BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 3, 2012 2:08 pm  #421

Re: Cabin pressure

Ah, okay... Well, although we have/use smileys here and there it really can be a problem sometimes to understand people's written words because you cannot see their faces, right? And maybe you are just not as obsessed as Susi and I are (am?) .
Hope you didn't feel offended now in a way. It's all just irony.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 3, 2012 2:13 pm  #422

No, I'm just odd.  I know it and it doesn't bother me.  I never fall out with anybody else, but maybe you can guess how popular I am on sites?! Tho I do find this hugely ironic, in the Sherlock fandom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 3, 2012 2:22 pm  #423

I never have been really "popular", either. My problem is: I tried to be very hard for a looong time. Meanwhile I learned a bit and try not to care what other people might think about me. My mum is 74 now and she still does. Makes her life really hard and complicated sometimes. That's sad.

November 3, 2012 3:14 pm  #424

Yep.  I must confess, the older I get, the less I care.  I think it's about getting one's priorities right...
Ahem, says she who spends he life on Sherlock fan sites! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 3, 2012 3:30 pm  #425

besleybean wrote:

Looks like a rather large, busy office or shop.

How about this version, then?

Now we can all be friends again?

November 3, 2012 3:32 pm  #426

We never weren't, dear. 
Just ignore me...

November 3, 2012 3:39 pm  #427

I know. That's why I put the smiley face.

November 3, 2012 3:43 pm  #428

November 3, 2012 3:48 pm  #429

veecee wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Looks like a rather large, busy office or shop.

How about this version, then?

Now we can all be friends again?

Hm... is this another version than the one posted before?
Now I think it's me who doesn't get it...

Beasley, it's very important to get to know one's priorities in life.... like: Sherlock,... Sherlock.... and... Martin. 
Oh, and not to forget Moriarty of course!! 

November 3, 2012 3:53 pm  #430

I jsut cropped out everything but the sign to make it easier to imagine on Gertie.

Last edited by veecee (November 3, 2012 3:53 pm)

November 3, 2012 3:54 pm  #431

I love Cabin Pressure, but I confess I don't quite have the obsession with Martin that some Sherlockians do...I rather like John Finnemore, tho!

November 3, 2012 3:56 pm  #432

Yes. And Douglas. I like Douglas a lot!

November 3, 2012 3:56 pm  #433

John (Arthur) is adorable. I've also listened to something else of his that was posted on this forum -- a murder mystery. Very funny and clever.

Last edited by veecee (November 3, 2012 3:56 pm)

November 3, 2012 3:57 pm  #434

He is brilliant!(Ha!)

November 3, 2012 3:58 pm  #435

A while ago I listened to a ghost story he did for his Souvenir program. SO funny!!

November 3, 2012 4:31 pm  #436

The Now Show is back on BBC Radio 4 next week and John is a fairly regular contributor and occasional guest on this programme. I agree. He is lovely and brilliant! The ghost story on his Souvenir Programme was hysterical, as was the goldfish sketch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 10, 2012 11:32 am  #437

John Finnemore is still writing series 4 of Cabin Pressure. He doesn't live in a cabin (well I don't think he does) but he does seem to be under a bit of pressure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 10, 2012 4:20 pm  #438

That's great news! Looking forward to some new adventures with my favorite airline crew. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 10, 2012 4:38 pm  #439

That's brilliant. Can't wait.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 12, 2012 9:44 pm  #440

Ok, does anyone know what does one need to do in order to attend one of the recordings? Anyone in London that wants to try and go with me? I need to do this kind of things now that I can!!

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

Board footera