BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2012 7:16 am  #341

Re: Cabin pressure

Yes, I'm sometimes very sad because of Martin, too. He's such a nice guy and he just doesn't deserve not being paid and constantly made fun of and being humiliated by Douglas - although it's very funny. I like it when he can beat Carolyn by reciting all seven dwarves.  And when Douglas for once is in the wrong when leaving the car keys in the piano.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 19, 2012 7:14 pm  #342

October 19, 2012 7:33 pm  #343

Yellow Car! 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 19, 2012 7:36 pm  #344

To quote Jim: Well done you!

How many of the rest of you can spot it?

October 19, 2012 7:47 pm  #345

Yep! But it'd have been difficult if you hadn't point it out. I usually go for the easier ones. Every day around noon the postman comes by  with his....... Yellow car!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

October 19, 2012 8:04 pm  #346

tiharoa wrote:

Yep! But it'd have been difficult if you hadn't point it out. I usually go for the easier ones. Every day around noon the postman comes by  with his....... Yellow car!!!

Yeah, I deleted the clue.

October 20, 2012 7:30 am  #347

I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling sympathy with Martin  .

tiharoa wrote:

I usually listen to Cabin Pressure when I drive from Austria to Italy (my excuse being  that so many tunnels make impossible listen to the radio). Anyway, sometimes
there's a police checking point at the border, looking for people without the vignette. Last time they stopped me I was at the point when, after being humiliated by Douglas for not being paid, Martin asks a pay raise ......the policeman said to me "You're crying...." . Ha! As if I didn't know. I had tears streaming down my face and  couldn't stop, so embarassing.
I babbled something about forgetting to change the air condition filter and pollen allergies, blew my nose several times and tried not to laugh as the episode continued.
I know it's kind of ridiculous but I cry everytime, it makes me feel like patting him on the back "there....there"  and taking him out for dinner. 
And I do think they should split the paycheck, he did land Gertie with only an engine didn't he?

Your story is so touching  .
I hope he will be paid some day, as he's constantly making progress! And I liked the series, I don't remember the title though, when Martin and Author were driving somewhere without Douglas and Martin was so wise to solve arisen troubles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

October 20, 2012 8:21 am  #348

Oh, that's Douz, one of my favourites, when they are in the Sahara. They get stuck under the bridge and Martin lets the air out of the tyres so that they can drive through. I love this episode. 

October 20, 2012 11:26 am  #349

I remembered at last, it was  "Johannesburg"  .
It's one of my favourites too. And the song they sing together while driving is so funny 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

October 20, 2012 11:59 am  #350

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, that's Douz, one of my favourites, when they are in the Sahara. They get stuck under the bridge and Martin lets the air out of the tyres so that they can drive through. I love this episode. 

I think Douz it's the one with the fire truck and the cricket team where they end up driving the plane on the highway.
Martin and Arthur get stuck under the bridge in Spain and poor Martin ends up crushing his sunglasses  in "Johannesburg.
I love all the episodes, I think I'm going to stay in London in December during the time they record the new series hoping to get a ticket.
I'm sure it'd be more rewarding then the Hobbit Premiere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 20, 2012 12:33 pm  #351

Oh, yes, you're right. But I love Douz nevertheless. I'd love to see a recording of CP. Good luck for you. 

October 21, 2012 12:02 pm  #352

I've posted this photo in another thread but it is too lovely not to post here. A baby otter...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 21, 2012 12:15 pm  #353

Davina wrote:

I've posted this photo in another thread but it is too lovely not to post here. A baby otter...

Aw, it's really cute. I have a personal connection to otters because I wrote my diploma thesis about mink which are close relatives of them. The study was conducted in a zoo which is keeping predominantly otters, so I learned a lot about them. They are really intelligent and playful and fun to watch. As long as they are not in the flight deck, of course.

Last edited by QuiteExtraordinary (October 21, 2012 12:16 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 21, 2012 12:20 pm  #354

But heaven is full of otters. 

October 21, 2012 12:42 pm  #355

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Davina wrote:

Aw, it's really cute. I have a personal connection to otters because I wrote my diploma thesis about mink which are close relatives of them. The study was conducted in a zoo which is keeping predominantly otters, so I learned a lot about them. They are really intelligent and playful and fun to watch. As long as they are not in the flight deck, of course.

I became passionate about otters when I was a child. Where I use to live there where many otters, although of the more elusive kind. They then disappeared due to the increasing pollution of waterways.  Now I go often otter spotting in Scotland even if that involves being cold, wet and often covered in mud (not in ottery kisses). I believe they're.... brilliant!
Sea otters are really a delight to watch either froliching in water or playing in the snow.
Ottery St.Mary 

October 21, 2012 12:46 pm  #356

I have only seen them in the wild when I lived in Shetland.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 21, 2012 12:52 pm  #357

besleybean wrote:

I have only seen them in the wild when I lived in Shetland.

Well, of course Yell is my favourite place for otter spotting. I didn't know you lived there.

October 21, 2012 2:26 pm  #358

I haven't heard Ottery St. Mary (haven't bought the episodes yet) but I just read that that's the birthplace of Samuel Taylor Coleridge.  Is that mentioned in the episode?  Here's the site where I learned this:

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/samuel-taylor-coleridge-is-born?et_cid=48026676&et_rid=810234944&linkid=http%3a%2f%2fwww.history.com%2fthis-day-in-history%2fsamuel-taylor-coleridge-is-born

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

October 21, 2012 2:30 pm  #359

I lived in Shetland for 5 years.  My daughter was born there and is very proud of the fact!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 21, 2012 3:26 pm  #360

besleybean wrote:

I lived in Shetland for 5 years.  My daughter was born there and is very proud of the fact!

WOW!   I'd be proud too.....  I hope you didn't have to be airlifted from any of the smaller islands during a storm.

Board footera