BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 26, 2016 1:44 pm  #2201

Re: Free Rants

Sorry to hear about the bad day you're having, nakahara. Hopefully it will get better, or at least not get worse.

Clueing for looks.

September 26, 2016 8:05 pm  #2202

Thank you, Yitzock. It did get better eventually, but I´m still dog-tired. Today, I printed 87 documents I wrote last week. Recently, I´m drowned in an insane amount of work... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 26, 2016 10:30 pm  #2203

I hope you sleep well tonight! It sounds like you deserve it.

Clueing for looks.

September 27, 2016 8:25 am  #2204

Thank you, Yitzock. It got better at last, thankfully.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 28, 2016 8:22 pm  #2205

I'm losing my mind... I've not really slept much for the last weeks now... 

My therapist spent some time yesterday trying to talk me into taking sleep aids... but I'm scared. But I'm starting to think I might have to bite the bullet on that one. I feel stupid too. I've been trying to talk my boyfriend into the very same for a while...and here I am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 28, 2016 8:30 pm  #2206

You feel stupid because you're TIRED.
As you've said, you might have to take these sleeping aids if nothing can bring you to sleep. It might sound silly but meditation (or just breathing techniques, really) help me. Not fall asleep, not just yet, but to feel calm enough and ready to sleep. You could try it, it doesn't hurt -assuming you haven't already.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

September 28, 2016 8:32 pm  #2207

And certainly don't be on a phone or computer in bed!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 28, 2016 8:33 pm  #2208

Thank you Lily!

I've tried a lot of things... even sleeping with a teddy to calm me... I have a lot of thoughts in my head that keep me up, and when I fall asleep I wake from nightmares after a few hours... so I guess it's time for meds. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 28, 2016 8:47 pm  #2209

@besleybean obviously.
phantom, I'm sure you can still find ways around it. Have a look at fragrances that calm you down. Now I know that silencing the running thoughts in one's head can be...challenging...that's why I think trying to concentrate on something -your breathing, the flame of a candle, your heartbeat, the sounds in the silence...- can bring you to stop focussing on these thoughts. Of course it won't be effective right away but I think that little by little it will come to work well enough.
Now turn off your phone and computer, (and basically every bit of electricity in your flat, just keep a flashlight in case you need some light) close the blinds, and go to bed.
And think of Ben (no, I meant Hamlet) as he wanted to sleep, perchance to dream..

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

September 28, 2016 8:51 pm  #2210

I think of nicer things than that!
Tee Hee. 
And incidentally, dunno why I'm giving any advice at all:  seeing as I have a first class honours degree in insomnia!
But possibly that makes me an expert.
I know I sleep better when I haven't eaten so much...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 28, 2016 8:59 pm  #2211

But then again digesting makes me sleepy. I suppose it all depends on the person.

...and on that note, I'm going to light a few candles, calm down (after acting class I always feel so wired...!) and get to sleep.
Good night all!

September 28, 2016 9:09 pm  #2212

Good night Lily!

I can't sleep in silence.. I've slept with the TV on for most of my life... 

I'll log off too I think, and see if I can get some sleep at least before waking from another stupid nightmare... recent events and therapy has really brought some stuff back to the surface. I might contact the clinic in the morning about sleeping pills... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 28, 2016 9:20 pm  #2213

Nighty night, you two!

Clueing for looks.

September 29, 2016 5:31 am  #2214

Good morning.
Well I'm only surprised I slept as well as I did(for me) last night...considering we had our Macmillan coffee morning at school and I was stuffed with sugar!
But I did go for a bit of a walk.
Mind you, my bed is wrecked!
We are getting a new one soon, but I think hubby may have to nail the slats into place something...my side of the mattress was buckled.
Either that or it will be mattress on the floor, until we buy the new bed!

Last edited by besleybean (September 29, 2016 5:32 am)

September 29, 2016 3:54 pm  #2215

Not by others standards, but for me, not bad...so thank you.

September 30, 2016 4:59 pm  #2216

Hello friends.
I haven't been around for a couple of weeks because I had really busy and quite rough times...
My little daughter had an accident at school and has a frakture of the clavicula. The worst is behind us, the pain is not that bad anymore and slowly but surely she can start to use her right hand again (which is kind of essential for a right-handed girl...). Luckily this doesn't require an operation but rucksack bandages for 3-4 weeks. And she needs a lot of help with the everyday stuff, and that doesn't really help her anyway hot temper ... (ask gently about it...) On top of it her class teacher asks me repeatedly when she will be able to fully participate again. I explained to her more than once that she will use her hand again as soon as it is possible without tremendous pain. And I told her I will work with her in the upcoming holidays, she's a clever little girl.
And hubby was on a business trip for a week, so on top I was alone with it all. After four days she developed an allergic skin reaction under the arm. In the hospital they gave her much softer and lighter rucksack bandages and happily I was able to wash her hair for the first time after the accident. And when I had managed that and was already dreaming away of sending all the three into their rooms and closing the day for myself with a glass of wine and a bit of telly and I dried the little one's hair what did I find?? LICE.... I checked my other two children and my oldest daughter was full of them as well..... She started yelling at me that she had told me she was itching since summer (what a pediatrician Iam, lol) and she can absolutely not miss school for one single day and she has her exams and they count for her A-levels and.....(she has her nervous breakdowns on a daily basis at the moment and the A-levels will take place in one year!). So that was another three hours of hair treatment, freezing the most important cuddlies, changing the beds etc...
And work is quite busy as well at the moment. The season of infectious deseases is about to start. Sooooo, I'm not much online these days. Though I often just have a quick check for news. And I'm looking forward to writing the secret santa fic.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 30, 2016 5:01 pm  #2217

Sorry you've had such a rough time, dear.
All the best.

September 30, 2016 5:05 pm  #2218

Thanks, besley. It gets a little better each day.
Aw, thanks, Lautrela
And may I mention: I hate lice....

Last edited by mrshouse (September 30, 2016 5:06 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 30, 2016 5:06 pm  #2219

Good to hear.

September 30, 2016 5:30 pm  #2220

I'm sorry for all of this, mrshouse, Ugh. That sounds so rough for all of you! 

I hope it all gets better soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera