BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2013 9:23 pm  #561

Re: Cabin pressure

Bilbo Baggage?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 2, 2013 9:24 pm  #562

Ha!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 2, 2013 10:14 pm  #563

Gosh! John Finnemore was right all the time then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 2, 2013 10:29 pm  #564

Davina wrote:

Bilbo Baggage?

*Gigglesnort*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 3, 2013 12:40 am  #565

Hound of Baskerville was mentioned in one of the episodes. Don't remember which right now...

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 3, 2013 12:50 am  #566

Oh yeah, where they take the last letter off the end of book titles. I love that one. Three men in a boa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 3, 2013 3:45 am  #567

So... how do we listen to the new season (series) here in the States without having to wait for it come to iTunes?

Thanks!

January 3, 2013 4:41 am  #568

You'll need to shield your IP. I have a post about it somewhere here.

Correction; I've just read that BBC iplayer is NOT geo-locked; so there ya go!

Radio 4 Live
Just click on that link & it will start on whatever is being broadcast at the time.

Last edited by kazza474 (January 3, 2013 6:45 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 3, 2013 6:55 am  #569

And to help you all out even more; for those wanting to plan ahead here's a link to find out what time you need to tune in!

World Time Converter

eg. for me:

At 18:30 Hrs on
3/31/2013
1/3/2013 in London-UK* ,
the time in Brisbane-Australia is 04:30 Hrs on 1/4/2013
* Indicates that city is observing day light time.

So it's 4:30 am on the next day - Thursday.
Hmm, I feel an illness coming on; should be bad around .. oh next Thursday I believe.

One question for the Londoners/Brits; will you still be "observing day light time" then?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 3, 2013 9:00 am  #570

Not sue about I-player being available outside the UK. It sometimes even refuses to play to me with that feeble excuse although I am definitely in the UK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 3, 2013 9:02 am  #571

Works fine for me; and I'm about as far away from you as you can get on this planet.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 3, 2013 9:34 am  #572

Works fine for me, too!  Thank you Kazza!

I just wonder, do we have to choose the time for Timbuktu in the converter?? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 3, 2013 9:39 am  #573

Mattlocked wrote:

Works fine for me, too!  Thank you Kazza!

I just wonder, do we have to choose the time for Timbuktu in the converter?? 

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 3, 2013 11:52 am  #574

I think it just hates my I-player then! Good result...I listened to Johannesburg twice last night on Radio 4 extra...but they still got no further than Spain. Woof! Woof!

January 3, 2013 12:00 pm  #575

Oh--are they replaying Series 3 now?  When???  I haven't heard it yet.  Is it necessary to hear those eps before listening to Series 4?

Kazza, thanks much for the link--I get it so, no worries about hearing the show.  Except that I'll be working then...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 3, 2013 12:00 pm  #576

Thanks for reminding me.
I must remember to listen to my last CD of series 3, before next week!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 3, 2013 12:12 pm  #577

Sherli it is on I-player. Search for comedy BBC Radio 4 extra and it will pop up. Personally I would try and listen to the previous series before you listen to the new one being aired if you can- just expect very strange looks if you are in a public place!   

January 3, 2013 6:31 pm  #578

At 1:30:33 there's a CP trailer. Funny. Although I'd be a bit pissed off if I were John Finnemore. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01phkt4/Today_03_01_2013/

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 3, 2013 7:55 pm  #579

kazza474 wrote:

You'll need to shield your IP. I have a post about it somewhere here.

Correction; I've just read that BBC iplayer is NOT geo-locked; so there ya go!

Radio 4 Live
Just click on that link & it will start on whatever is being broadcast at the time.

Oh, this is great! Thank you.
I just tried it and got a series called The Cazalets, with a character named Dr. Sherlock!
It must mean something, no?

January 4, 2013 2:00 am  #580

Oh, I am wicked psyched! I am, as I write, in the process of downloading Series 3 from AudioGo (well, actually, now it's finished). I'd always hesitated on downloading the show from Audible.com, which was seemingly all that was available to me here in the US as far as I could make out, but the imminent arrival of Series 4 along with Davina's recommendation to listen to the previous episodes beforehand and others' mention that they could receive Radio 4 and iPlayer without problem (although they are different entities) prompted me to go to the CP website. Whereupon I found Series 3 available from AudioGo for only £2.99/US$4.19, which inspired me to give it a try. (Because that was a lot cheaper than previously and if something went wrong, it wouldn't be a big deal.) And--it worked! All eps now in my iTunes library, ready for me to listen and enjoy. Only thing is, I have to finish listening to Series 2 first. Oh, what a tedious chore--NOT!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

Board footera