BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2013 9:38 pm  #61

Re: How will we avoid spoilers on the forum about Season 3?

You're the boss, Boss! ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 19, 2013 9:42 pm  #62

besleybean wrote:

Roger, Wilko!

Wilko??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 19, 2013 9:42 pm  #63

Isn't that the expression?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 19, 2013 9:56 pm  #64

Fine with me, Boss. 

So this would be 3 February which would be one day after S3E3 has aired in the States? 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 19, 2013 10:00 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 19, 2013 10:00 pm  #65

I'm absolutely fine with that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 19, 2013 10:58 pm  #66

Our leader has spoken and we shall obey.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 20, 2013 12:06 am  #67

besleybean wrote:

Isn't that the expression?!

Yes, that is the expression. I believe it's shorthand for "Will comply" and Roger, of course, means "Yes I hear you"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 20, 2013 6:29 am  #68

I'm so militaristic! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 20, 2013 7:10 am  #69

Fine with me, Boss!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 20, 2013 10:16 am  #70

I suspect that we would need to joint a convent and lock us up far away from society to avoid spoilers. No newspapers, no twitter, no tumblr, no Sherlock fanforum, not looking at Sherlock's website or John's blog. Won't work.
John will probably post new cases and Sherlock will be himself. The hidden message 3 must be revealed. Team Sherlock will have to make the same decision about a perfect time to "come out".

December 20, 2013 12:52 pm  #71

agree with that. but anyway, until I see all the new episodes I won´t probably open this forum at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

December 20, 2013 1:03 pm  #72

Same for me, Mrs W, I hope I will be able to do it early.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 20, 2013 2:11 pm  #73

As long as it is okay with all the German members, it's fine by me, I can just all too well recall having to cut a large part of my on-line social life last time to avoid spoilers.
(And can I here insert a rant about the %"¤#&" on tumblr who are posting untagged spoiler pictures. I know none of you guys do it, I just need to go aaarg for a bit.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 21, 2013 4:31 am  #74

Sounds fine to me Boss. Wilko, over and out! I'm out of the dratted country on the 1st! So I am having to set record to watch when I get back on the 5th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 21, 2013 7:25 am  #75

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

OK, these are the rules!!

1. Discussion of Series 3 episodes in their respective episode threads.
2. Series 3 signatures and pictures are acceptable, AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT SPOILERS! ie. just a pic of Sherlock looking thoughtful or John on his laptop would not be considered a spoiler, just as long as they don't give away major plot points.
3. After the UK DVD release, we will wait one week, then post freely in any section.

Let's see if we can actually keep this up......

These rules, as I said, are fine with me.

But what about those who will enter (flood) this forum after the first episode will have aired? How will THEY learn about our rules? And if they knew about them – could they be expected live by them?

And, as I learned today, at least 50 percent of our moderator team will be absent at this time –
poor Susi can't be reasonably expected to take care of everything. (I mean, she's got a life after all!)

I'm quite pessimistic about these rules to be respected the way we want them to be respected.
That means many of our valued, long-serving members would be forced to stay away even from the threads that could be considered "safe" – if not from the whole forum for at least a month.

Any ideas what we could do?
Close our eyes and hope for the best?
As for  me, I'd say that's the only realistic way to cope with.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 21, 2013 8:22 am  #76

Unless there is a facility to set up an automatic message warning for any new members at that point? Saying: just joined post S3 airing?  Only post in releveant threads...e.g.

December 21, 2013 8:54 am  #77

I'll be around while I'm away (does that even make sense?) as I have Internet connection. I can immediately see if something pops up in the wrong thread spoiler wise. I don't want spoilers myself (I have done a grand job avoiding them so far...phew!).

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 21, 2013 9:08 am  #78

There should be an option for the admin to send new members automatically a welcome mail 

Last edited by Harriet (December 21, 2013 9:10 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 21, 2013 9:10 am  #79

My thoughts entirely.

December 21, 2013 12:14 pm  #80

Harriet wrote:

There should be an option for the admin to send new members automatically a welcome mail

That might not be necessary. Perhaps the admin could write the rules she wants to establish above the webpage where the new member has to log in and tell their email address. You know the trick when you see a popup with general business terms.
Kind of general Sherlockian terms of being on this fanforum. No need to make it too complicated. Just Hi, if you join here please be respectful and stay in the right thread and don't spoil. Just quote Irene: It's a pleasure. Don't spoil it.

But to be honest I doubt that it will work. People don't think twice and even Sherlockians make mistakes.

Board footera