BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2013 3:09 pm  #681

Re: Free Rants

Dear, your english is so good! How comes your teacher does not know that?? Grrr, sometimes I really don't like other teachers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 12, 2013 3:11 pm  #682

This is really unfair, Mary. I keep thinking how good your English is when I read your posts.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 12, 2013 3:13 pm  #683

She told me the usual stuff. It's because participation etc. Hmmm, maybe that's because she just doesn't let me talk or read something out? My pronounciation has improved a lot.
It's not that I mind that much because I'm aware of my skills and I know she can't take it from me. Still, I'm obviously not happy with it 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 15, 2013 10:58 am  #684

Rant at myself...sometimes I astonish myself with my own capacity for stupidity!

That is all. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 15, 2013 11:13 am  #685

Oh, think I could give you a good run for your money!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 15, 2013 11:50 am  #686

I think this is the first time I'm in need of this thread. Last night I accompanied my niece and her friend who are staying with me to see the fireworks at the Eiffel Tower (can't let two seventeen year old girls from the countryside gadding about on their own that late). Though everybody was sitting on the grass while we were waiting (about 2 and a half hours - ugh) when the show started everyone stood up and all we could see was a forest of arms holding phones high above their heads - that annoys me so so much. Their videos will be very bad quality anyway, why can't people enjoy life first-hand and not through a smartphone all the time?

July 15, 2013 2:07 pm  #687

Davina wrote:

Rant at myself...sometimes I astonish myself with my own capacity for stupidity!

That is all.

Okay, so I tried to be polite and stuff, but failed... WHAT HAPPENED??? What have you done?

If it helps you to open up: I accidentially broke my collegue's coffee mug today in front of our class when I was yelling because the pupils were way too loud WHILE I was taking away a stick from a very annoying pupil who was horsing around with it the entire time.

Well, they were quiet afterwards, but still... Stupid me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 15, 2013 2:11 pm  #688

I can beat that.  In my 1st ever job, I smashd a child's hand cuffs, in front of the child!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 15, 2013 2:16 pm  #689

I would love to have handcuffs in class from time to time...

No seriously, lack of vocabulary here. What did you break?

July 15, 2013 2:30 pm  #690

Me?  The kid's handcuffs.  He brought them into the playgroup and I let him put them on me.  Then I couldn't get them off.  So I had to smash them!
I phoned his mother later to apologise.  But she juist laughed and said the boy had thought it was hilarious.

July 15, 2013 2:37 pm  #691

Oh. And I really thought there was another meaning of "handcuffs" I did not know yet...

Note to self: If I bring handcuffs to class, I'll attach them to kids, not myself!

(Right now I feel the need to stress how much I like my pupils. really! Just... 4 more days until the summer holidays!)

July 15, 2013 3:49 pm  #692

I'm into my 3rd week of hols!

July 16, 2013 6:48 am  #693

My blunder...I sold a saddle to a girl last week. She bought a saddle I was selling for a friend. Two days ago I suddenly realised I had given her he wrong saddle. Instead of my friend's one I had given her my one (also for sale). Different size and also worth 4x what my friend's one sold for. Messaged the girl explaining error and said I would swap them over to the size she wanted. She replied saying...no it's fine! I am now seriously out of pocket, have already given my friend the money the girl paid and I still have my friend's battered old saddle to sell!

See. Told you. I am an idiot!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 16, 2013 1:46 pm  #694

Got banned from the Brokeback Mountain forum I was a member of...without warning and without being given a reason for it. They won't tell me what I'm supposed to have done...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 16, 2013 1:47 pm  #695

I am intrigued...I can't even go and troll as I still haven't seen the film yet.
Dying to see it!

July 16, 2013 1:54 pm  #696

Davina wrote:

My blunder...I sold a saddle to a girl last week. She bought a saddle I was selling for a friend. Two days ago I suddenly realised I had given her he wrong saddle. Instead of my friend's one I had given her my one (also for sale). Different size and also worth 4x what my friend's one sold for. Messaged the girl explaining error and said I would swap them over to the size she wanted. She replied saying...no it's fine! I am now seriously out of pocket, have already given my friend the money the girl paid and I still have my friend's battered old saddle to sell!

See. Told you. I am an idiot!

Oh, poor you! This could sooo happen to me as well!

July 16, 2013 7:31 pm  #697

The girl is now ignoring me. So I guess I have whistled goodbye to my saddle. See, if it was me, I would be too guilt ridden to keep it and would arrange to swap it back. But then I guess not everyone is like me! 

July 16, 2013 7:53 pm  #698

Davina wrote:

The girl is now ignoring me. So I guess I have whistled goodbye to my saddle. See, if it was me, I would be too guilt ridden to keep it and would arrange to swap it back. But then I guess not everyone is like me!

That sucks :/  You could always take her to small claims court, but I guess it's up to you how much trouble to want to go through to get it back.  How many horses do you have, and what kind?  My family often adopts mustangs for cheap ($25) and then takes them to be broken.  We've had some great horses throughout the years...paints, pintos, a buckskin, an appaloosa and some great plain old brown horses, lol.  Our neighbor had a beautiful big red Morgan horse that we used to ride all of the time when we were young.  I haven't ridden in years now, though.  My parents had a miniature pony (palomino) that we kept for the kids, but he passed away a few years back.  They are currently breaking their only two horses, a paint and a pinto.  The paint just turned 2, and she's a beautiful thing (red and white).  I can't wait to ride them next time I go down

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 17, 2013 1:17 pm  #699

Schmiezi wrote:

If it helps you to open up: I accidentially broke my collegue's coffee mug today in front of our class when I was yelling because the pupils were way too loud WHILE I was taking away a stick from a very annoying pupil who was horsing around with it the entire time.

Well, they were quiet afterwards, but still... Stupid me!

besleybean wrote:

I can beat that.  In my 1st ever job, I smashd a child's hand cuffs, in front of the child!

Girls, you are great! I would have loved to see this! 
Schmiezi, don't worry yourself too much, otherwise they would never have learned it.
If I became a teacher, I would probably be a very vicious one. I would like the students that were (or at least pretended to be) interested in the subject and also willing to work and as for the kids who would constantly make trouble or be stupid as hell... go and help yourselves.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 17, 2013 1:24 pm  #700

kittykat wrote:

Got banned from the Brokeback Mountain forum I was a member of...without warning and without being given a reason for it. They won't tell me what I'm supposed to have done...

Since there's a great history regarding my internet forum activities, I can relate to you.
Whenever I got banned from an internet site just because one of the moderators didn't like me I viciously created a couple of accounts and trolled them for weeks.
But don't bother - sites who ban you without giving you a reason are not very legitimate and therefore not deserving of your presence.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera