BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 17, 2014 10:08 am  #1081

Re: Cabin pressure

I often listen to Cabin Pressure whilst walking my Dog, and I'm sure people must think I'm mad as I walk along chuckling to myself!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 17, 2014 10:54 am  #1082

I listen to CP when I'm doing household chores. Makes the time fly by really quick! Douglas delivers every line so perfectly. Yverdon-les-Bains is brilliant on so many levels: Douglas's "epiphany", Herc and Douglas going at each other's throats, Arthur trying to serve dinner with his angioedema-ed lips, the muffin-loving CEO of Swiss Airways, and, of course, Martin finally coming into his own. =)

May 17, 2014 4:21 pm  #1083

"MartaSt" wrote:

Yet I don't think that author was looking for inspiration in series or books but who knows xD

I don't think either. But it had to be extra funny for them at the redording

"MartaSt" wrote:

I loved conversation between Douglas and Dr Duncan about how first officer should not be shy and talk confidently to the capitan - "Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain." - perfect

Ipswich is totally one of my favourites. I also love Boston and "Simon says" game 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 17, 2014 11:11 pm  #1084

Le Bear Polar wrote:

I listen to CP when I'm doing household chores. Makes the time fly by really quick! Douglas delivers every line so perfectly. Yverdon-les-Bains is brilliant on so many levels: Douglas's "epiphany", Herc and Douglas going at each other's throats, Arthur trying to serve dinner with his angioedema-ed lips, the muffin-loving CEO of Swiss Airways, and, of course, Martin finally coming into his own. =)

And Douglas saying with his terrified voice "What have I become?" I still have this line in my mind and it' makes mi laugh all the time 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 21, 2014 12:33 pm  #1085

Martin is the Captain! Listen to this, it's so much fun!

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/86391987910/baldwinboy5ive-i-have-created-a-martin-crieff

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 21, 2014 3:11 pm  #1086

Brilliant!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 21, 2014 4:33 pm  #1087

"You don't have to tell them you're an airline captain. (pauses) I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking."
It kills me everytime

Oh, and I'd love it if someone put Martin's and Douglas' "But I am a supreme commander of this vessel" together!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 21, 2014 7:21 pm  #1088

Absolutely wonderful !

- "You must be the captain."
- "No, actually I'm the—oh. Yes."   Love that dialogue

On the one hand I have big compassion for Martin but on the other hand I can't stop laughing when he is trying to convince other people that HE is the captain, god dammit xD

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 21, 2014 7:49 pm  #1089

MartaSt wrote:

Absolutely wonderful !

- "You must be the captain."
- "No, actually I'm the—oh. Yes."   Love that dialogue

Me too  

And I agree, he's so funny (the panic voice in Paris! "Give it to me! Don’t get near Douglas with it! Give it to me!!! "  ) but he is so human when he talks about the lack of money, his dreams and the fact that he doesn't look like a captain. I can relate to him to some point and I deeply care about him and root for him. On the other hand, I laugh really, really loud when I listen to his conversation with Douglas and Carolyn!

May 21, 2014 8:02 pm  #1090

Carolyn and Douglas mocking Martin - it's in top 100 things you have to hear before you die

And it's fun to hear this because we know that they don't want to insult him and show him that he's worse than others but they are like big ( 4 person but still ) family - when it's time to have fun, we have fun, but when the situation is difficult, we will stand beside you and will support you. And to me that is what's making this show masterpiece.

"

May 31, 2014 4:42 pm  #1091

Oh, look at this, look at this, that's fantastic...! A box set! Hopefully it really will happen!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 31, 2014 6:29 pm  #1092

I'd definately buy it! So long time for Christmas though...

May 31, 2014 6:39 pm  #1093

Yes! I'm starting to save the money Although I'm still praying for Zurich's air date, I want to hear it so badly... T.T

"

May 31, 2014 9:21 pm  #1094

Here's a funny little story. As some of you may know, I'm visiting my best friend in the UK this week. When she picked me up at the airport last Friday evening, she said, "Oh, and J and J (her husband and 4-year-old son) are going to an air show tomorrow with F and M. It's in Duxford."
And I'm, like, "Let me guess, it's near the Air Museum."
And she goes, "Wait, how did you know there's an Air Museum in Duxford?"
Uhm.........

I also tried teaching little J the yellow car game. And we've kind of played it in the car to the circus this morning. He didn't quite get the full hang of it, because he kept pointing out yellow cars in full sentences ("There's another yellow car."), and he counted them as well, but, hey, it's a start. I made up for it by calling out, "Yellow car!" every time. Arthur would have been proud of me, I'm sure. We saw four in total during the half hour drive.

And that box set? Gosh, I'm in! Is it Christmas already? Maybe something to look forward to for my next birthday.

May 31, 2014 9:47 pm  #1095

Ahh that's so cute I would love to play "Yellow car"... but I have never seen yellow car in my city or in any other city I've been. I guess there aren't any yellow cars in my country

"

June 1, 2014 9:39 am  #1096

Hmmm, usually box sets get released before Christmas so that everyone can buy them as presents, I wonder if this means the final episode will be on a couple of weeks before to give them a chance to release it in time for Christmas.....

Definitely something to look forward to, exciting news!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

June 2, 2014 6:37 am  #1097

We played Yellow Car again yesterday morning and saw five. And funnily enough, my friend kept doing it on the way to the airport as well, even when the Little 'Un wasn't in the car. We even had a moment where she said it mid-sentence like Arthur. Total geek moment!

June 2, 2014 8:11 am  #1098

Hehe yeah I also do it while talking.
Talking about something and then - yellow car - in between I say it .
There are quite many yellow cars around here..

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

June 3, 2014 7:56 pm  #1099

There's a yellow minibus I often see from my window and because we don't have much yellow cars in Poland, it draws my attention. I think of it as a "yellow bus"

June 3, 2014 8:04 pm  #1100

O, Marta, you're right, why didn't I think about it sooner - most of the public transport in my city are yellow buses, so I can play too Not yellow cars, but if you do not have what you like, then you like what you have xD

"

Board footera