BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2013 12:15 pm  #581

Re: Cabin pressure

Enjoy Sherli! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 7, 2013 7:40 pm  #582

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 7, 2013 8:22 pm  #583

BRILLIANT!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 7, 2013 9:13 pm  #584

Awwwww....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 7, 2013 9:31 pm  #585

Oh, would have loved to be there. I definitely live in the wrong place. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2013 9:34 pm  #586

yes. I often think the same. And I speak the wrong language. Especially when I try to understand interviews.....

But, for now: I can't wait until it's wednesday !!! 

January 8, 2013 2:45 am  #587

Oh wow--it looks like iPlayer has been unblocked!  Such great news, if it holds up for the next, oh, say, three or so weeks.     I haven't caught up with listening yet but I'm not going to let that stop from accessing to Series 4 if I can do so.

And that recent report by whoever was in the audience for the taping was fun to read.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 9, 2013 3:05 am  #588

Just found info on rebroadcasts of Timbuktu!  (And I really wonder if the episode will refer in any way to the current political upheaval there.)  Here's the schedule:

-- BBC Radio 4 Wed 9 Jan 2013 at 18:30 BBC Radio 4

-- BBC Radio 4 Extra Wed 16 Jan 2013 at 07:30 BBC Radio 4 Extra

-- BBC Radio 4 Extra Wed 16 Jan 2013 at 22:00 BBC Radio 4 Extra

I should be able to listen to the broadcast at 22:00 on January 16th, which is 5:00pm Eastern time in the US.  Yippee!!!

And the next episode is entitled Uskerty.  Which I had to look up, whence I learned it's somewhere in Ireland.

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (January 9, 2013 3:06 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 9, 2013 9:25 am  #589

I wonder if the series ends on "Z" - which means only few episodes left until........................... *sob*

January 9, 2013 9:38 am  #590

Mattlocked wrote:

I wonder if the series ends on "Z" - which means only few episodes left until........................... *sob*

That's when you start on numbers...

Or a combination of letters and numbers, like a license plate.

Or failing that you just go back to 'A' but this time but instead of place names you use something else. (Don't know what, I haven't thought that far ahead yet.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 9, 2013 9:49 am  #591

What about the Phonetic Alphabet? So Arthur can exercise his memory skills: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie …  Milly Molly Mandy

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 9, 2013 10:28 am  #592

Brilliant!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 9, 2013 11:13 am  #593

Mattlocked wrote:

Apparently this series ends with "Y" and a cliffhanger. I don't think they'll do only one other episode for "Z" unless it'll be a Christmas special like "Molokai". We can just live in hope. I'm kind of used to that being a Sherlock fan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 9, 2013 11:29 am  #594

tiharoa wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Apparently this series ends with "Y" and a cliffhanger. I don't think they'll do only one other episode for "Z" unless it'll be a Christmas special like "Molokai". We can just live in hope. I'm kind of used to that being a Sherlock fan.

A cliffhanger.

*sigh*

I'm starting to think Benedict has a 'thing' for cliffhangers.

January 9, 2013 11:33 am  #595

As long as it's just a cliffhanger - and not a roofjumper.....

Cliffhangers always mean there will be moooooore. Right? 

Last edited by Mattlocked (January 9, 2013 11:34 am)

January 9, 2013 11:43 am  #596

Mattlocked wrote:

As long as it's just a cliffhanger - and not a roofjumper.....

Cliffhangers always mean there will be moooooore. Right? 

Oh my gosh......why did you say roofjumper? Now I'm envisioning every possible dramatic scenario involving Gertie falling from the sky, crashing into mountains.........

January 9, 2013 11:47 am  #597

Noooo … not again, not on CP. St. Petersburg was sufficiently dramatic, wasn't it? 

January 9, 2013 11:50 am  #598

Nooo … not again, not on CP. St. Petersburg was sufficiently dramatic, wasn't it? Dead goose and all that. 

And here's a message from Mr Finnemore:

http://johnfinnemore.blogspot.de/

Last edited by SusiGo (January 9, 2013 11:52 am)

January 9, 2013 12:00 pm  #599

Must have been some older post-its, too.... "Goose attack" "Pineapple juice"?

January 9, 2013 12:53 pm  #600

Sweeping for assassins eh!

Board footera