5:20 pm  #76

I  know  things will  go well for you  Sammy.   I  know how painful  this procedure is,  afterwards.   Don't worry.   you won't lose your wisdom  after those teeth are pulled.   I  know;  I had mine pulled ages ago,  and yet I'm still wise.   Not as wise as sherlock,  but...you get the idea?   

Hmmm--  was it  hot  in the USA  this past weekend?  I  live  in  it,  but I didn't notice. It's supposed to be hotter THIS week out here.     I  did feel my  back  pain  burning  just a bit tho....UGH>>>>   why  can't this pain  just GO!!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 9, 2012 6:09 pm  #77

Molly Hooper wrote:

What's wrong with your wisdom teeth Sammy?

Oh, it's not uncommon for wisdom teeth to cause trouble!
There often is not enough space for them in the jaw so they might affect other teeth as they develop or they become impacted... stuff like this. So they often have to be removed.
Sometimes it's easier to "get to them", sometimes more difficult so in some cases a regular anaesthetic is required. That's my case, haha.
Well, but not everyone has to have them removed - you might be lucky.

sherlockskitty wrote:

Don't worry.   you won't lose your wisdom  after those teeth are pulled.

Haha, hopefully, yeah. :D

Today they showed on the TV that apparently it's hot enough to cook cookies in your car but not hot enough to fry an egg on the street...
oh, and the thing where the aeroplane sank into the asphalt in Washington!

July 9, 2012 6:15 pm  #78

Wow, not SO jealous now...

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

July 9, 2012 9:09 pm  #79

Don't hate me Sammy, but take heart, Molly: When I asked the dentist years ago when I could expect to get my wisdom teeth, he said, "I've got news for you. You have had them for years." Apparently, they came in early and with no problem, and I never even noticed! Now when I go to the dentist, they frequently remark, "Look, a full set of 32!"

Anyway, everyone I know who had theirs pulled lived through it and enjoyed the excuse to eat ice cream for lunch and dinner. Good luck, Sammy!

July 9, 2012 9:19 pm  #80

Sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't mean to sound so heartless! I wish you lots of luck!

Board footera