BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2013 7:06 pm  #541

Re: Free Rants

Poor you... This hurts so much!
Well, you could sit back and relax or try typing in a John-like manner...
Get well soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 18, 2013 7:17 pm  #542

yes, it does. thank you very much. just typing with myright hand. bit slow. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 18, 2013 7:19 pm  #543

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 18, 2013 11:34 pm  #544

Poor Susi. Burns are miserable. Do you have blisters?  If so, that's what we call a second degree burn.
I hope by next Monday your hand will be well enough to write an inscription in my "Leo" book for Rosemarie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 19, 2013 5:29 am  #545

How is your hand today? I hope it's better!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 19, 2013 7:18 am  #546

Yes, it's much better. I'm a bit afraid of the shower, though. Hot water's quite painful and I can't hold my hand outside the water all the time. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 19, 2013 7:19 am  #547

KeepersPrice wrote:

Poor Susi. Burns are miserable. Do you have blisters? If so, that's what we call a second degree burn.
I hope by next Monday your hand will be well enough to write an inscription in my "Leo" book for Rosemarie.

Only one blister. The rest is just quite red. But I'll be able to sign the book, no problem. 

March 19, 2013 8:04 am  #548

Put a plastic bag over your hand and an elastic band over it around your wrist.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 23, 2013 4:38 am  #549

Hope your burn is all better, Susi. I keep a tube of silver sulfadiazine just for burns. Stuff works wonders!

My little guy is finally all better. He lost 8 pounds in 5 days. He is gaining it back but only about 1/2 pound a day, but he was well enough to pass his test tonight and earn his orange belt! Yeah for him!

Let's see this is the rant thread, but I can't think of a good rant. Oh wait yes I can. I AM SICK TO DEATH OF ALL THIS WHITE CRAP FALLING FROM THE SKY!!!! I am so ready for spring, - a proper spring - with warm weather and flowers and grass and stuff.

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

March 23, 2013 8:34 am  #550

I'm totally with you, Alice. Even though I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan I'm sick of saying "Winter is coming"! I'm sick of scraping ice from the windshield, I'm sick of wearing my winter boots, I'm sick of freezing during my playground duty.

Last edited by Schmiezi (March 23, 2013 8:34 am)

March 23, 2013 4:13 pm  #551

Thanks, Alice, the burn is much better. Now I'm in London and it's snowing.  -.- I don't want to see it anymore. I want spring. Warm weather. Green trees. But I shouldn't complain. 

March 23, 2013 4:15 pm  #552

SusiGo wrote:

I don't want to see it anymore. I want spring. Warm weather. Green trees. But I shouldn't complain. 

Then go and be somewhere else.
(Hm, who was it that said so, recently?  )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 23, 2013 4:32 pm  #553

Greetings from CUPID  SHERLOCK

'Tis I, 'tis I, 'tis I that have warm'd ye.
In spite of cold weather
I've brought ye together.
'Tis I, 'tis I, 'tis I that have warm'd ye.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 23, 2013 5:11 pm  #554

Mattlocked, are you going all Carolyn with me? 

Heartwarming poem, Harriet. Just the right thing after having been sprayed all over by a bus going through a puddle. 

March 23, 2013 5:13 pm  #555

Look at the bright side: It's warm enough for frozen puddles to melt...

Enjoy your time in London, Susi!

March 23, 2013 8:23 pm  #556

Yesterday, it was cloudy, then mizzly, then snowing, then hailing, then sunny, and then back to cloudy. I pity the forecasters in my area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 28, 2013 9:36 pm  #557

It's the start of the Easter holidays. Two long weeks of not much to do, not seeing my friends, and raiding the shelves for ever-more-boring books at the local library. Yay. And on top of that, I will have to revise things for those dumb exams next term.

The upside? Easter --> chocolate.

Threatened with burning 'cos his stories were tall
Sherlock Holmes had a great fall
All Mycroft's horses and all Lestrade's men
Couldn't put John back together again

Get your salt and get your gun
An IOU apple? C'mon, you must think!
Let us go -- be ready to run
And remember -- above all -- DO NOT BLINK.

Warning: awkward newbie alert! I will be tenatively posting in random topics until I have established some kind of a rough presence. And then I will probabably continue doing so. You have been warned.

My first fanfic Crossover between Sherlock and AF

March 28, 2013 10:10 pm  #558

I think the upside of chocolate reverses the downside of two weeks of nothing to do. I have a wedding this weekend, so I won't be bored.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 28, 2013 10:11 pm  #559

Easter ---> cleaning the whole house...

ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ᴥส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

March 28, 2013 10:57 pm  #560

Personally I would cherish a two week period of time where I had NOTHING to do. Can we trade? Please!!

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Board footera