BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2013 2:38 pm  #41

Re: How will we avoid spoilers on the forum about Season 3?

push, bump, whatever

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 19, 2013 2:55 pm  #42

That's what I posted in the Benedict-pic-thread just a moment ago:

I'm sure we could agree on posting new pics only in the threads related to the episodes until everyone has seen them. It might be a bit complicated, but apart from that I also think that all the discussions related to Series 3 could possibly be restricted to the three episode threads.
What do the moderators think about this? Otherwise the whole forum would be a mine field for everyone who hasn't seen the episodes.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 19, 2013 3:05 pm  #43

I agree with you, Solar. Thanks for being so considerate and helpful. As a mod I cannot be everywhere. 
As for the time limit - I suppose we should not wait until the lazy Germans get their version sometime in May or whenever. But to wait at least until the 3rd episode has been shown in the UK is reasonable. Or shall we wait for our American friends? As long as everyone accepts the rules I am fine with both alternatives. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 19, 2013 3:10 pm  #44

Speaking as someone who the last time had to wait about four months until I could see the series 2, I vote for waiting until Germany have shown them, if they are the slowest. Not everyone can watch TV online, so not everyone witll have a chance to watch them there.

(I'm a bit luckier this time around. Danish national television shows the episodes on January 5, 12 & 19 respectively. So I won't have to take too long a hiatus this time.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 19, 2013 3:19 pm  #45

Ormond,
as much as I appreciate that, we in Germany don't even know when it will air. They said the second quarter of the year. Can be theoretically at the 30.6.14.
And we can buy the DVD earlier, of course.

December 19, 2013 3:25 pm  #46

I agree, we should definitely not wait for the episodes to air in Germany. Nightmare.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 19, 2013 4:19 pm  #47

well, let me inform you that Germany isn´t the slowest country at all  I think the only chance for us "no spoilers wanters" is to, unfortunately, avoid this forum (or at least some threads) until we won´t see the new episodes, whenever it will be....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

December 19, 2013 5:54 pm  #48

I think we should wait until the DVD is available - everyone can order the DVD quickly. But that doesn't mean that everyone has to run off and spam the whole forum with spoilers from the new series as soon as they've got the DVD. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

December 19, 2013 6:03 pm  #49

I see your point, Mary, but we cannot go on keeping things secret forever after UK and the US have had the new episodes. I would love to visit the forum once again without thinking beforehand what I am going to post and where and if it might be deemed a spoiler. IMO the moment the DVD has been released anyone should be allowed to post freely. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 19, 2013 7:41 pm  #50

yes, and think about those who will wait for the DVD with any subtitles...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

December 19, 2013 7:52 pm  #51

Well, the problem is not just limited to our forum, I guess. For those who will (have to) wait to see the new episodes for several months, the whole internet is a bit of a danger zone while they are waiting. I guess we just have to draw the line somewhere or better: at some point in time. And I guess the release of the DVD in the UK would be a pretty good date...?

December 19, 2013 8:03 pm  #52

imo any date we will agree on will be a kind of arbitrary point in time. Just imagine the headlines of the ubiquituos print media once the first episode has aired in the UK - not just the internet. We would have to close our ears and eyes when leaving the house. Not too healthy...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 19, 2013 8:06 pm  #53

I do that all the time! And open them again as soon as I'm back home.

Seriously, I agree that there is no perfect date. As soon as it was aired in the UK you have to avoid the internet. If you want to. I think this is true.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 19, 2013 8:35 pm  #54

Just a question, why not discuss the episodes in their respective threads and try to keep them away from the rest of the board as long as wanted? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 19, 2013 8:37 pm  #55

that would be lovely* but I´m afraid not everyone could avoid posting pictures or something like that..

December 19, 2013 8:43 pm  #56

Right. Just think of the fav. Ben pics. And the signatures.......

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 19, 2013 8:48 pm  #57

Mattlocked wrote:

Right. Just think of the fav. Ben pics. And the signatures.......

...and the hangman, the details game, the alphabet game, the quote picture thread, the interviews/press articles...we have so many overriding threads. It'll be quite impossible to discuss series 3 matters just in their respective threads. Just my opinion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 19, 2013 8:58 pm  #58

OK, these are the rules!!

1. Discussion of Series 3 episodes in their respective episode threads.
2. Series 3 signatures and pictures are acceptable, AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT SPOILERS! ie. just a pic of Sherlock looking thoughtful or John on his laptop would not be considered a spoiler, just as long as they don't give away major plot points.
3. After the UK DVD release, we will wait one week, then post freely in any section.

Let's see if we can actually keep this up......

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 19, 2013 9:00 pm  #59

That sounds like a good plan, Boss!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 19, 2013 9:07 pm  #60

Roger, Wilko!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera