BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 12, 2013 5:13 pm  #881

Re: Cabin pressure

miriel68 wrote:

I think it is more probable, there will be "Z" episode of CP, may be for Christmas?  I have no high hopes for an entire season, though.

I'd happily take 'Z'!

And anyway, if there's really going to be TV series, it doesn't necessarily have to mean that the original actors will be in it, especially Ben. I think he'd probably love to do it but won't have the time (and may be too expensive as well).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 12, 2013 5:23 pm  #882

I will NOT accept a tv series without Ben, John, Roger or Stephanie!! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 12, 2013 5:51 pm  #883

Mattlocked wrote:

I will NOT accept a tv series without Ben, John, Roger or Stephanie!!

Agreed- it'd be like Sherlock without Ben and Martin!

We should keep in mind however that Captain Martin Crieff is short and red-faced- not like Ben at all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 12, 2013 5:54 pm  #884

There are so much more letters in the world. There MUST be towns that start with an umlaut or something.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 12, 2013 6:00 pm  #885

Schmiezi wrote:

There are so much more letters in the world. There MUST be towns that start with an umlaut or something.

I certainly hope so!

November 12, 2013 6:14 pm  #886

Überlingen, Örebro, Ålgård, Øvre Årdal, ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 12, 2013 9:26 pm  #887

Schmiezi wrote:

Čadca, Šumperk, Žilina, Řím...

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

November 13, 2013 5:59 am  #888

Schmiezi wrote:

I've been to Örebro recently! They do have a very large IKEA, they should have an airport too...

November 13, 2013 6:26 am  #889

See, no reason to stop with Z!!!

November 13, 2013 1:05 pm  #890

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 13, 2013 2:04 pm  #891

So no Umlaute then.

On the pro side: 45 minutes!

November 13, 2013 2:56 pm  #892

Brilliant! 

I kind of don't want Martin to take the job. MJN wouldn't be the same without him 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 13, 2013 3:32 pm  #893

Kerkerian wrote:

So no Umlaute then.

I was about to tell Kerkerian something about my signature, but now I don't feel like it.

But better end it too soon than too late. *sigh*

November 13, 2013 3:37 pm  #894

Schmiezi wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

So no Umlaute then.

I was about to tell Kerkerian something about my signature, but now I don't feel like it.

But better end it too soon than too late. *sigh*

Oh no, please do tell! It'll distract you!

November 13, 2013 3:44 pm  #895

That's true.

The episode it's been taken from was written after Sherlock became a success. I've read that Benedict didn't want any Sherlock references in it. Instead, Arthur says something like "Oh, you are like a detective .. like ... Miss Marple."

The less elegant version of the typical Sherlock Holmes quote from my sig is another nod to that.

November 13, 2013 3:47 pm  #896

Schmiezi wrote:

That's true.

The episode it's been taken from was written after Sherlock became a success. I've read that Benedict didn't want any Sherlock references in it. Instead, Arthur says something like "Oh, you are like a detective .. like ... Miss Marple."

The less elegant version of the typical Sherlock Holmes quote from my sig is another nod to that.

See, I knew about the Miss Marple thing and Ben not wanting Sherlock references, but this is brilliant. Thank you. Nothing as cheerful as thinking about Cabin Pressure...

November 13, 2013 4:07 pm  #897

The photo on the blog had to be a Toblerone, didn't it? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 13, 2013 5:13 pm  #898

Note to self:  Time to go ahead and order Series 4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 13, 2013 6:13 pm  #899

I wish there were subtitles for radio. I tried to listen to "Cabin Pressure" but I couldn't understand 80% of what people were saying. I really can't understand British English without subtitles. 

November 13, 2013 7:00 pm  #900

There are transcripts available here. I didn't understand everything at once, either. This helps:

http://www.cabinpressurefans.co.uk/cabin-pressure-episode-transcripts/

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera