BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2012 8:02 am  #381

Re: Free Rants

Grrr! I had set up my TV to record a programme on Saturday night that I was going to miss and SOMEONE stopped the recording and has recorded something else instead! I am fuming!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 29, 2012 9:23 am  #382

Argh, that's too bad. No possibility to watch on internet later?
We stopped recording things years ago - because we never managed to watch! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 29, 2012 10:58 am  #383

I can get it on I-player but the connection keeps getting dropped by our useless Internet/broadband so watching anything is a) frustrating and b) takes twice as long as it should do. I was sooo looking forward to watching it in one go with no interruptions and because it is BBC no adverts either. 

Still at least I can watch it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 29, 2012 8:29 pm  #384

Sherlock Holmes - the movie - will be on German tv on sunday, 8.15 p.m.  Prime time.
Everyone here will think again, I mean HIM ("Get Sherlock") 

November 9, 2012 8:45 pm  #385

Lost a dental filling today. Of course after lunch, so that I couldn't reach my dentist anymore.
Have to cope with it until monday now. Hopefully it will not start hurting. 

November 9, 2012 8:55 pm  #386

Try some oil of cloves if needed to keep any pain at bay.

November 9, 2012 8:58 pm  #387

Davina, I actually still have some here - from last time. 

November 9, 2012 9:10 pm  #388

I recently saw a film in which a man went to a "dentist" (it was in the 18th century) and had a tooth extracted with pliers. And then it was the wrong tooth and he had to endure the procedure once again. So let's be glad for modern dentistry. But I hope you'll manage over the weekend. In the worst case you can go to the emergency dentist.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 9, 2012 9:26 pm  #389

I do recall (warning not to read on if you are of a sensitive disposition perhaps) that when I had a wobbly tooth as a child my dad tried to take it out with a pair of pliers! The other solution (which we never do now) was to put a thread around the loose tooth and tie it to a door handle (with the door opening away from you) and then suddenly opening the door to pull the tooth out! I had forgotten all about these until you just put you last post up. I cannot quite believe that this happened! Lol!

November 9, 2012 9:30 pm  #390

Well, I am of a sensitive disposition (esp. right now) so I stopped reading after your warning.

November 9, 2012 9:52 pm  #391

toothy grin!

November 9, 2012 9:57 pm  #392

I remember as a child being horrified that such things took place in some families, never did in mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 11, 2012 12:04 am  #393

I am not a happy camper. I just spent a fortune getting my hair done and I hate it. I voiced my uncertainty at the salon, but in their light it was hard to tell just how bad it really looked. She said she'd be more than willing to fix it next week, if I live with it and don't like it, but it sucks that I have to go back. If it wasn't for my gray hair, I wouldn't be forced to do this crap! And there seems to be no other solution, but this crap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 11, 2012 2:13 am  #394

visiting the dentist was not one of my favorite things to do as a child.   I  do remember my  mom telling me  (shud I say  MUM?)   about the string and the door handle,  and that SHE  did it!!    YUCK!!    I  hope  you  get something for the pain,  matlocked.   I  use anbesol.   (sp)   

I  just had MY  hair colored recently...at  first I didn't like it, cus it was a bit darker than what I wanted,  (they had a manneuin doll head  of the exact color I wanted!)   but now I'm  liking it.   Hareyq I  hope you get yours fixed and that you LOVE  it.   

My  rant--I  had a raoch prob and had to  have my place sprayed.  THIS  time I had to clear out ALL  of my kitchen cupboards and bathroom stuff..   Ok  I  just did not realize  I had so much STUFF.   thank goodness  I  only  have 4 rooms  in my place!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 11, 2012 5:19 am  #395

Mine is actually lighter than I wanted it, but she seemed to feel it was fixable, if I didn't like it so we'll see. I just have to find a cheaper way to deal with my gray.

We used to have roach problems at my old house and I always hated spraying for them. We had to clear out the kitchen cabinets and stuff and then leave the house for hours. And, the chemicals they used always smelled bad, it took days for the smell to go away. It's just a drag. I hope your pest problem is now solved!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 11, 2012 8:21 am  #396

I have to say Americans, that is the one main reason I could never live in America..: roaches. 
Is it cos you were brought up with it, just get used to it or what?
Cos I honestly do not think I could live with them!
I know some Brits are gonna say we have them here too, particularly down South.
But not like in other countries...

Oh on the hair thing.  I don't dye my hair. I am proud and happy to be grey.

Last edited by besleybean (November 11, 2012 6:56 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 11, 2012 6:53 pm  #397

The roach problem isn't everywhere bb, but it can be annoying when you have to deal with it. I absolutely hated having them in my old house, but in the inner city, it can be a problem that's inescapable. You spray and they travel house to house, when the houses are so close together. We did get rid of them for long periods of time, but sometimes they came back. And, it wasn't like you could leave, so you had little choice but to learn to deal with it. As difficult as it was to sell that house and move out by myself, I was so happy to be living somewhere new and pest free. 

That's so cool that you rock the grey hair. I really admire that, but just can't bring myself to do it.

November 15, 2012 3:26 pm  #398

Urgh, my school lets out at 2:10, but I've been spending the last three days staying after until 6 to work on the school newspaper. I've also skipped classes (with permission) to work on this thing. I swear, if I have to look at a newspaper layout one more time I'm going to shoot it. I've had absolutely no time to do anything else. Also, college applications. That is all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

November 15, 2012 5:28 pm  #399

Only have one school locally that ever finishes around 2 p.m. Most go on until 3.30 p.m. or even 4 p.m. They start at about 8.45 a.m.-9 a.m. though. College applications...argh! That's what my daughter is in the midst of too.

I bet working on the school newspaper seemed like a really good idea at the time...didn't it! 

November 15, 2012 5:32 pm  #400

I used to love working on our school mag, but perhaps it was very basic!

Board footera