BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2013 4:48 am  #681

Re: Cabin pressure

My favorite line, Caroline to Martin: Only Father Christmas cares about what you want." 

(Molly--don't worry, I didn't realize, until it was mentioned recently here, that the episodes were in alphabetical order as they were all mixed up when I downloaded them.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 20, 2013 3:10 pm  #682

I listened to Newcastle last night and was surprised to find that another actor was playing the role of Martin.  Does anyone know why BC wasn't in this episode?  Sorry if this has already been discussed but there were no results when I did a search for posts about this episode.  Has this happened with other episodes as well?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 20, 2013 3:40 pm  #683

This is the only one he has missed to date, laryngitis I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 20, 2013 4:10 pm  #684

Yes he was too ill to attend the recording.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 20, 2013 5:39 pm  #685

Was it laryngitis?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 20, 2013 7:11 pm  #686

Something like that. His voice was totally gone as far as I know. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 20, 2013 9:14 pm  #687

I think you can still (or already) hear it in the following (or previous) episode. His voice sounded a bit .... different then.

Last edited by Mattlocked (January 20, 2013 9:15 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 21, 2013 6:46 am  #688

Indeed.

January 21, 2013 9:30 am  #689

I always feel so sorry for the actor that had to fill in for that one... that was a huge ask but I think he did terrifically well!

On an unrelated note I love Martin when he panics. The man is a disaster area unto himself but that little stammer he does is endearing, someone should tell him... I volunteer!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 21, 2013 10:35 am  #690

Let's cheer Tom Goodman-Hill for taking on this daunting task:

http://www.imdb.de/name/nm0329259/

I have control! Control is what I have!

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 21, 2013 9:44 pm  #691

I've been spending quite a lot of time lately listening to BBC Radio and I'm enjoying it a lot. I also discovered something new and very funny (it is for me at least)..
While I was searching BBC radio schedule I noticed a programme called "Brains of Britain" and as my brain is tuned on Cabine Pressure I read "Brians of Britain" and I though it had something to do with the game on the first episode "Abu Dhabi". It didn't,but until 2002 all the question of this quiz were set by Ian Gillies that in the programme used the pseudonym of Mycroft ( "the older and wiser brother of Sherlock"). 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 21, 2013 10:01 pm  #692

So many interesting connections … the game in "Abu Dhabi" might be an allusion after all. Had never heard about "Brains of Britain". 

January 22, 2013 12:19 am  #693

When I worked in little villages in Sierra Leone back in the early 1980s, I listened to The Brain of Britain on the BBC World Service all the time.  It helped keep me connected to the rest of the world before ever there was such a thing as the internet.  After my return to the US, I continued to listen for many years.  It's a great show!  Cool about the Mycroft connection.

January 23, 2013 8:28 am  #694

Fan art for series 4 series 4: 

http://pinterest.com/cpfans/series-4-fanart/

January 23, 2013 9:02 am  #695

Brains of Britain - Brians of Britain? Now you confuse me.

January 23, 2013 9:13 am  #696

As I understand it there once was a quiz show called "Brains of Britain". And then we deduced that "Brians of Britain" might be an allusion to it. 

January 23, 2013 9:36 am  #697

Ah, learned something new again!

This one is nice I think:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBR2i3kCYAA0pEy.jpg:large

January 23, 2013 10:15 am  #698

Oh my god, that is perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 23, 2013 2:49 pm  #699

Mattlocked wrote:

Ah, learned something new again!

This one is nice I think:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBR2i3kCYAA0pEy.jpg:large

Awwww..........little Martin....           Today Vaduz, next week..... Wokingham with the Crieff  family

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 23, 2013 7:06 pm  #700

D'aww latest episode... trying not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't heard it yet.

Martin: You done good

Board footera