BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2012 7:47 pm  #21

Re: How will we avoid spoilers on the forum about Season 3?

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

Psh, I'm not waiting either. I tried it as my punishment for joining the fandom late and cracked a week before Scandal aired.

Of course, I had to watch Reichenbach early too. I had final exams on May 21st, what was I supposed to do? Watch Reichenbach for the first time and take an exam the very next day? That said, my English exam was still mysteriously full of half-baked Reichenbach theories and Sherlock references...

@SP Finding it is not hard at all. Just Google what you think you'd Google.

Thanks SLA, I shall

Last edited by Sentimental Pulse (June 22, 2012 8:20 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 22, 2012 8:03 pm  #22

Still, watching it on a little computer screen is not the same. We enjoywatching it together on TV as sort of a mini-event.

June 22, 2012 8:22 pm  #23

veecee wrote:

Still, watching it on a little computer screen is not the same. We enjoywatching it together on TV as sort of a mini-event.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all watch it together in a theatre?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 22, 2012 8:41 pm  #24

I think the spoiler danger is avoidable making a section for series 3. No need to put big spoiler warnings, if someone enters the section of series 3 before watching it... well, I think Sherlock himself would have some funny names to call them

Anyway, in most forums there is a spoiler tag that hides the text, so if you want to see it you click and see it, if you don't want to see it you don't need to. Is it possible to get something like that?

Edit: Oh, and I won't wait either. Series 1 was first aired in Spain in January 2012. You can imagine...

Last edited by Irene Adler (June 22, 2012 8:43 pm)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 22, 2012 9:01 pm  #25

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

veecee wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if we could all watch it together in a theatre?

Imagine the sighing, the squealing, the hand-holding, the hugging, the tears... It would be great.

June 22, 2012 10:59 pm  #26

yeah  watching it on my comp screen is no fun,  especially without captions.  why cant all the uploaders realize there are deaf ppl,  and just upload  with the captions showing?   BUT---I've found a way around that.   I've got a subtitle site--  two  of them,  that  write the subs for me  when the uncut episode airs first in the UK.   Nope,  I'm  not waiting.   

Now,  about those tags--  I'll have to wait and see.   The only  think I know for sure,  is that  you CAN  hide a forum,  but ONLY  for lurkers.  If you sign in,  then you can see it.   So, ,  you really  SHOULD  put the word SPOILERS  in the title.   that way,  I  won't be tempted to go into a thread  which  will have the aired episode which I haven't seen.   I  hope you can work it out.   And we've got series three  theories  and stuff already  up--  what will you be doing with those threads?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 22, 2012 11:10 pm  #27

Sherlock Holmes, Davina, and Kazza474 - Does this mean you have to read every single post to be sure there isn't an inadvertant spoiler in it? It would be so easy for someone to mention something by accident.

Also, how can we guard against people using avatars that might give away something from Season 3 - video clip or something. I hate to think of censoring people that way, but I don't want to accidently see something.

Aaargh! When is it due out in the UK? Maybe I can save my pennies and come over then.

June 23, 2012 11:49 am  #28

I read all the posts anyway...sad...but true! There will be a whole separate  topic area for series 3. Everything pertaining to the series will be in that section. If you go into it you will risk spoilers but this will be flagged up as well.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 23, 2012 12:38 pm  #29

veecee wrote:

Sherlock Holmes, Davina, and Kazza474 - Does this mean you have to read every single post to be sure there isn't an inadvertant spoiler in it? It would be so easy for someone to mention something by accident.

Also, how can we guard against people using avatars that might give away something from Season 3 - video clip or something. I hate to think of censoring people that way, but I don't want to accidently see something.

Aaargh! When is it due out in the UK? Maybe I can save my pennies and come over then.

Nope.
Firstly I was actually joking when I posted my reply about passwords etc. I'm not here to hold anyone's hand. Users need to take that responsibility themselves.
If anyone really does not want to know about the next series, it is up to them to decide where they should look. It is always good manners in forums to post a spoiler warning to threads that contain them & we hope people will have the good manners & common sense to do so.

It is a risk that will have to be weighed up by each individual when the time comes. Staff will no doubt do what they can, but in the end it is up to the user. Forums are always presented in an 'as is' basis. Meaning there are no guarantees on content & try as we may, something can slip past.

We will do everything we can to ensure everyone enjoys the discovery of new episodes of Sherlock, but please do not hold us responsible for any mishaps. We cannot guarantee to be here 24/7.

