BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2012 6:27 am  #101

Re: Cabin pressure

I listen to Cabin Pressure when going to the office from lunch sometimes and I can't help smiling or laughing, so people may think I'm out of my mind . But really I don't care)).

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 7, 2012 7:05 am  #102

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I'm still on the first season episodes but today I was on a plane and listened to Douz, Rotterdam, and Cremona.  I had to stifle my laughter by covering my mouth, otherwise who knows what the strangers around me would've thought.    And I was very tempted to ask the flight attendants if they'd ever heard of the show but as I was on an American airline, I doubted they had.

I love Douz. Can't stop laughing.

Just heard the beginning of Limerick. Bored, bored, boring … it reminded me of something  .

Last edited by SusiGo (July 7, 2012 8:57 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 7, 2012 9:06 am  #103

Got my husband to listen to the first two episodes yesterday. (As HE goes on pointing out that HE was the one who discovered Sherlock for us I kind of forced him to listen.)
Well... at first he was a bit looking like: Now? Really? Hmm... okay....
But then we had some good laughs and he thought it was fun - though we only managed those two because it was quite late...
I have the hope we'll do that again... some day (but can't wait for the next time, so I will make some secret "pre-listenings" on my own, I guess....)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 8, 2012 7:26 pm  #104

Here's a really silly video for silly people who love Sherlock AND Cabin Pressure (Warning: containing spoilers for those who don't know Ottery St. Mary):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R8JfCQALmI&feature=related

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 8, 2012 11:11 pm  #105

I finally got around to listening to the first episode of Cabin Pressure. So funny. Very similar to the Britcoms on TV that I enjoy. We're thinking of looking for a podcast of it to record so we can listen to it on car trips.

July 9, 2012 7:47 am  #106

I've been a busy girl and I have found transcripts of ALL the Cabin Pressure episodes. There are one of two (small) errors in some of them- nothing vital. I was reading them last night and people must think I am a bit mad because I kept laughing right out loud.

No idea why the link that was here wouldn't work! Duh!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the transcripts. Particularly useful for non-native English speakers. Though I am A native speaker and I found the, brilliantly hilarious!

Last edited by Davina (July 9, 2012 11:13 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 9, 2012 8:02 am  #107

Hm... can it be you have to be facebook-member? For me the link doesn't work.

July 9, 2012 8:10 am  #108

I am a FB member but it doesn't work for me either.

July 9, 2012 8:42 am  #109

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 9, 2012 10:34 am  #110

Yyyyessssss....   DANKE!!!
(That'll help a lot to discover all the small, small things I didn't get so far....)

July 9, 2012 10:43 am  #111

Thank you, that's BRILLIANT!

July 9, 2012 9:52 pm  #112

Paris
Martin But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so, I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact.
Douglas Snappily put.

Last edited by Davina (July 9, 2012 9:56 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 11, 2012 11:44 am  #113

I have news for some lucky people. From the Cabin Pressure fan site:

Stephanie Cole – In Conversation, Bristol, 30th August 2012

Hi folks, bit of news that might be of interest to anyone in the South West of England area – Stephanie Cole (Carolyn) will be ‘In Conversation’ at an event hosted by a theatre at Bristol University. Full details follow. I won’t be able to make it – I’ve never been to Bristol and was rather hoping not to break my duck. But if you want to go to Bristol (I believe people do) then pop along if you are able and support a good cause. They have a lovely suspension bridge.

It’s a charity event to raise funds for a Theatre Collection – Stephanie is President of the Friends group. This is a special fundraising event for the University of Bristol Theatre Collection organised by the Friends of the Theatre Collection (Reg charity no. 272392).

Stephanie Cole – in Conversation

Wickham Theatre, University of Bristol
Thursday 30th August 2012
7.30pm Tickets £10

For further details contact Rosemary Silvester
tel 0117 9260990
email R.Silvester@bristol.ac.uk

Or download a booking form here: bris.ac.uk/theatrecollection/events.html

All are welcome!

I'm so jealous of you Brits.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 11, 2012 2:18 pm  #114

Davina wrote:

Paris
Martin But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so, I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact.
Douglas Snappily put.

So he's quite a clever boy after all, our Martin  .

July 11, 2012 2:54 pm  #115

And a definite nod to Sherlock from the cheeky Mr. Finnemore!

July 11, 2012 3:02 pm  #116

Yes, thumbs up for Mr. Finnemore 

July 17, 2012 9:58 pm  #117

I've been listening to "Ipswich" today

Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain. One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...

This makes me laugh so hard... isn't Roger Allam absolutely awesome?

By the way, I think Cabin pressure has done much more for my English listening than any class excercise I did in my life

Last edited by Irene Adler (July 17, 2012 9:59 pm)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 17, 2012 10:09 pm  #118

I LOVE this show! Heard "Qikiqtarjuaq" (I did this with copy and paste, can't remember the name) yesterday when driving to Cologne and couldn't stop laughing. "Polar bears are … brilliant!" And the travelling lemon. 

July 18, 2012 4:36 am  #119

Introduced houseguests to Cabin Pressure this evening -- very well received. Listened in the car on our way back from an overnight trip. Nice way to stay awake, especially for my husband who was kind enough to do the driving. Only three episodes so far.

Isn't it ironic that one of the episodes includes a star beset by obsessed fans, something Benny is having to deal with these days? "Sign my shirt?"

July 19, 2012 4:03 pm  #120

Cabin Pressure FAQ, by John Finnemore

http://johnfinnemore.blogspot.co.uk/

I love that guy

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

Board footera