BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



February 12, 2013 9:15 pm  #121


Re: Favourite Quote?

My favorite has to be this one from the Reichenbach Fall,

Watson: "Nobody can fake being such an annoying dick all the time."

 


-- 
Sonnets are cool http://365daysofverse.com
 

February 25, 2013 3:20 am  #122


Re: Favourite Quote?

These are all brilliant. Not sure I could pick one but I love Moriarty in Reichenbach.
"Ordinary Sherlock"
the way he says that makes me laugh. That's how my husband and I refer to stupid things we do (including our poor attempts at the accent). Hilarious! For such a villan Moriarty has some awesome lines!


================================================================
http://i.imgur.com/xVw8L.jpg
 

February 25, 2013 12:24 pm  #123


Re: Favourite Quote?

"Dust is eloquent!"

I love it. It's my new excuse when my mom makes me dust the house. You want me to what? No, I can't. Dust is useful, dust is eloquent. What if someone breaks in and plants a bug? Then what. You'll thank me later you will! Sadly never works, but... I keep trying.
 


__________________________________________________


http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz207/Karom_Karomforever/Doctor%20who/The%20doctor/tumblr_mws0bfJibV1ry0a8xo1_500_zpse2d5ba43.gif

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."
 
 

February 25, 2013 12:27 pm  #124


Re: Favourite Quote?

Sparrow wrote:

"Dust is eloquent!"

I love it. It's my new excuse when my mom makes me dust the house. You want me to what? No, I can't. Dust is useful, dust is eloquent. What if someone breaks in and plants a bug? Then what. You'll thank me later you will! Sadly never works, but... I keep trying.
 

http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png

I should try that. For now my only excuse for not cleaning the house is "Not my division!"
 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"



http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/Chiavra/ebd74ea2-f90d-45d6-98e3-63472f860813_zpsceaa7b31.jpg?t=1369572633
 

February 25, 2013 1:14 pm  #125


Re: Favourite Quote?

^I wish I could say that. But I can't unless I'm willing to clean the whole house all by myself. Which I am not. Where is Mrs. Hudson when you need her?

Another quote I love is the exchange between Sherlock and Lestrade:

S: Shut up!
L: I didn't say...
S: You're thinking, it's annoying.

I can relate to that. Some people are just annoying when they think. 


__________________________________________________


http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz207/Karom_Karomforever/Doctor%20who/The%20doctor/tumblr_mws0bfJibV1ry0a8xo1_500_zpse2d5ba43.gif

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."
 
 

March 4, 2013 12:30 pm  #126


Re: Favourite Quote?

There are cameras. We are being watched *picks up a tiny camera from the shelf*.

There is obviously more than one camera in the room. Sherlock is right about it. There is a very large camera Paul McGuigan is in charge of.

 

March 4, 2013 1:09 pm  #127


Re: Favourite Quote?

Be wrote:

There are cameras. We are being watched *picks up a tiny camera from the shelf*.

There is obviously more than one camera in the room. Sherlock is right about it. There is a very large camera Paul McGuigan is in charge of.

I always get really overwhelmed when I think about that. It's already impressive how the actors slip into those roles - now think about how difficult it must be to be surrounded my crew members and cameras and microphones and still make it look natural.


--------------------------------
http://25.media.tumblr.com/bc09e50c5e891b4ddace196f1395a264/tumblr_mz38vdPwKL1rxzdxqo3_500.png

"Yes, of course I forgive you."
 

March 4, 2013 1:21 pm  #128


Re: Favourite Quote?

Exactly. I imagine that they also have a lot of fun doing this and restraining themselves from laughing.

 

March 21, 2013 1:46 am  #129


Re: Favourite Quote?

Sorry, I can't decide on just one. 
"We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope"

"you're forgetting Sherlock, I was a soldier, I killed people"  "You Were a Doctor"  "I had bad days!"

"The gun's his Idea.  I'm just you know." "My Hostage!"  "Hostage! That Works."


Most of my favorites are conversations between Sherlock and John.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/josabby/MinionSherlockJohn.jpg
 

April 1, 2013 3:28 pm  #130


Re: Favourite Quote?

"...between you and me sitting here, why can't people think? Don't it make you mad? Why can't people just think?"

My boyfriend's favourite line: "Anderson, don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the entire street."
I swear he's just waiting for the perfect opportunity to actually use that line on somebody.


------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.
 

April 1, 2013 8:46 pm  #131


Re: Favourite Quote?

Well mine is in my sig down below

It always makes me laugh though. Its the "grave peril" way in which Sherlock says it.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville
 

May 30, 2013 3:09 am  #132


Re: Favourite Quote?

