BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2012 4:08 pm  #121

Re: Cabin pressure

By the way, which is that repeated line he talks about? I really couldn't say, and I have listened to the whole three series like... well, more than twice and less than ten times

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 19, 2012 4:19 pm  #122

Thanks very much for the link, Irene. I had hoped to apply for a ticket but it would be terrible to fly to London and not getting into the studio because they sold too many tickets. That's absolutely stupid  . And I don't know either which sentence he's talking about. Oh, I just love this series.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 19, 2012 4:48 pm  #123

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks very much for the link, Irene. I had hoped to apply for a ticket but it would be terrible to fly to London and not getting into the studio because they sold too many tickets.

I thought exactly the same...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 19, 2012 4:58 pm  #124

That's fun! Thank you Irene!!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 19, 2012 5:47 pm  #125

The line that is in the series twice is mentioned in the comments (link attached to the blog). I wont repeat it here in case there are people who want to discover it for themselves.

July 19, 2012 6:03 pm  #126

JaneCo wrote:

The line that is in the series twice is mentioned in the comments (link attached to the blog). I wont repeat it here in case there are people who want to discover it for themselves.

Good God, two hours ago, when I wrote my post, there was just one comment...
Thanks, Jane

July 19, 2012 6:26 pm  #127

Sometimes I think that the BBC powers that be are afflicted by some kind of mass insanity- you know like the Salem Witch Hunt, a bit.  I never knew they gave out more tickets than there are seats. It's like being 'bumped' at the airport. I suppose, because they aree free they may get a few no shows and then the audience might be a bit thin on the ground but really!

Hmm, now to work out the repeated line of Martin's. I do hope the entire cast are the same next series.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 3:51 pm  #128

I was doing some 'research' into this picture

don't judge me! The girl in the photo runs the cumberbatchweb twitter and to cut a long story short, she met Ben at a Cabin Pressure recording. Thought you might like to read this. Just scroll down a bit and enjoy.

http://cumberbatchfans.livejournal.com/75821.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 21, 2012 4:01 pm  #129

I love the t-shirt. Very much in character, isn't it? If I was sitting in the first row during CP I'd have to gasp for air all the time. They'd probably throw me out for disturbing the recording.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 21, 2012 4:02 pm  #130

hepzibah wrote:

I was doing some 'research' into this picture

don't judge me! The girl in the photo runs the cumberbatchweb twitter and to cut a long story short, she met Ben at a Cabin Pressure recording. Thought you might like to read this. Just scroll down a bit and enjoy.

http://cumberbatchfans.livejournal.com/75821.html

She runs cumberbatchfans; cumberbatchweb is a different one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 21, 2012 4:33 pm  #131

Ben probably knows how to do mouth-to-mouth Susi. Would that help?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 5:28 pm  #132

Davina wrote:

Ben probably knows how to do mouth-to-mouth Susi. Would that help?

If I may answer? She would die.

July 22, 2012 5:43 pm  #133

Thanks very much, Mattlocked, but no way. I'd enjoy it to the very last second  .

Just listened to "Ottery St. Mary". Unbelievable. I'll never see a yellow car or a piano in the same way.

July 22, 2012 5:59 pm  #134

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks very much, Mattlocked, but no way. I'd enjoy it to the very last second  .

Just listened to "Ottery St. Mary". Unbelievable. I'll never see a yellow car or a piano in the same way.

The best episode in my opinion, I listen to it at least once a week

July 22, 2012 6:06 pm  #135

But the beginning of Rotterdam is quite promising as well. I was so impressed I had to change my signature 

July 22, 2012 7:10 pm  #136

Rotterdam is one of my favourites too. In fact, I think series 3 is the best as a whole. Tell me what you think of Martin's tape recording and his "creepy stalker quiz". I can't stop laughing just thinking about it

July 22, 2012 7:36 pm  #137

Looking forward to it  . BTW, how many otters can you imagine?

July 22, 2012 8:31 pm  #138

SusiGo wrote:

Looking forward to it  . BTW, how many otters can you imagine?

Millions!!

Waaaaaa!!

July 22, 2012 9:18 pm  #139

Irene Adler wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Wow, that's the perfect solution! This way you never need new episodes!

As I have watched the rules for the yellow car game already I'm really looking forward to that one.......

July 22, 2012 9:25 pm  #140

Mattlocked wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Wow, that's the perfect solution! This way you never need new episodes!

As I have watched the rules for the yellow car game already I'm really looking forward to that one.......

I listen to some episodes along the week, and I usually come back more often to the ones in series 3. But Ottery Saint Mary is always there and I laugh the same every time. There are parts I could play all by myself (I know, this sounds mad, but I know the "Yellow car" conversation by heart). I must tell you, this has helped me a lot with my English listening, the days I spent in London I could understand almost everything 

Board footera