BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2013 8:25 pm  #641

Re: Cabin pressure

How about Walla Walla, Washington?

January 15, 2013 8:29 pm  #642

Good one.  And if it was the real Walla Walla it would be Walla Walla Walla Walla.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 15, 2013 8:31 pm  #643

Fortunately, there's no place called Cha-Cha-Cha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 16, 2013 1:25 am  #644

I got curious and actually looked up "double named places" -- turns out there's lots more (thanks Wikipedia), some of which I was familiar with and others not, among them:  Bora Bora, Pago Pago, and Puka Puka.  But my favorite on the list is: Dum Dum.  I can just hear Douglas saying that one... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 16, 2013 11:10 am  #645

Remember: 

source: icarusing.tumblr.com

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 16, 2013 11:12 am  #646

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I got curious and actually looked up "double named places" -- turns out there's lots more (thanks Wikipedia), some of which I was familiar with and others not, among them:  Bora Bora, Pago Pago, and Puka Puka.  But my favorite on the list is: Dum Dum.  I can just hear Douglas saying that one... 

You shouldn't forget  Matamata home of the hobbits

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 16, 2013 11:42 am  #647

SusiGo wrote:

Remember: 

source: icarusing.tumblr.com

Can't think of anything else since last wednesday. :-P

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 16, 2013 11:49 am  #648

Love the source name from Tumblr as well. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 16, 2013 12:00 pm  #649

Yeah, that's a great one. There are so many wonderful quotes, but the one about Icarus Removals is one of my all-time favourites.

Last edited by SusiGo (January 16, 2013 4:48 pm)

January 16, 2013 4:42 pm  #650

I just realised something. Each of the places is a letter of the alphabet! I thought they were a little random...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 16, 2013 5:07 pm  #651

Reminder set.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2013 5:49 pm  #652

Oh Molly! That's so sweet. 

I have my alarm on my mobile set for 6.25 to give myself 5 minutes prep time.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 16, 2013 6:12 pm  #653

I already had my dinner, the washing machine needs exactly 50 minutes now and I told my sister she is allowed to call in an hour.

January 16, 2013 7:03 pm  #654

Wasn't it good?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 16, 2013 7:03 pm  #655

OMG, that was brilliant! Can't get over the geese. And the bees. And the stuffed sheep. Welcome to the zoo. 

January 16, 2013 7:10 pm  #656

And the pineapple juice! And Martin and Arthur's Irish accents!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 16, 2013 7:12 pm  #657

And all the time in this episode Douglas somehow had "secrets" with Arthur.

January 16, 2013 7:15 pm  #658

Now let's have a look at John's notes for Timbuktu.

http://johnfinnemore.blogspot.de/

Last edited by Mattlocked (January 16, 2013 7:15 pm)

January 16, 2013 7:23 pm  #659

Wow, God love John, cuz I can't make head nor tail of those notes. But, it's cool to see them anyway. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

January 16, 2013 7:31 pm  #660

"He's The Master!"

Board footera