I can't remember the exact wording...
"Oh, that's clever. Is it clever? why is it clever?"

"round and round the garden like a teddy bear"

Moriarty on the throne "No rush"

Sherlock spraying cleaner in CIA agents face, and head butting him "idiot"
"not good?" "bit not good"
 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn
 
 

June 12, 2013 1:04 pm  #133


Re: Favourite Quote?

Numerous people have already mentioned my two favorites, both from the same scene: the "punch me in the face" exchange and the "I had bad days!" exchange. Sherlock has some of the most perfectly-written, perfectly-delivered lines I've ever seen on a TV show, and yet my two favorite deliveries are from Martin. 

It's so hard to choose, everything they write for these characters is brilliant. Every time Sherlock gets into one of those long, super-fast monologues...sigh...my feelings cannot be expressed in human language.

 

June 12, 2013 1:33 pm  #134


Re: Favourite Quote?

Since I am always looking at subtext (writer's, not sexual) I like this one from ASiP:

'Either way, you are wasted as a cabby.' 

Meaning obviously, you are an intelligent guy. Why are you a cabby?
Moffat's subtext: This idea from A Study in Scarlet with the two pills, revenge and a whole background story is too good to just do it with a cabby in ASiP. Let's do it with Moriarty and Sherlock in TRF again differently.

 

June 12, 2013 2:31 pm  #135


Re: Favourite Quote?

Franklin: "I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" *laughs*

Sherlock: "That would be tremendously ambitious of you"


__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.
 

June 12, 2013 6:30 pm  #136


Re: Favourite Quote?

sj4iy wrote:

Franklin: "I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" *laughs*
Sherlock: "That would be tremendously ambitious of you"

Love it.

Certainly one of my faves is, "I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much schtooopid in the room." *smile*

I wish I could quote some of the times Sherlock tells John he's average. lolol  John graduated from medical school and was an officer in Her Majesty's service, so I doubt he's average in the IQ department-- I love the looks he gives Sherlock when he gets told he's average. The one I'm thinking of is in Hounds, the morning after the night before, sitting at breakfast, and Sherlock tells John that he'd tested his theories on a superior mind, so he thought he needed to test it on an average one. *snerk* Gotta love him. Or punch him in the face. Either.

 

 

June 12, 2013 6:57 pm  #137


Re: Favourite Quote?

John: Oh, please. Can we not do this this time?
Sherlock: Do what? 
John: You being all mysterious with your cheekbones, and turning your coat collar up so you look cool.
Sherlock: I don't do that. 
John: Yeah, you do.

Last edited by Maggi13 (June 12, 2013 6:58 pm)


______________________________________________________________________________
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y483/maggi131313/sign_zps21165d39.jpg Oh.God.Yes.
 

June 12, 2013 9:16 pm  #138


Re: Favourite Quote?

Maggi13 wrote:

John: Oh, please. Can we not do this this time?
Sherlock: Do what? 
John: You being all mysterious with your cheekbones, and turning your coat collar up so you look cool.
Sherlock: I don't do that. 
John: Yeah, you do.

I have heard that that whole bit was an ad lib. If so, it was inspired, and I'm glad they kept it in.

 

June 13, 2013 3:09 am  #139


Re: Favourite Quote?

ancientsgate wrote:

Maggi13 wrote:

John: Oh, please. Can we not do this this time?
Sherlock: Do what? 
John: You being all mysterious with your cheekbones, and turning your coat collar up so you look cool.
Sherlock: I don't do that. 
John: Yeah, you do.

I have heard that that whole bit was an ad lib. If so, it was inspired, and I'm glad they kept it in.

Wow, that information makes me really happy. I love ad-libs in scripted shows, and that was a brilliant one. Martin strikes again.

 

June 13, 2013 3:12 am  #140


Re: Favourite Quote?

Merry wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Maggi13 wrote:

John: Oh, please. Can we not do this this time?
Sherlock: Do what? 
John: You being all mysterious with your cheekbones, and turning your coat collar up so you look cool.
Sherlock: I don't do that. 
John: Yeah, you do.

I have heard that that whole bit was an ad lib. If so, it was inspired, and I'm glad they kept it in.

Wow, that information makes me really happy. I love ad-libs in scripted shows, and that was a brilliant one. Martin strikes again.

Don't take what I said about it being an ad lib as gospel-- I've seen/read/heard so darned much in this fandom in the year I've been in it, my head spins sometimes. But I have some dim memory of hearing that it was an ad lib, lol.

 

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum