BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2013 11:01 am  #661

Re: Free Rants

Washing! Ironing! That is all! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2013 11:09 am  #662

There is barely anything as annoying as ironing. (Lucky me, at my school there is this pupil-run company that does the ironing for you for a small fee. I love it! )

Look, Davina, how nice of me to give you a reason to take a little break...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 27, 2013 8:41 pm  #663

Beta reading and ironing! The ironing was made easier by watching a programme about Workhouses on my I-pad at the same time. It was so sad watching it that ironing suddenly did not seem so bad after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2013 8:42 pm  #664

Saw that last night, it was good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 29, 2013 11:01 am  #665

Davina wrote:

Are you on a keep fit mission or something? Or was your part as an asthmatic?

It seems I... underestimated  the number of flights I would have to scale to reach the floor where the auditions were being held. I was met by the writer (who I already knew) in the lobby who just... the man looked at me like I had lost the plot (and I was so out of breath I couldn't explain myself.)

When I left after the audition the man actually physically led me to the lifts. "Or you could take the stairs again," he said dryly, "Walk or fall. Either way gravity will do most of the work for you."

Well I guess it must have helped run off some of my adrenaline: I start filming in August

Last edited by Mnemosyne (June 29, 2013 11:02 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

June 29, 2013 5:22 pm  #666

Wow! Excellent job! (Not the stairs thing but getting the part). One of my daughter's friends acts but inbetween jobs he is a carer.

June 29, 2013 8:08 pm  #667

Davina wrote:

Wow! Excellent job! (Not the stairs thing but getting the part). One of my daughter's friends acts but inbetween jobs he is a carer.

Many thanks

Difficult and rewarding job, I have a relative who is a carer. It's one of those things, rather like acting, where it's a vocation. Big kudos to him

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

June 29, 2013 9:07 pm  #668

Yay.
I have no back up at work today.  I work in the lab at a local (to me) hospital, and we are *always supposed to have 2 people who can work in the blood bank at all times.  Except Saturday afternoons when I'm the only blood banker on staff.  It can be really slow (and I occasionally manage to get the net nanny to let me get on this forum), or it can go really south, really fast.  Major trauma, Open Heart goes bad...

to make it worse, I left my phone at home, and can't run home to get it on lunch. 
grr.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

June 29, 2013 9:44 pm  #669

We're getting ready to go the beach for a vacation!  But why is this a rant?  Because the caveat is that we are taking our 21 month old little boy with us, and he's a bit of a pain right now XD (terrible early two's).  We usually have two kids, but my daughter is spending a month with her grandparents about 500 miles away, so it's just the three of us right now.  Here's hoping we can get our little boy in gear tomorrow morning so we can leave ^^

Last edited by sj4iy (June 29, 2013 9:44 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 29, 2013 10:55 pm  #670

lots of snacks, lots of stopping at malls or the equivalent to get out and run.  good supply of diapers,
someone sitting in the back seat with him - not so convenient for the parents, but better for him not to be isolated with only the back of mom and dads heads. 

favorite toys of course, dvd player or the like for thomas the tank engine or other equally horrid for parents, favorite videos for toddlers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burn
Burn

June 29, 2013 11:02 pm  #671

butterfly grl wrote:

lots of snacks, lots of stopping at malls or the equivalent to get out and run.  good supply of diapers,
someone sitting in the back seat with him - not so convenient for the parents, but better for him not to be isolated with only the back of mom and dads heads. 

favorite toys of course, dvd player or the like for thomas the tank engine or other equally horrid for parents, favorite videos for toddlers.

Unfortunately, we can't do any of that.  My husband will drive, and I get carsick if I sit in the back.  And we let my parents take the car dvd player with them when they took my daughter down to their house.  We have the snacks covered, though lol.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

June 29, 2013 11:12 pm  #672

at the beach, I reccomend a leash.  I know, children aren't dogs.  However, the way I used the leashes was not to lead or drag a kid along, but to follow them, keeping them within reach.  Or stopping them when they were going somewhere they couldn't go.

I totally sympathize with car sick in the back.

Burn
Burn

June 30, 2013 12:42 am  #673

butterfly grl wrote:

at the beach, I reccomend a leash.  I know, children aren't dogs.  However, the way I used the leashes was not to lead or drag a kid along, but to follow them, keeping them within reach.  Or stopping them when they were going somewhere they couldn't go.

I totally sympathize with car sick in the back.

We have a monkey leash ;)

June 30, 2013 1:09 am  #674

appropriate for a little monkey!

Burn
Burn

June 30, 2013 10:41 am  #675

Can you get one of those toy stick-on car wheel things for the car. I don't know if they make them anymore but my son loved his because then he could pretend he was driving. Without his sis' he might be a little less frightful, you never know! Have you a CD with kids songs (or other songs he likes) that you can put on in the car? Make sure you take his favourite toy, as well as something brand new and picture/ interactive book/s.

Good luck!

June 30, 2013 8:31 pm  #676

Pee IN the cup.  Not ON it.  and close the lid tightly please!!!

(Is this too hard a concept?)

Burn
Burn

June 30, 2013 8:38 pm  #677

Maybe they should see a brain doc? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 30, 2013 11:23 pm  #678

Learn how to aim?  figure out somewhere down the line someone has to actually *handle* the cup?

Burn
Burn

July 6, 2013 8:16 pm  #679

Weekend. Sore throat. That is all.

July 12, 2013 2:27 pm  #680

Guess my grade in english on my school certificate. For all germans, it's a 3.
I'm not so familiar with the british school system, but I think it would be like a C or something.
I'm feeling not so happy for some reason...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera