BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2012 12:54 pm  #21

Re: Free Rants

I hated that movie! What women want is to be taken seriously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 26, 2012 3:17 pm  #22

I don't know that movie but I'm feeling with you..
It's actually quite nice to have a movie you can just rant about... it's terrible when you watch a horrible movie but everyone else seems to enjoy it and when you say "That's crap" they just think you're being a dick :/

June 27, 2012 12:36 am  #23

Oh, FIDDLESTICKS!!  I  sent an email to a certain hotel,  2 days ago,  and i  STILL haven't heard from them!!  I  mean,  why do they HAVE an email addy,  if no one there  replies to it?   Yes,  it's an email where you can send questions.   and I'm deafer than a doorknob when it comes to phones  and I sometimes don't like using the deaf relay service because some business I call  hang up on me,  cos they think it's a telemarketer.    and  I  want my  answer NOW  before  my vacation to said hotel!!   Ok  rant over.  gee I like this thread.   (but  the TTY  phone thing   is VERY  helpful when I DO use it, don't get me wrong there)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 27, 2012 12:39 am  #24

Molly Hooper wrote:

Hee hee, my kitty is afraid of vacuum cleaners too. Really terrified; so much so that his fear has extended to electric toothbrushes!!

funny!!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 27, 2012 12:48 am  #25

hepzibah wrote:

Amen sister!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 27, 2012 1:27 am  #26

hepzibah wrote:

It was a comedy on the stupidity of men to stereotype women in the way that they were in the movie.
If anything, it was derogatory to men.
In this day  & age if women still feel they aren't being taken seriously or treated equally, that is their problem.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 27, 2012 2:06 am  #27

kazza474 wrote:

hepzibah wrote:

It was a comedy on the stupidity of men to stereotype women in the way that they were in the movie.
In this day  & age if women still feel they aren't being taken seriously or treated equally, that is their problem.

Stirrin' it up again, kazza, eh? 

June 27, 2012 2:08 am  #28

veecee wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

hepzibah wrote:

Stirrin' it up again, kazza, eh? 

Er, no. That IS what the premise of the film was.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 27, 2012 5:49 am  #29

I thought that movie was about a guy who had an accident,  and then begins to have the ability to know what women are really thinking?  well,  I for one  would not like that one bit.  So,  I never did see that movie.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 27, 2012 12:38 pm  #30

That might have been the premise but unfortunately his 'getting the girl' at the end, which of course makes everything that goes before...well...fine really...made it hard to detect the irony that may have been intended. Why they fell into each others arms at the end, without everything really coming home to roost and her telling him to f...off I will never know. Obviously, I must have missed something; apart from my daughter's outrage (maybe that was the point? Oh I don't know. Which must in itself tell us something about how well the film worked).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2012 12:51 pm  #31

Oh it was in no way a raging success destined to go down in history, but it was good for a giggle.

Geez ladies, you're getting agro at the wrong things. Anything that shows how men, even when given a cheat sheet, can still screw it up is fine by me. lol

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 27, 2012 5:53 pm  #32

Here's my rant for today: I don't have enough time to spend on the forum and watching Sherlock. And, I might be working more hours soon, which means less time. Where are people's priorities?

June 27, 2012 8:52 pm  #33

veecee wrote:

Here's my rant for today: I don't have enough time to spend on the forum and watching Sherlock. And, I might be working more hours soon, which means less time. Where are people's priorities?

My priorities flew out the window when I got hooked on our BBC Sherlock.   I  don't think they'll ever come back.

OK  here's MY rant for toeday--  I  just bought 2  dr who/startrek TNG crossover comic books--and I guess I just wasted my money.   But,  NOW  I'll have to get the concluding comics,  and I don't know when they'll come out.   Oh,  and I found out yesterday--  that these BBC  sherlocks won't be put into book form  or comic books,  just like they've done for Dr Who.  Double  boo-boo!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 27, 2012 11:24 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 28, 2012 8:41 pm  #34

Yeah, they don't make BBC Sherlock books because they want the audience to read the canon, which is a good thing, I think.
BUT they sell the canon with pictures of Martin and Benedict on the cover - because sex sells.

My rant:
Crumpets! I think I've caught a cold. Seriously, how did I manage THAT? I don't want to get sick. :/

June 28, 2012 8:44 pm  #35

Oh, poor you, Sammy!
Please don't get sick!
But, if you do you'll get to stay at home and come on this forum ALL DAY!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 28, 2012 9:48 pm  #36

Get some rest and fluids Sammy!

June 28, 2012 9:50 pm  #37

And Quavers!
They're VERY good for colds!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 28, 2012 9:53 pm  #38

Molly Hooper wrote:

And Quavers!
They're VERY good for colds!

The Quavers would heal her in no time if Sherlock brought them to her from the vending machine,

June 29, 2012 10:51 am  #39

Aaaaand I'm sick. :/
And what am I doing? I'm staying at home spending my time on this forum, haha. :D

If only...    I remember Watson saying that Sherlock Holmes is a very good nurse in The Three Garridebs :D. (Well, paraphrased.)

June 29, 2012 5:13 pm  #40

get well soon  Sammy!!   don't let it get hot in your flat,  drink plenty of 7 up,  eat lots of crackers and quavers and  get Mrs Hudson to fix you some chicken soup.

My rant for today--  I'm doing what I can,  to lose weight--  taking 2 walks around my block per day,  drinking lots of water,  not eating too much,  getting my apple aday...but nothing's helping!!   and my ears are hurting because I think I'm having a reaction to the new earmolds I've got now!!   Oh,  WHY  does this stuff happen?  I'm  going on vacay  next month!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera