BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2012 9:52 am  #1

Classic error in this show

.. and only the Aussies will know it for sure.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 21, 2012 10:06 am  #2

Re: Classic error in this show

Teasing non-Australians like this. I can smell the human rights violation.

Last edited by Dramagod (June 21, 2012 10:11 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 21, 2012 10:15 am  #3

signed: a poor, ignorant Non-Australian

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2012 10:51 am  #4

No hints? Even Moriarty gave hints

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 21, 2012 11:20 am  #5

I want to see if the few Aussies here have an idea.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 21, 2012 11:26 am  #6

Clearly something to do with the boomerang.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 21, 2012 11:28 am  #7

Clearly. Geez even you could guess this one, hehehe

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 21, 2012 11:44 am  #8

Oh, I am ashamed. Even a German like me could have remembered the boomerang. But I must admit, I still don't see the error. (five minutes later) Well, I now I've read something about boomerangs. There a returning and non-returning ones. Fine. Could it be that the boomerang shown in ASiB is a non-returning one?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2012 11:45 am  #9

Don't tell me...he wasn't killed by a boomerang...he was killed by a ...wild kangaroo!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 21, 2012 12:14 pm  #10

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, I am ashamed. Even a German like me could have remembered the boomerang. But I must admit, I still don't see the error. (five minutes later) Well, I now I've read something about boomerangs. There a returning and non-returning ones. Fine. Could it be that the boomerang shown in ASiB is a non-returning one?

You are probably the closest.

Every Aussie knows the boomerangs sold to tourists NEVER return; and the ones we but (if ever) don't either! lol (joke)
They're like many things, it's a fine skill to get a returning one to actually return and that dude did NOT have enough of a suntan to suggest he'd spent enough time outside practising!
I'd say the cows in the field were under more of a threat that the traveller hehehe.

The other thing I would say is those markings don't look very Aboriginal to me.

And lastly, it wasn't the boomerang that dealt the fatal blow. He was clearly hit in the side of the head or neck & the rock that he fell on actually killed him. So I can't see why there was this big 'no sign of a murder weapon' thing going on there.

They're such amateurs!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 21, 2012 12:15 pm  #11

Davina wrote:

Don't tell me...he wasn't killed by a boomerang...he was killed by a ...wild kangaroo!

What self respecting kangaroo would venture that far North Huh?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 21, 2012 12:57 pm  #12

An escapee from a zoo! Tunnelled it's way out like in The Great Escape! Got rid of its Aussie accent and voila! Easy, when you know how! Lol

Last edited by Davina (June 21, 2012 1:02 pm)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 21, 2012 1:26 pm  #13

It's funny the things that catch your eye... I would never have noticed the boomerang, but I was watching with my mother (an artist) and when they first showed the "Lost Vermeer" she actually laughed out loud and said "no way." For me it was the Chinese gang leader folding origami lotuses. I guess even a production as careful as this one can't get everything quite right.

June 22, 2012 8:48 pm  #14

Ahem... careful when you mock our wildlife! If Wallabys can become established in the Peak District (further north) then I'm sure a few hardy Kangaroos could be eeking out a meagre living in the Welsh Valleys (or wherever they're supposed to be).

October 6, 2012 8:00 am  #15

I have always thought the boomerang shot was intentional.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 6, 2012 8:07 am  #16

Oh it's intentional.

What I was saying was that the boomerang was a tourist souvenir; and many of them are probably made in China & don't really return at all, lol.
It was a semi-joke.

The chances that guy learned the skills to getting it to return straight to him are pretty small, going on personal experience.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

October 6, 2012 8:14 am  #17

But it's TV, darling! Ha,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 6, 2012 8:17 am  #18

besleybean wrote:

But it's TV, darling! Ha,

Surely you jest !!!???

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

October 6, 2012 9:17 am  #19

kazza474 wrote:

The chances that guy learned the skills to getting it to return straight to him are pretty small, going on personal experience.

And that's exactly the reason why!
That guy tried and tried without any effort so he wouldn't think for a second that it might return this time! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 6, 2012 10:19 am  #20

Like your thinking!

Board footera