BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 6, 2016 8:41 pm  #2081

Re: Free Rants

Totally not my day. I booked sth and messed up a detail and now I probably have to pay money (quite a bit) to change it. I feel like hitting my head against the wall for an hour or so. Or better, days. Feeling so stupid. Stupid stupid stupid -.- For nothing!
 I don't know how to not be upset, because it's absolutely my fault and I'm very bad at forgiving myself and say "shit happens". Please tell me you also already made stupid, unnecessary mistakes that cost you money. Because right now, I feel no one could be as stupid. I'd win a prize if there was a competition

Last edited by Whisky (March 6, 2016 8:46 pm)

"It is what it is."

March 6, 2016 8:50 pm  #2082

If it make you feel better...I do it all the time.
I could honestly give you a list.
But to cut to the chase: my latest one is with this lovely new laptop which my fab hubby bought me for Christmas.
Last weekend I managed to spill milk all over it and I appear to have a stain inside the screen...
Today I think I got a finger nail stuck under the mouse pad: so it isn't working.
This may mean me at some point having to spend money to repair a what...hardly 3 months old laptop!
On the plus side: means I've had to drag out my Benedict mouse mat!
Anyhow, hope you get your ticket sorted and the event is worth it.

Last edited by besleybean (March 6, 2016 8:51 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 6, 2016 8:58 pm  #2083

It actually makes me feel better - does that make me a bad person ;-)
No, really, I also did this already as well. In my case I brought my sewing machine away to be repaired, took it home afterwards, and dropped it... breaking the light again. I just use it now that way because I can't be arsed to pay the repair again.
Laptops are quite expensive little toys... I feel with you. There is just too much that can break...
Ouch, life, it's mean sometimes *sniffs*

Thank you! :-)
and Benedict mouse mat sounds at least like a small little comfort... Benedict is always comforting, in any shape

Last edited by Whisky (March 6, 2016 9:04 pm)

"It is what it is."

March 26, 2016 2:37 am  #2084

Airlines that charge $932 for one person to fly from Canberra to Wellington.

My father in law died yesterday and my husband is going over for the funeral, but the kids and I have to stay home because it's too expensive for us all to go 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 26, 2016 2:39 am  #2085

G...That's disgusting...
I'm so sorry.
*hug*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 26, 2016 2:56 am  #2086

I'm so sorry to hear that ukaunz. Sorry for your loss *hugs* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 26, 2016 3:20 am  #2087

Thanks guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 26, 2016 7:52 am  #2088

I'm very sorry, too - all the best for you and your family!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 26, 2016 11:34 am  #2089

I am sorry for you and your family. :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 26, 2016 1:02 pm  #2090

Sorry to hear that you can't all be together for that. Hopefully you will still be able to give moral support over the phone or something.

Clueing for looks.

March 26, 2016 2:31 pm  #2091

(((((hugs))))))

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 26, 2016 9:24 pm  #2092

Thank you.

Hopefully we'll be able to Skype with the NZ family sometime this week. I just don't know what to say at times like this 

March 26, 2016 9:55 pm  #2093

*sending you a HUG*

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 27, 2016 12:07 pm  #2094

Very sad for your loss, ukaunz. My condolences to you and your family.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 20, 2016 5:03 pm  #2095

The lack of care for handicapped people I've been met with today is atrocious. 

Sunday taking the train home from my friend's Doctor Who marathon I was met with two elevators that were out of order... 

The thing is... I have an invisible handicap (untreated scoliosis) which makes stairs an enemy of mine... it hurts so much, and it's not just while I fight my way up or down them... but it adds to my chronic pain for the day, and even next day sometimes... plus my balance is so damaged that I am terrified I'll fall. 

Today I took a shortcut on my way home from the store, taking me through the station... I was stupid enough to think they had fixed the elevator... of course they hadn't, and there wasn't even a note on it saying it was out of order... so I take no one were going to fix it either. 
I was about to cry going down the stairs... it hurt so much, and I was carrying heavy groceries too... 

I went to the kiosk, I needed a few things, and I made the girl working there aware of the elevator not having worked since Sunday. I added that it was very bad for handicapped people (I mean how the hell would you make it from the train to the ground floor in a wheel chair???) She looked very unimpressed and told me to chase some man in an orange shirt. Had that been me I would have taken a note or something. But nope... 

At that point I was limping from my back and hip cramping. So no way I was chasing anyone. 

But I did go home to write a complaint to both the train company and the kiosk as well, for lack of costumer care. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 20, 2016 5:36 pm  #2096

That really sucks. I'm surprised you got dismissed by the person at the kiosk. I thought it was those people's job to help. I hope your complaints are heard and they fix the elevators.

Clueing for looks.

April 21, 2016 12:36 pm  #2097

I just got a reply from my complaint and now I feel a bit bad... they took a serious talk with the girl apparently. I didn't want her to get in trouble... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 21, 2016 12:55 pm  #2098

I don't think you should feel bad. A serious talk doesn't mean she will lose her job, just that she'll learn what she may have done wrong so she doesn't make a mistake again. Your concerns were valid.

Clueing for looks.

April 21, 2016 1:10 pm  #2099

I agree with Yitzock, you shouldn't feel bad at all, you had every right to voice your opinion!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 21, 2016 1:18 pm  #2100

On a more positive note, the man also contacted maintenance and they are fixing the elevator asap! 

I'm just a softie... I write complaints a lot, but usually not about an employee... it's usually about a product. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera