BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2012 6:52 am  #521

Re: Cabin pressure

Don't worry, Sherli, I embarrassed myself in the public more than once when listening to CP but it's worth it. I'm sure you'll love them all. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 18, 2012 8:28 am  #522

Just wait for the 'real' cabin announcements. I defy you not to have mild hysterics once you have heard any of the series. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 18, 2012 11:42 am  #523

Davina wrote:

I defy you not to have mild hysterics once you have heard any of the series. 

I have heard some--three, to be exact.  That's how I know I have to be careful to try and laugh quietly.  Not sure I'll manage that, though.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 18, 2012 12:02 pm  #524

Just listened to Gdansk for the umpteenth time. Gesundheit! 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 18, 2012 12:16 pm  #525

So you are one of those annoying people wearing headphones outside all the time.... 
I will give CP to my sister for Christmas. She's mildly infected already, but I'm trying to make her real CRAZY! 

Last edited by Mattlocked (December 18, 2012 12:16 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 18, 2012 12:34 pm  #526

I even listen to it in the supermarket. But not today, today I had my iPod in the car. 

December 18, 2012 1:53 pm  #527

I bough the "3 seasons box set + molokai" to give as a present to the pilots of my favourite airline. I hope they will enjoy it and not think I'm implying anything insulting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

December 18, 2012 7:00 pm  #528

tiharoa wrote:

I bough the "3 seasons box set + molokai" to give as a present to the pilots of my favourite airline. I hope they will enjoy it and not think I'm implying anything insulting.

You should put a sticker like this    onto the box, maybe......

December 26, 2012 10:40 pm  #529

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 27, 2012 1:46 am  #530

I would pay good money to see Benedict Cumberbatch fluffing his lines and having a bit of a swear. I mean it. Real money, lots of it, for that one privilege.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 27, 2012 8:16 am  #531

Thanks for the link. This is hilarious. I can just picture them.

Last edited by Davina (December 27, 2012 8:16 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 27, 2012 8:36 am  #532

Gosh, I'd love to be there only once! 

December 27, 2012 5:07 pm  #533

So would I!! It's a shame they don't videotape them and sell that along with the audio, they'd make a killing. Just a little marketing idea for the bbc. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 31, 2012 3:22 pm  #534

Just found this...

December 31, 2012 3:34 pm  #535

He's so funny! I got a Dear John letter from him (well not that kind of Dear John letter but it was from John, and he Is a dear. Actually, it was an e.mail, not an actual letter...where was I? Oh yes. He is doing one more practise run-through thingy for Cabin Pressure this Wednesday. Sadly, the Gods are against me as I have to run my daughter back to college Wednesday evening so I cannot go.    It isn't with the whole cast, just him and some mates. I would have liked to have gone though. 

December 31, 2012 3:59 pm  #536

Got that mail, too, and cannot go, either. I told him I'm unfortunately still living in Germany. 

Just found this on youtube, reg. a book called "lemons and landmarks"
Really lovely!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5TlMzGKhUg

more here:

http://fuckyeahjohnfinnemore.tumblr.com/post/38388034068/lemons-and-landmarks-important-book-pdf-update

December 31, 2012 5:50 pm  #537

Mnemosyne wrote:

I would pay good money to see Benedict Cumberbatch fluffing his lines and having a bit of a swear. I mean it. Real money, lots of it, for that one privilege.

I thought about going to London and try to bribe one of the lucky °@* #!ç  who won the tickets. I could have broken my piggybank and come up with close to 1k quids.
But then probably no one would have been open to bribes. I wouldn't. .

December 31, 2012 8:41 pm  #538

tiharoa wrote:

Mnemosyne wrote:

I thought about going to London and try to bribe one of the lucky °@*� #!ç  who won the tickets. I could have broken my piggybank and come up with close to 1k quids.
But then probably no one would have been open to bribes. I wouldn't. .

I am also rather jealous I couldn't be in the audience.

I am, however, happy to hear all the accurate accounts that are also deliciously spoiler free.

Anyone know when it's set to broadcast?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 31, 2012 10:37 pm  #539

I think it's the 9th of January. My Mum's birthday, actually!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 1, 2013 8:33 am  #540

Starting the 9th of January at  6.30pm  for six weeks.     AGHRR! I just checked the calendar and the last Wednesday 13th of February I'm going to be on the 5.45pm flight from Edimburgh to Sumburgh arriving there at 7.15.  Sobs ...heartbroken...

Board footera