BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2013 8:54 am  #541

Re: Cabin pressure

Oh you going to Shetland?  We used to live there and my daughter was born there!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 1, 2013 11:00 am  #542

So the first episode is not far away huh? First one sounds interesting, everyone can revise their knowledge of Birling Day!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 1, 2013 11:15 am  #543

besleybean wrote:

Oh you going to Shetland?  We used to live there and my daughter was born there!

I remember, I like going there in winter, but I try to avoid Up Helly Aa Day. It's just to much excitement for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 1, 2013 11:19 am  #544

Some of the smaller Up Helly Aa's are better than the main event...but that's not til the end of the month, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 1, 2013 11:36 am  #545

Yeah... but leaving from Austria I can't get to Skerries the same day, and finding accomodation in Lerwick during that period is close to impossible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 1, 2013 11:56 am  #546

I am away to la belle France for a week in January! What am I going to do about the missed episode? I-player had better cooperate!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 1, 2013 4:28 pm  #547

Anyone know if the broadcasts will be repeated on the radio at some point?  I will be working at 18:30 on Wednesdays so won't be able to listen to the shows at that time.  I don't get iPlayer here in the US so need to be able to listen to the episodes via an actual radio braodcast.  (I think.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 1, 2013 4:44 pm  #548

They are usually repeated at some time later on in the week. I'll do some legwork and see what I can find out for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 1, 2013 4:57 pm  #549

At the moment the schedules are only set until Saturday 12th January. I will keep checking and will let you know here as soon as I find any repeats scheduled. I hope you all have your Tallisker ready! 

Last edited by Davina (January 1, 2013 4:59 pm)

January 1, 2013 8:55 pm  #550

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Anyone know if the broadcasts will be repeated on the radio at some point?  I will be working at 18:30 on Wednesdays so won't be able to listen to the shows at that time.  I don't get iPlayer here in the US so need to be able to listen to the episodes via an actual radio braodcast.  (I think.)

Thanks for the info. Had a heck of a time doing the conversions to see what time that is in my corner of the globe. Numbers are not my thing.    I'll be at work when it airs too Sherli, but I work alone quite a bit, so unless I get a customer or something, I can hopefully take a half hour, connect successfully and be able to enjoy it.  I'm in the US too Sherli and I've been able to use iPlayer, which is an actual radio broadcast as far as I can tell. I'm sure you can get repeats on it too, if they're available, but I think you can listen live too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

January 1, 2013 9:09 pm  #551

Just found this on tumblr. Posted 8 months ago, but so lovely and funny written!

http://thepudupudu.tumblr.com/post/22124178531/this-is-roger-allam-or-rather-douglas

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 1, 2013 10:52 pm  #552

Thanks, Davina.

Harleyq: The 18:30 was GMT/UTC time.  On the East Coast of the US, the broadcast time is 1:30pm.  If I can access iPlayer, I will be very happy--I'll give it a try and see.

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (January 1, 2013 10:53 pm)

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 1, 2013 10:57 pm  #553

Mattlocked wrote:

Just found this on tumblr. Posted 8 months ago, but so lovely and funny written!

http://thepudupudu.tumblr.com/post/22124178531/this-is-roger-allam-or-rather-douglas

Just read it... aww. 

I sympathise with suffering from 'foot-in-mouth'. And I loved the account of the photograph. It's great when actors do that... thing. That 'total shift into someone else' thing. And it is as frightening as it sounds when you see someone else doing it. Sometimes you feel like performing an exorcism on them. 

Very nice find, Mattlocked, thank you for sharing. 

I am so excited about the new series that it has been the first thing I have written into my new calendar. Before dental appointments, castings and family gatherings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 2, 2013 3:26 pm  #554

Love this:

source: brett96.tumblr.com

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 2, 2013 4:09 pm  #555

Ahahah, love it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 2, 2013 5:30 pm  #556

Another reference this series? 

January 2, 2013 6:02 pm  #557

Davina wrote:

Another reference this series? 

I certainly hope so.

January 2, 2013 6:28 pm  #558

Let them come, John. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 2, 2013 7:14 pm  #559

In the same episode (Paris) Arthur says at first that Martin is Miss Marple (well, then, that Douglas is Miss Marple)  so he's hinting at "Murder is easy". I don't know well enough Cole or Allam work. Did you spot other references?
Maybe there'll be something about Parade's End or Star Trek this time.

Last edited by tiharoa (January 2, 2013 7:17 pm)

January 2, 2013 7:19 pm  #560

Or the Hobbit... not too much of a stretch seeing as Martin is meant to be short.

Board footera