BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2013 5:04 pm  #581

Re: Free Rants

This Easter is more snowy than Christmas... In the last 4 hours appeared about 50 or 60 cm of snow and it's still snowing...

ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ᴥส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

March 31, 2013 7:32 pm  #582

Been lovely here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 31, 2013 9:12 pm  #583

Beautifully sunny and warm here today. Just been for a walk in the park after overindulging at Easter brunch.

Davina, not to make light of your son's injuries, but if he is worried about his looks, i'd tell him a scar in his eyebrow will probably only mke him more intriguing to admirers.

March 31, 2013 9:16 pm  #584

veecee wrote:

Davina, not to make light of your son's injuries, but if he is worried about his looks, i'd tell him a scar in his eyebrow will probably only mke him more intriguing to admirers.

I agree =D

ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ᴥส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

March 31, 2013 9:27 pm  #585

Ha ha! That is exactly what one of my friends said!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 31, 2013 9:35 pm  #586

Eyebrow scars are sexy <3

April 1, 2013 4:04 am  #587

I'm a little late in chiming in, but just wanted to sympathize/exclaim along with everyone else...  aww, Davina!  Sorry to hear about that... but can't help but chuckle too, at some of the very true comments!  It most certainly speaks much more for your son, about what happened, and the quips being made about it up above!  Ha... imagine... most definitely not a bad thing to get a not-too-horrible scar by the eyebrow, get asked about it, and be able to say it was from standing up for a young lady. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 26, 2013 2:29 pm  #588

Another rant! Why do people contact me about horsey stuff I am selling, asking lots of details, for photos, or me to call them etc. then they never bother getting back to me even just to say thanks but no thanks?  I've waited for a lady to phone me back in half-an-hour (this morning) having called her back...still waiting 6 hours later! Not even a quick text! Grrrrrrr! Not the first time this sort of thing has happened. People are sooooo rude! 

There, I feel a bit better now!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 27, 2013 8:42 pm  #589

Ok, crap day today...

Firstly, I took my theory test this morning (been registered at the driving school for nearly 14 years so it was high time! ), really need the driving licence (well, the theory test first) because it's really not been easy since my husband's death, I mean, living with no car, no family around to help, and with a 3 year old boy. Anyway, you're usually told at the end of the test whether you've passed it or not. It's always been like this until... today!  Yeah, not last month or even last week; TODAY! A law has been voted and now they don't have the right to tell us just after the test, they send you a letter in the following 48 hours. Argh! I didn't know that, they told us after the test! Gutted. I so wanted to know! It's driving me mad!!

Then I learnt this afternoon that the Parisian Supernatural convention I was attending in August was cancelled. The association's gone bankrupt. I was soooooo looking forward to this and meeting Misha Collins. It's been planned for more than a year. I feel so sad....  It's already a bad news, but then, we're apparently not getting our money back. I had spent 900 euros for that convention!!! Thinking it would be the only one, that it was now or never. I had managed to find someone to look after my son and all... I'm so devastated...

Then I picked up my son at school. A boy has pushed him at school, he fell face against the tarmac and got a huge wound on the forehead...

Finally, I went back home and found a letter claiming more than 100 euros for an ambulance called last July after my husband's 8th suicide attempt of the year, just a couple of days before the 10th and last one. I don't understand why I have to pay. I've called so many ambulances for my husband and never had to pay anything. And why have they waited for nearly a year to claim this money??

Aww... well... Should have stayed in bed this morning...

Sure, there are much worse things in life, and I truly know what I'm talking about, but I can't help feeling all gutted and sad...

Just like old times...

May 27, 2013 8:48 pm  #590

Oh no - what an awful and troublesome day 

Maybe some tea for you? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 27, 2013 8:49 pm  #591

I'm so sorry to hear this, Punch Me.  I hope you'll find some distraction or peace today. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 27, 2013 8:51 pm  #592

You have every right to feel devastated after a day like this, poor you!
And all the best to your little boy.
*hugs*

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 27, 2013 8:51 pm  #593

Don't know what to say, except: Big hug for you. 
Tomorrow will be a better day.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 27, 2013 8:59 pm  #594

Aww... thank you all, it means a lot  Sherlockians rock!

Yeah, "It's not always going to be this grey. All things must pass, all things must pass away" said George Harrison.

Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed for the theory test. I so hope I've passed it... And it will compensate for today's bad luck.

Thanks again

Just like old times...

May 27, 2013 9:02 pm  #595

Yeah, best wishes for that test! Do you have a good instructor?

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 27, 2013 9:03 pm  #596

You're welcome.
Good that you found the forum, it helps a lot.
Had some very bad days recently and sat in front of the screen crying and laughing the same time while reading the members' posts and looking at the beautiful pictures.

And there is always someone who offers some tea. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 27, 2013 9:07 pm  #597

Big hug for you, Punch Me. What a beastly day. I'm thinking of you and hope tomorrow will be better. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 27, 2013 9:08 pm  #598

@harriet: it wasn't the driving test, just the theory test. I don't know if other countries have this to, but here in France, before you can start learning to drive, you have to pass a theory test: 40 questions about signs, priorities, statistics and all. And it's honestly rather difficult.

@mattlocked: sorry to hear you've had a couple of bad days too lately... And I definitely should pay a visit to Benedict's best pictures topic.

Thanks again!

Just like old times...

May 27, 2013 9:18 pm  #599

I see - in Germany you have to attend classes, usually by the same instructor that does the driving as well.

How are you now?

May 27, 2013 9:59 pm  #600

Alright! I guess it's like that in some French driving schools too, but not mine. You just have to read a book, and train with series of questions on DVDs at the driving school until you feel ready to take the test

And I'm still rather sad. Been feeling in the dumps lately. Keep watching videos and pictures of my husband, I think I've entered another "stage" of the mourn, and I was really looking forward to that Supernatural convention as it would have taken my mind a bit off things and all, and now it's all vanished... (and I won't even start on the 900 euros......)

But well, when something really bad has happened in your life, it helps you to put things in perspective and tell yourself it could be much worse. Most of the people I know from the Supernatural French forum are literally crying. I'm not. But doesn't prevent me from feeling very gutted and sad.

Just like old times...

Board footera