BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2012 10:11 am  #61

Re: Cabin pressure

Good, now I have your attention!

Ok everyone, there's a quiz to do.
Cabin Pressure Quiz Number 1

I only got 70% first turn, so back to studying more.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 25, 2012 11:18 am  #62

Kazza, I think the picture could be a bit larger  . And, yeah, Skygod Martin forever!

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2012 11:21 am  #63

Kazza, I think the picture could be a bit larger  . And, yeah, Skygod Martin forever!

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2012 11:47 am  #64

Addie221B even John Finnemore doesn't know yet exactly when series 4 will be recorded. I am following his blog faithfully because I am PRETTY SURE that will be the first place to find out and then I will try and get tickets to one of the recordings.

Kazza- are you SURE Douglas Richardson isn't a sky god too?

I play yellow car all the time...needless to say my family think I am mad! I follow John's rules faithfully- no punching.

In parting, all I have to say is...jelly babies to automatic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 25, 2012 5:42 pm  #65

Hm, the quiz is fun! I actually got everything right.... oh my.

I'm SO looking forward to the next season!
If I can somehow make it happen I would also love to go to one of the recordings... 

June 25, 2012 11:20 pm  #66

I passed the quiz and got 80% .
I'm looking forward to new series too, though I have been still listening to the last series of Season 2 . Some of my favourite series are being constantly replayed by me and I can't help it . I think after having listened to Season 3 I will re-listen all of the series till Season 4 is recorded  .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 4, 2012 6:57 pm  #67

I am re-listening to the whole three series and today I reached "Ottery Saint Mary". Oh God, I love that episode. Everything in it. It's so funny

Apart from "yellow car", Icarus, Arthur being a clot, the otters in the plane and Douglas teasing Carolyn, I love this little exchange between Carolyn and Herc:

HERC:  What a ridiculous dog!
CAROLYN:  I‟m sorry?
HERC:  I said you have a ridiculous dog.
CAROLYN:  My dog is not ridiculous.
HERC:  Then whose dog is this?

Last edited by Irene Adler (July 4, 2012 6:58 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 4, 2012 8:57 pm  #68

In my humble opinion I think the Ottery St. Mary episode is the all time greatest episode...ever..ever! It is absolutely great.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 4, 2012 9:01 pm  #69

I'm just through with Ipswich, but I'm looking forward to Ottery St. Mary. Heard so much about it.

July 4, 2012 9:15 pm  #70

Davina wrote:

In my humble opinion I think the Ottery St. Mary episode is the all time greatest episode...ever..ever! It is absolutely great.

Amen to that

I must confess, this week I have listened to it twice and I still laugh like crazy...

You're aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalways playing Yellow Car

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 4, 2012 9:18 pm  #71

Sadly...I am always playing yellow car! My kids think I am, frankly, mad. What is worse, they won't join in! Boo!

July 4, 2012 9:29 pm  #72

Davina wrote:

Sadly...I am always playing yellow car! My kids think I am, frankly, mad. What is worse, they won't join in! Boo!

I would gladly join, Davina. You know, it never ends

July 4, 2012 9:43 pm  #73

What is this show?  Can you hear some of it on Youtube?

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 4, 2012 9:48 pm  #74

KeepersPrice wrote:

What is this show?  Can you hear some of it on Youtube?

It's the best thing ever done in radio. Take a look (or an ear )

July 4, 2012 9:50 pm  #75

Oh, God... now I'm listening to Abu Dhabi again... Sir!

July 4, 2012 11:07 pm  #76

KeepersPrice: Yes, it's on YouTube.  Just do a search for Cabin Pressure and it'll show up.  Each episode is about 30 minutes long; there are three seasons of radio dramas, six episodes per season, plus an additional Christmas episode.  I've only listened to four so far but they are extremely funny.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 4, 2012 11:32 pm  #77

Just listened to my first episode.  Hysterical!  The poor freezing kitty cat 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 5, 2012 7:21 am  #78

KeepersPrice wrote:

Just listened to my first episode.  Hysterical!  The poor freezing kitty cat 

Yes, the freezing cat affair... it's hilarious
Wait to listen to Ottery Saint Mary. Best episode ever

July 5, 2012 7:25 am  #79

I also love Douz as you can see from my signature. Scottish cricket team in swimming trunks carrying away a fire engine in the middle of the Sahara .

July 5, 2012 7:53 am  #80

SusiGo wrote:

I also love Douz as you can see from my signature. Scottish cricket team in swimming trunks carrying away a fire engine in the middle of the Sahara .

Oh, yes, it's great too. And Paris, with all the Miss Marple thing. And Ipswich with all the "hey chief, I might be wrong" affair...

Board footera