BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 5, 2014 7:59 am  #1061

Re: Cabin pressure

Another home grown talent, we should be rightly proud of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 5, 2014 8:04 am  #1062

And he is really talented. I love his drawings too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 5, 2014 8:06 am  #1063

I confess I wasn't aware of his artisitic talent, his brain is amazing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 5, 2014 8:37 am  #1064

Finished the 4th season and now waiting for Zürich...

About John Finnamore at the one show, is there any possibility to catch it up? Would be interested.

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 5, 2014 9:30 am  #1065

Can you get BBC iplayer in Germany?
If so, that's where you want to be!
BBC Radio 4 The Now Show.
I don't know if I was listening to a repeat, but it was on Saturday.

May 5, 2014 11:35 am  #1066

Thanks I gonna check it.

Btw I missed this, when it was on sale, maybe they gonna bring it back if it recieves enough votes:

http://teebusters.com/design/1637/control/

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 11, 2014 6:50 am  #1067

Love that poster.
Yverdon-Les-Baines. Wow!! My favourite one, I think - this series really cheers me up, such a shame there's only one more left.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 12, 2014 9:28 pm  #1068

This quite accurately reflects Arthur's way of thinking, doesn't it?

May 12, 2014 9:35 pm  #1069

TeeJay wrote:

This quite accurately reflects Arthur's way of thinking, doesn't it?

And no bears are involved? 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 12, 2014 9:48 pm  #1070

TeeJay wrote:

There is one word missing - "Brilliant!"

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 13, 2014 4:47 am  #1071

How about "brilliant magic"...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 13, 2014 1:19 pm  #1072

SolarSystem wrote:

How about "brilliant magic"...?

Perfect Now this picture is complete

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 13, 2014 6:21 pm  #1073

Btw, the image isn't mine, I came across it on Facebook. But since you asked for it, here's my edited Arthur Shappey version.

May 13, 2014 6:27 pm  #1074

I recommend it, 10/10 points Thank you very much

"

May 14, 2014 7:01 am  #1075

Do you know where can I find last episode "Zurich"? Is is available anywhere?

Last edited by MartaSt (May 14, 2014 9:05 am)

"

May 14, 2014 7:10 am  #1076

The last episode hasn't aired yet, Marta.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 14, 2014 9:06 am  #1077

Ok, thank you for the info Solar.  Waiting again ehhh... xD

"

May 16, 2014 10:08 pm  #1078

I just finished season 4. I really like the fact that Martin evolved as a character. I didn't expect it and I thought he'll always be someone I just want to hug and say it's going to be okay. I became fond of him from very beginning and I wanted him to gain self-confidence and respect he deserves; I'm glad Carolyn and Douglas proved to be his friends, I liked the episode when Douglas found himself in Martin's position and suddenly realised what Martin's been through and the moment when Martin made the CEO stay in the room... Season 4 was truly moving. I'm happy there's still one episode left but sad it's the end. They did a massive build-up and I wonder what is going to happen in Zurich but I don't want that episode just yet. I don't know if I'm ready to say good bye to Martin, Douglas, Arthur and even Carolyn.

My favourite episode is, undoubtly, Paris. I love, love, love detective stories and the plot was amazing. Very cunning, I didn't guess who the thief was I was sure it's Carolyn. Since there's obviously a referring to Sherlock Holmes, I wonder if the script was written before or after Benedict got Sherlock's role?

And how enthusiastic Bendict become in season 4 when he was reading credits!  I loved the way he was speaking "BBC" at the end

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 17, 2014 9:43 am  #1079

Trying to accused Martin in the last episode of cheating and Martin saying that he learned manual  - priceless

Definetely Yverdon-les-Bains was one of the best episode, but my favourites ones are Timbuktu ("Yellow car!") and Ipswich ( I loved conversation between Douglas and Dr Duncan about how first officer should not be shy and talk confidently to the capitan - "Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain." - perfect ).
Damn it, I'm really gonna missed this show and I can't wait to hear Zurich.

Marta - Paris episode was realised on 8 July 2011 so I think it was written after Ben was in Sherlock. Yet I don't think that author was looking for inspiration in series or books but who knows xD

Last edited by MartaSt (May 17, 2014 9:44 am)

"

May 17, 2014 10:05 am  #1080

MartaSt wrote:

Ipswich ( I loved conversation between Douglas and Dr Duncan about how first officer should not be shy and talk confidently to the capitan - "Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain." - perfect ).

And the way in which Douglas delivers this line makes me crack up every single time.

Board footera