BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 3, 2012 6:45 pm  #221

Re: Free Rants

Beer won't help unless you dive down in it.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 3, 2012 6:46 pm  #222

But it tastes good. And it's a shandy; very fitting for Labor Day.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 3, 2012 6:48 pm  #223

*Shandy in the US is beer mixed with lemonade. I know the term is used differently elsewhere but I can't remember where and what it means.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 3, 2012 6:50 pm  #224

Alsterwasser in the north of Germany, Radler in the south. 

September 3, 2012 6:56 pm  #225

If he's going to turn the music up that loud, at least he could have the decency to listen to something that isn't rubbish.

September 3, 2012 6:58 pm  #226

*sighs*  yes, that seems to be the same everywhere. They never listen to good loud music.

September 3, 2012 8:22 pm  #227

Maybe take up wine drinking. At least you could put the corks in your ears afterwards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 3, 2012 8:28 pm  #228

LOL

September 4, 2012 4:15 am  #229

Davina wrote:

Maybe take up wine drinking. At least you could put the corks in your ears afterwards.

Oooh, I drink wine. In fact, I prefer it. But I'm trying to watch what I consume a little more closely, so no wine in the house. Just beer leftover from a concert roadtrip.

Last edited by Banbha (September 4, 2012 4:15 am)

September 4, 2012 5:43 am  #230

Are we allowed to talk about alcohol here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 4, 2012 6:15 am  #231

Idk. If not then I apologize.

September 4, 2012 7:23 am  #232

Time for a new rant:
We are three people in my office. One is on holiday, the other one just went sick. I still feel like I'm getting a cold. I'm tired and weak and my throat and back are aching.
Now imagine my week.  I really look forward to it. 

September 4, 2012 7:32 am  #233

Oh dear. You've got the lurgy (new word). I seem to have got over mine without it really DOING anything, except having a headache for 3 days and a bit of an earache. Please get better soon. Offices are full of germs! Wear a facemask.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 4, 2012 7:32 am  #234

I'm so sorry, Mattlocked. But if you get really sick they must somehow do without you. Health is more important and we need you here. Try Metavirulent or the beer-bathtub thing I wrote about. Not in the office, of course. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 4, 2012 7:41 am  #235

Thank you Susi. I think I am just stupid. Every time I feel sick I go on working... until I am the last who's left. And then I don't dare to stay home, too. 
We gona have a meeting at 10, I wonder what they decide about everything this week...

September 4, 2012 7:48 am  #236

Take some Ibuprofen and get on with it. A glass of very warm water will ease your throat troubles.
Laying around idle will do no good; keep active & keep your brain cells on the job at hand.
Your body knows it can continue & that it will be best if you do, so listen to your body. A few aches & pains never killed anyone who was otherwise healthy.
Work your way through this & it will make you stronger.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 4, 2012 10:46 am  #237

I agree with you in general. And I feel a bit better now as the worst time is mostly in the evenings and early morning.
BUT if you feel week and have to do the work of three people it's a perfect combination.
And sometimes it's better to stay at home for 2 days than wait to long and then you need 1 week to recover.

But I'll manage this - and will be stronger! (Or dead.) 

September 4, 2012 11:26 am  #238

Mattlocked wrote:

I agree with you in general. And I feel a bit better now as the worst time is mostly in the evenings and early morning.
BUT if you feel week and have to do the work of three people it's a perfect combination.
And sometimes it's better to stay at home for 2 days than wait to long and then you need 1 week to recover.

But I'll manage this - and will be stronger! (Or dead.) 

I generally don't stay home because I only have 7 sick days per year and don't want to waste them. But I also have to think about the fact that I work with people whose health is already compromised. And sometimes you just have to take care of yourself, take time to recover, so that you can be at your best.

Feel better soon!

September 4, 2012 4:22 pm  #239

banbha  it's ok  you can talk abt anything here.  alcohol is just not my cup of tea,  and since we have younger than age 18  members  here,  I was concerned.   get better soon,  mattlocked,  and rest!!   same goes for everyone else who is sick.   

Why does my cat always paww at me?  I feed her,  love her,  etc...   She needs her paws trimmed--  they are sharp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 13, 2012 8:21 am  #240

So...I'm sitting here passing the time with you lot and waiting. 'For what are you waiting?' I hear you ask. Alright I will tell you then. I am waiting for an e.mail to tell me what my one hour slot is for a delivery today. I must be in to sign for the item and they will let me know on the morning of the delivery what my one hour slot will be. (Following me?). Anyhow it is now nearly 9.20 a.m. And still no e.mail. So I am still sitting here unable to go out and do things I need to do. Grrrrr! 

Board footera