BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 12, 2012 9:47 pm  #441

Re: Cabin pressure

I assume they put up a link to get tickets, at the appropriate time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 12, 2012 9:58 pm  #442

besleybean wrote:

I assume they put up a link to get tickets, at the appropriate time.

Thanks, besleybean... and the appropriate time would be... like a month in advance? Or later? Or sooner? Aaaaaaaagh I want to go!! I need to listen to Roger Allam in person, God...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

November 12, 2012 9:59 pm  #443

Rest assured the fandom grapevine will go into operation and somebody will post on here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 12, 2012 10:03 pm  #444

besleybean wrote:

Rest assured the fandom grapevine will go into operation and somebody will post on here.

That would be great. We should try to get all the Cabin Pressure addicted of this forum together and make a party and go!!

Yay!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

November 12, 2012 10:05 pm  #445

Hopefully John will flag something up on his Twitter account or on his blog. The BBC tickets are free but I have a nasty feeling that you are not absolutely assured entrance even with tickets. Will keep 'stalking' and will let you know whenever I see/hear anything about them. I would also LOVE to go to one of the recordings but I know they will be vastly oversubscribed now. It will be a while yet though as he is still finishing writing the next series.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 12, 2012 10:12 pm  #446

Davina, we need to do it... Imagine, what a perfect place to finally meet you!!

November 13, 2012 1:40 am  #447

Irene Adler wrote:

Ok, does anyone know what does one need to do in order to attend one of the recordings? Anyone in London that wants to try and go with me? I need to do this kind of things now that I can!!

I check everyday on the BBC website (just in case...). You can google "BBC Be in the audience". I hope to get a ticket for the recordings this time. It's true that they give away more tickets than the available seats but if you get there very early you should be able to get in.
BTW there is a show "Mark Steel's in town: Ottery St. Mary" already fully booked 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

November 13, 2012 6:44 am  #448

Mark Steel is cool.

November 13, 2012 4:33 pm  #449

If you don't tweet you can also check here from time to time:
http://johnfinnemore.blogspot.de/
Or here:
http://john_finnemore.webs.com/
I'm sure there will be a post immediately when he has news about CP.
At the moment you can see that series 1 is currently being repeated on Radio 4

Same time he's testing the new episodes with audience in a pub in London these days; but without the rest of the cast.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 13, 2012 5:29 pm  #450

Sadly the pub is too far away for me to easily (or even not so easily) get to, so I didn't apply for tickets for this, although I would have loved to have gone.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 13, 2012 5:31 pm  #451

Would love to hear him doing all voices. I bet he won't be able to do a Douglas.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 13, 2012 6:35 pm  #452

You all who live so close are so lucky. I would love to be able to get to hear a live taping of Cabin Pressure, though I imagine it's much more challenging to get in these days. I wish you all the best of luck though and you'll have to tell us all about it, if and when you get in. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 13, 2012 6:44 pm  #453

Yes, I envy all of you who can visit these wonderful events: Cheltenham, CP recordings, woodwind concerts with Benedict narrating, The Game is On, etc., etc. Couldn't we get a least a German Star Trek or Hobbit premiere with ALL the actors present? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 13, 2012 6:49 pm  #454

SusiGo wrote:

Couldn't we get a least a German Star Trek or Hobbit premiere with ALL the actors present? 

...and all the German dubbing voices on the red carpet as well?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 13, 2012 7:23 pm  #455

Not necessarily. The actors would be enough. 

November 13, 2012 7:32 pm  #456

Where, WHERE is that pub??????

November 13, 2012 8:11 pm  #457

You can subscribe here http://tinyletter.com/johnfinnemore .
If it's not finished, yet, you might get an e-mail with some more information.
But I'm afraid even for those "tests" without Ben exist loooong waiting lists already.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 13, 2012 10:24 pm  #458

The pub is in Kilburn which is north London Irene. Sadly I worked it out and though I would get there ok I would miss my last train home this end on the way back. 

November 13, 2012 11:51 pm  #459

Irene Adler wrote:

Ok, does anyone know what does one need to do in order to attend one of the recordings? Anyone in London that wants to try and go with me? I need to do this kind of things now that I can!!

Do you live in London now??? When did that happen? Must have missed it, lol.

Anyway, we should totally meet up, I'm there all the time. Well, nearly all the time...pretty regularly.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 14, 2012 1:09 am  #460

Irene Adler wrote:

Where, WHERE is that pub??????

Thirsty, are we?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

Board footera