Remember, you can go anywhere online & click a link to something you don't want to see. Many are now in the habit of clicking on any links about Sherlock, it will be a testing time for some of you no doubt.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 24, 2012 10:28 pm  #30

Don't worry too much yet guys...there's still quite a long wait, lol.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 24, 2012 10:48 pm  #31

I think we should adopt a policy that if you post a Season 3 spoiler comment in a non Section 3 Spoiler Section post you should be assigned an orange pip. Accumulation of five pips buys you a year of wearing the explosive straight jacket and posting through a Moriarty voice activated computer.

June 24, 2012 10:58 pm  #32

Excellent, SP!

September 3, 2012 9:26 pm  #33

Oh god no, of course I won't wait. 

Hm, yes, to be fair to the ones who will wait I think it's indeed easiest to just post alle the Series 3 stuff in the series 3 section (and naturally you shouldn't look there if you don't want any spoilers) and if there is a thread in another section which contains spoilers it will just say "spoiler" in the title.
But I think this doesn't have to be too strict. Posting some pictures from the new season or using them as avatar - I don't see a problem there. As kazza pointed out you will probably learn a lot more already about the new season on other websites and a picture can't give away that much, too. Well, maybe if it would be something like Sherlock lying on the pavement in a pool of blood...

Wow, Smoggy, did you also have to write an English exam the day after you watched Reichenbach?! That's what happened to me. BIG mistake, I couldn't concentrate a bit because I still was so emotionally upset and my thoughts always returned to Sherlock and... it was a bit of a mess.    (I didn't turn out too bad, though, haha.)

September 5, 2012 2:43 pm  #34

I didn't have to wait for the second season of Downton Abbey, I don't think I'll be waiting for season 3 of Sherlock (or Downton Abbey, for that matter). There are ways...

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 5, 2012 3:53 pm  #35

I will probably wait because for a first view I guess I'll depend on synchronisation.
Otherwise I'd probably miss too much and I don't want to spoil my first view feeling upset about it.

I really appreciate your attempts to respectfully take care of the issue here in the forum
and am curious for technical actions actually taken then.
If they won't work for me, I'll probably stay away for a while - that's fine, all fine.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 5, 2012 10:02 pm  #36

well  i  didn't wait for the 3rd or 4th season of Merlin,  but it was a JOY  to finally watch it on TV  with the captions.   So  i  won't wait for Sherlock either.  There is a way  you can see it live streaming,  but I've forgotten how....Not teasing, either.   

You lot have a choice. Go into the series three part section,  or not.  (Mods, boss,  When are you gonna put ALL the series three threads we have now,  into one section?)    Do the right thing,  when posting elsewhere.   That's all I'll say.  Temptation is hard, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 6, 2012 12:16 am  #37

I can't see it live streaming which is okay because I usually have to save my TV shows for one or two nights out of my week. I mainly use Sidereel but for some BBC shows (like Blackout, for example) I have to use TV Links which, I believe, is a UK-based site.

If all else failed I'd use a UK proxy on my computer like I did to get Spotify 6 months earlier than my US friends but I don't think I have to resort to that.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 6, 2012 5:28 pm  #38

All this talk is making me excited! And still so long to wait!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 9, 2012 4:23 pm  #39

Banbha wrote:

I can't see it live streaming which is okay because I usually have to save my TV shows for one or two nights out of my week. I mainly use Sidereel but for some BBC shows (like Blackout, for example) I have to use TV Links which, I believe, is a UK-based site.

If all else failed I'd use a UK proxy on my computer like I did to get Spotify 6 months earlier than my US friends but I don't think I have to resort to that.

Wait, you've seen Blackout?

I do prefer to sit on the couch and watch Sherlock on TV with (or without) my husband, but I do not want to wait! Help!

September 9, 2012 7:03 pm  #40

veecee wrote:

I do prefer to sit on the couch and watch Sherlock on TV with (or without) my husband, but I do not want to wait! Help!

This is what I do: I download the episode on my computer, then I put it on a usb drive and put that in either my DVD player or my PS3. Then voila, I can watch on the TV screen! Do you have a player that you can plug a usb drive into? If not, there is a relatively inexpensive cable that connects from your laptop to the TV screen and whatever is on your laptop screen will show up on the TV screen.

Same - not waiting! There's no way I could wait! I will be finding a way to watch the same night if not the next day from when it airs in the UK Even though I download because I can't wait, it's a given I will watch when it airs here as well as buy the blu-ray.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

Board footera