BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2012 7:56 am  #81

Re: Cabin pressure

Golf Tango India forever  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 5, 2012 8:05 am  #82

STOP IT!  I'm not further than episode 1, yet!!     

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 5, 2012 8:17 am  #83

All right, Mattlocked, from now on we'll mark our posts as SPOILER just for you. But then I haven't heard Ottery St. Mary and everybody keeps telling me about it  . Hope your back'll soon be better.

Last edited by SusiGo (July 5, 2012 8:17 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 5, 2012 8:17 am  #84

SusiGo wrote:

Golf Tango India forever  .

Oh yes... I have learnt a lot about phonetical alphabet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 5, 2012 8:57 am  #85

SusiGo wrote:

All right, Mattlocked, from now on we'll mark our posts as SPOILER just for you. But then I haven't heard Ottery St. Mary and everybody keeps telling me about it  . Hope your back'll soon be better.

Thanks. Well, at least I can go on listening to more episodes now. Or rather watch DVD? Or browse BC news? Or stay here? AAARRRGHHH!

July 5, 2012 12:08 pm  #86

Mattlocked wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks. Well, at least I can go on listening to more episodes now. Or rather watch DVD? Or browse BC news? Or stay here? AAARRRGHHH!

You should go listen Cabin Pressure

I'm sorry for the previous "spoilery" comments, but believe me, as much as we say things about it, you won't know what it really is until you listen to it. I had heard about "Yellow Car" like a million times before I listened to "Ottery Saint May" and I still was laughing like a child the day I finally heard it (and the several times I have done it after the first one)

The work of the actors is superb and, without that, no spoiler can give you an idea of what it really is. Roger Allam and Arthur Finnemore are absolutely awesome

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 5, 2012 12:14 pm  #87

I love the Arthur Finnemore comment Irene, John would love it! Don't worry Mattlocked you have NO IDEA what you are getting yourself into!

Jelly babies to automatic!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 5, 2012 1:52 pm  #88

Nooo, my problems are not any spoilers! It's that I don't get your jokes!  Well... so far. Have to work on it! 
But I couldn't resist watching Pink and Blind Banker first. Third time worked fine even without subtitles. 

July 5, 2012 2:14 pm  #89

Just wait and listen and soon you'll be in the know. I just finished Kuala Lumpur while cleaning the kitchen .

July 5, 2012 11:20 pm  #90

I'm on Kuala-Lumpur too . I like this episode especially for Martin doing such clever things when Douglas is far away with his sarcastic remarks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 6, 2012 9:14 am  #91

Have you noticed how different is the way Ben presents the episodes from series one to series three?

In the first episodes he does the introduction quite calmly and in the last ones he sounds like crazy

July 6, 2012 9:39 am  #92

221B Baker Street wrote:

I'm on Kuala-Lumpur too . I like this episode especially for Martin doing such clever things when Douglas is far away with his sarcastic remarks.

Wasn't this in the Johannesburg episode? Kuala Lumpur's the one with the illegal bar .

July 6, 2012 9:47 am  #93

Bah someone did edit all his credits together into one clip but I can't find it
It was pretty funny

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 6, 2012 11:30 am  #94

SusiGo wrote:

221B Baker Street wrote:

Wasn't this in the Johannesburg episode? Kuala Lumpur's the one with the illegal bar .

Surely, it was in Johannesburg, sorry, I mixed everything up . That's all about me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 6, 2012 11:39 am  #95

221B Baker Street wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

221B Baker Street wrote:

Surely, it was in Johannesburg, sorry, I mixed everything up . That's all about me...

Johannesburg... is that the one they end up in Albacete?
It was sooooo funny listening to Ben trying to speak Spanish

Last edited by Irene Adler (July 6, 2012 11:40 am)

July 6, 2012 11:54 am  #96

Yes, that's the one. They get stuck under the bridge and Martin has the truly brilliant idea of letting the air from the tyres - which actually works. Finally a personal triumph for him. And I can imagine how funny it most sound to you when he's trying to speak Spanish if I had to laugh so much  .

July 6, 2012 6:32 pm  #97

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, that's the one. They get stuck under the bridge and Martin has the truly brilliant idea of letting the air from the tyres - which actually works. Finally a personal triumph for him. And I can imagine how funny it most sound to you when he's trying to speak Spanish if I had to laugh so much  .

Ben's Spanish is... brilliant!!

I love that episode too

July 6, 2012 6:41 pm  #98

What was he saying? Something about an "engineero"??

July 6, 2012 7:03 pm  #99

SusiGo wrote:

What was he saying? Something about an "engineero"??

Yes something like that 
"Engineero" (which is "ingeniero" in fact), "señor Quintanilla", "Albacete", "siesta" (by the way, nobody makes "siesta" at two fifteen, it's always later, about half past three), "gracias", "tre importante" (a nice mixture of Spanish and French).
As I said, brilliant

July 7, 2012 5:17 am  #100

I'm still on the first season episodes but today I was on a plane and listened to Douz, Rotterdam, and Cremona.  I had to stifle my laughter by covering my mouth, otherwise who knows what the strangers around me would've thought.    And I was very tempted to ask the flight attendants if they'd ever heard of the show but as I was on an American airline, I doubted they had.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

Board footera