BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2012 8:23 pm  #1

How will we avoid spoilers on the forum about Season 3?

Since you in the UK will see Season 3 before the rest of us, how will we avoid learning things about it before we can actually watch the episodes? I don't want to stay off the forum for six months.

June 21, 2012 8:39 pm  #2

Re: How will we avoid spoilers on the forum about Season 3?

This is an important question. I wonder if it's possible to add a "spoiler" font to the bold, italic, and underline options?

The Series Three area could be divided into two as well... Series Three Speculation and Series Three Spoilers, or something to that effect.

June 21, 2012 8:45 pm  #3

Have no fear the A Team will make sure that Season 3 spoilers are flagged up clearly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 21, 2012 8:54 pm  #4

Yeah, once the series actually starts we'll add new forums like we have for Series 1 and Series 2, so that each episode has it's own forum...If you want to avoid the spoilers just avoid those forums...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 21, 2012 8:57 pm  #5

No,  you  know how you have  titles for your sections on your board  here?   THE GAME IS ON   for the games section,  GENERAL DISCUSSION,  SERIES ONE SERIES TWO  etc?   

Put   the  new  threads  for series three   (All  of them)   into  a  special  section,  and title it  with  SERIES THREE DISCUSSIONS-SPOILERS HERE,  SO ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK   

Or  something like that.   something  stronger than 7 % will do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 22, 2012 3:37 am  #6

No way, we shall have a sealed section which will only be entered once the opening line of the second scene of series 3 is typed.
All references in the other parts of the forum to anything pertaining to the third series will be on automatic 'ghost font' and ONLY those who activate this font via the Series 3 thread will be able to see it. All other members will simply see lines of cipher direct from "The Blind Banker".

We will of course be having "Welcome Back Sherly' parties & generally wooping it up whilst the rest of you just see snippets of 'trash' being left out for the collection.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 3:53 am  #7

Or, if Boardhost is like other message boards I've used, an administrator could create a forum accessible only by password, which would be given only to those who request it by PM.  This way, even if someone is tempted to peek, they couldn't.

On some boards, even, access to a forum can be restricted by the board administrator, who has to go into the Settings menu and give access to individual members; that, though, could be tedious with so many members here.

Yikes, I don't even want to think about having to wait for who know how many months to see Season 3!  Maybe it'll be available on DVD before it's actually broadcast in the US.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 22, 2012 3:57 am  #8

Well I won't be waiting for it to get to Australia, lol. Couldn't do that with Series2 so no way I'll do it for any others hehehe.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 4:05 am  #9

Yeah I won't be waiting either.

It would be good, though, to include those SPOILERS tags. I'm not sure how they would be implemented, code wise, but I've seen them on hints forums and so forth and they're really useful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 22, 2012 4:15 am  #10

Yeah , I am hopeless with those tags though, lol I forget to use them for little bits hehe

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 5:33 am  #11

kazza474 wrote:

No way, we shall have a sealed section which will only be entered once the opening line of the second scene of series 3 is typed.
All references in the other parts of the forum to anything pertaining to the third series will be on automatic 'ghost font' and ONLY those who activate this font via the Series 3 thread will be able to see it. All other members will simply see lines of cipher direct from "The Blind Banker".

We will of course be having "Welcome Back Sherly' parties & generally wooping it up whilst the rest of you just see snippets of 'trash' being left out for the collection.

How will I  know when It's ok to enter this section,  to talk about  or  rant   about the episodes?   UK  sees them  6 months before the USA  for example. I  plan to watch them online,  right after you the UK  viewers see them.  That's what I do for Merlin and Dr Who.    That's why I suggested the spoiler tag.   

Other boards have locked  forums.   In other words, you have to be signed in,  in  order to see them.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 22, 2012 5:42 am  #12

After you see Series 3 episode 1, you will 'just know' you are ready.

In the end, if the section has a spoiler warning, it's up to the individual to decide. This ain't no nanny state forum here. lol

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 11:24 am  #13

veecee wrote:

Since you in the UK will see Season 3 before the rest of us, how will we avoid learning things about it before we can actually watch the episodes? I don't want to stay off the forum for six months.

I've been worried about this too since the PBS shows will lag so horribly. I wish there was a way to see the original broadcasts from America and other parts of the world.

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 22, 2012 11:57 am  #14

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

veecee wrote:

I've been worried about this too since the PBS shows will lag so horribly. I wish there was a way to see the original broadcasts from America and other parts of the world.

Of course there's a way.
I watch it & Australia don't get the shows until 2- 3 months later.
You don't honestly think I would wait one second more than necessary? Sherlock time was the best cure for Mondayitis for me as it would be ready to watch when I got home each Monday around lunchtime.

*Ahhh memories*

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 12:04 pm  #15

kazza474 wrote:

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

veecee wrote:

Of course there's a way.
I watch it & Australia don't get the shows until 2- 3 months later.
You don't honestly think I would wait one second more than necessary? Sherlock time was the best cure for Mondayitis for me as it would be ready to watch when I got home each Monday around lunchtime.

*Ahhh memories*

Ok Sherlock tell us how

June 22, 2012 12:11 pm  #16

I have posted about this sometime ago; but as I am now a mod, I don't think I should post those links in public anymore. They could be classed as illegal apparently.
I'm sure if you search you will find what you are looking for.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 12:16 pm  #17

kazza474 wrote:

I have posted about this sometime ago; but as I am now a mod, I don't think I should post those links in public anymore. They could be classed as illegal apparently.
I'm sure if you search you will find what you are looking for.

Aha! The game's afoot then!

June 22, 2012 5:53 pm  #18

Psh, I'm not waiting either. I tried it as my punishment for joining the fandom late and cracked a week before Scandal aired.

Of course, I had to watch Reichenbach early too. I had final exams on May 21st, what was I supposed to do? Watch Reichenbach for the first time and take an exam the very next day? That said, my English exam was still mysteriously full of half-baked Reichenbach theories and Sherlock references...

@SP Finding it is not hard at all. Just Google what you think you'd Google.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

June 22, 2012 6:04 pm  #19

I won't wait either. As I already stated months ago it has happened before that someone who was supposed to be in Germany found himself in a car boot in Southwark...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 22, 2012 7:46 pm  #20

oh  you  lot---I'm  not a mod here,  just google watch series online  and follow the links to Sherlock.  They  don't have any problems with illegal copyrights like you tube does. They've paid their fees,  and they let us watch for free.  Nice,  huh?     I've  been  watching   Merlin  and other shows that way,  and the links are still there.   some are free,  some you have to log  in  on,  so  it's a trial and error.   Good luck!!   And do have a loverly one.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera