BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 24, 2013 5:15 pm  #341

Re: Discussions on the John and Sherlock relationship

Well, good that kittykat asked, so it's clear now - guess she was not the only one who wondered 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 24, 2013 5:17 pm  #342

Harriet wrote:

Well, good that kittykat asked, so it's clear now - guess she was not the only one who wondered

Thanks, Harriet Is that your real name or are you named after John's sister? I'd like to see her in the show at some point 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

June 24, 2013 5:23 pm  #343

I am named after many Harriets - John's sister just one of them 

Some others:
Harriet Vane, of course 
Harriet M. Welsch 
Archduchess Harriet/Archduke Harry 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 24, 2013 5:25 pm  #344

Harriet wrote:

I am named after many Harriets - John's sister just one of them

Some others:
Harriet Vane, of course
Harriet M. Welsch
Archduchess Harriet/Archduke Harry

Okay. I like the writing in your sig, by the way. That was an awkward moment!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

June 24, 2013 5:28 pm  #345

Thanks, dear!  It says so much about their future relationship, all in the very first minutes...
- and see, we are back to topic already 

June 24, 2013 5:32 pm  #346

Aren't we good?

I like how Sherlock immediately went to tidy things up, like he was trying to impress John or something. 

June 24, 2013 5:36 pm  #347

... but what he does in fact is more or less just adjust one pillow 

Last edited by Harriet (June 24, 2013 5:36 pm)

June 24, 2013 5:44 pm  #348

Harriet wrote:

A teeny bit eager to appear more acceptable to his new potential flat mate, but absolutely clueless about how to go about it. *smile*  That is so Sherlock!  He's the guy who just lets anything fall out of his mouth, regardless of who he's speaking to or what in heck he's saying or who he might insult, but on the other hand, he listens to John when John chastises him for being so rude. "A bit much?"  lol

June 24, 2013 5:49 pm  #349

ancientsgate wrote:

Harriet wrote:

A teeny bit eager to appear more acceptable to his new potential flat mate, but absolutely clueless about how to go about it. *smile*  That is so Sherlock!  He's the guy who just lets anything fall out of his mouth, regardless of who he's speaking to or what in heck he's saying or who he might insult, but on the other hand, he listens to John when John chastises him for being so rude. "A bit much?"  lol

You're absolutely right! 

June 24, 2013 5:57 pm  #350

That's one of the wonderful things in the show - John becoming Sherlock's moral/behavioral compass very quickly. "Not good?" "Sherlock. Timing."  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 24, 2013 6:05 pm  #351

SusiGo wrote:

That's one of the wonderful things in the show - John becoming Sherlock's moral/behavioral compass very quickly. "Not good?" "Sherlock. Timing."  

Exactly! They bond right from the start , honestly, I love seeing that kind of connection between two men, deep friendship or otherwise...not something you see often on television or in movies, which is sad. Anyway, I just recently watched A Study In Pink (again ) and I could not help but smile and laugh at Sherlocks behaviour and his reactions to John or simply when John is around, priceless 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (June 24, 2013 6:06 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

June 24, 2013 6:40 pm  #352

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Exactly! They bond right from the start , honestly, I love seeing that kind of connection between two men, deep friendship or otherwise...not something you see often on television or in movies, which is sad. Anyway, I just recently watched A Study In Pink (again ) and I could not help but smile and laugh at Sherlocks behaviour and his reactions to John or simply when John is around, priceless 

Something the BBC is very good at and at which the American TV writers suck the suckage of a black hole when they even try. Sigh.

The husband and I are watching Doc Martin on PBS, a BBC show from a few years ago, and the characterizations are priceless, the acting superb, the directing subtle and spot on. We just sit there mesmorized by it. Funny, because my husband can't stand Sherlock, won't watch it, but for some reason, he accepts Doc Martin's bristly hedgehog no-bedside-manners doctoring. Doc Martin and Sherlock's personalities have much in common!  Anyway, BBC does that so well, bringing us into their characters' lives and making us care.

And back to S/J, well Sherlock let John in right from the get-go, didn't he. Let him into his life, into his flat, into his heart.  What a joy to watch. *happy sigh*

June 24, 2013 6:47 pm  #353

ancientsgate wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Something the BBC is very good at and at which the American TV writers suck the suckage of a black hole when they even try. Sigh.

The husband and I are watching Doc Martin on PBS, a BBC show from a few years ago, and the characterizations are priceless, the acting superb, the directing subtle and spot on. We just sit there mesmorized by it. Funny, because my husband can't stand Sherlock, won't watch it, but for some reason, he accepts Doc Martin's bristly hedgehog no-bedside-manners doctoring. Doc Martin and Sherlock's personalities have much in common!  Anyway, BBC does that so well, bringing us into their characters' lives and making us care.

And back to S/J, well Sherlock let John in right from the get-go, didn't he. Let him into his life, into his flat, into his heart.  What a joy to watch. *happy sigh*

I know right? Ugh, it's one of the reasons why I hardly watch any American TV, overall I much prefer British TV. BBC has some great stuff, I mean come on, they got Sherlock! I will ALWAYS love them for that 

And yeah, Sherlock did let John in, and vice versa...that says something, whether you believe in destiny or not, I think it would be very difficult to deny that there is some manner of destiny there between the two of them. It is beautiful and awesome to see 

June 24, 2013 6:50 pm  #354

They were made for each other.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 24, 2013 6:53 pm  #355

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I know right? Ugh, it's one of the reasons why I hardly watch any American TV, overall I much prefer British TV. BBC has some great stuff, I mean come on, they got Sherlock! I will ALWAYS love them for that 

And yeah, Sherlock did let John in, and vice versa...that says something, whether you believe in destiny or not, I think it would be very difficult to deny that there is some manner of destiny there between the two of them. It is beautiful and awesome to see 

Well said!

June 24, 2013 6:58 pm  #356

besleybean wrote:

They were made for each other.

Absolutely!

June 26, 2013 7:02 pm  #357

I agree! John and Sherlock are a perfect match! ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

June 26, 2013 10:56 pm  #358

"we're not a couple" isn't actually true. While there isn't a sexual relationship, which is fine, it's all fine, they live in each others back pockets, spending more time together than apart. If they were both "ordinary", they could finish each others sentences like an old married couple.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

June 26, 2013 11:05 pm  #359

They sure bicker like a married couple!

June 27, 2013 1:37 am  #360

kittykat wrote:

They sure bicker like a married couple!

Hehe, indeed! Those are some of my favourite moments in the show, always has me giggling! 

Board footera