BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2012 8:57 pm  #1

5 early Sherlock Holmes films +

I have found an indiewire blog that has 5 very early Sherlock Holmes 'shorts' i.e. films. It is fascinating to read about each of them and to see the evolution of this medium to tell about Sherlock Holmes. At the end there is also a Muppet excerpt.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/spout/short-starts-sherlock-holmes#

This link doesn't seem to be working for some reason. Grrrr! You might have to search for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 19, 2012 9:02 pm  #2

Re: 5 early Sherlock Holmes films +

And for those interested seeing the older Holmes movies, there's many of them in full at Youtube with manageable video quality. I just watched the ´39 Baskervilles myself yesterday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 21, 2012 12:54 pm  #3

I fixed the link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 21, 2012 1:06 pm  #4

Thanks Boss!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera