BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2012 8:38 pm  #301

Re: Cabin pressure

Davina wrote:

Then I went onto e.bay and found stickpins and fridge magnets for Cabin Pressure. (You can even buy real, authentic cabin pressure instruments from real aircraft on there!) I am sooooo tempted to buy at least one, even though they, ironically, come all the way from the USA. E.bay also has some t-shirts with yellow cars on them.

Or you could make something out of this fabric:

Last edited by veecee (October 6, 2012 8:39 pm)

October 6, 2012 9:10 pm  #302

Yellow Car! Yellow Car!

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 6, 2012 9:46 pm  #303

Crap! You were quicker than me.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 6, 2012 9:48 pm  #304

You can have the next one. I'm going to bed now.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 7, 2012 11:21 am  #305

Any news on series 4? I have been so disconnected from the internet lately that I don't know if there's any news about it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

October 7, 2012 11:45 am  #306

No news yet. I'm 'stalking' John Finnemore (in the nicest possible way you understand) and will post immediately I hear anything. You might enjoy his 'Souvenir Programme' on BBC Radio 4 extra (& I-player). It has me ISPs mild hysterics the other day. It is soooooo funny!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 7, 2012 3:43 pm  #307

NW16XE wrote:

veecee wrote:

Charm available at Macy's.

Go ahead. Say it. Yellow car!

Want one! Now I'm wondering how many Sherlock/Cabin Pressure/BC's-work-in-general related charms I could find.

I should have mentioned for the non-Americans that Macy's is a giant department store chain. I checked their website, and couldn't find this necklace/charm, so I guess you have to go to the store to get one. And say "yellow car" when you see it.

But I did find two charms loosely connected to Sherlock. Maybe I'll put them on one of those threads.

October 8, 2012 1:10 pm  #308

The lemon is in play:

October 8, 2012 1:30 pm  #309

Miffed fans and a put out Mr. Finnemore as a Radio 4 announcer (doofus!) refers to the programme as Cabin Fever. I've heard that Carolyn is unhappy about it too! Be scared Radio 4 announcer. Be very scared!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 8, 2012 1:47 pm  #310

Warning: This is funny only for German speaking persons. Couldn't resist to have FB translate a little dialogue:

DOUGLAS: Because it was a secret, Arthur, and you are, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst liar in the world.
ARTHUR: I’m not!
DOUGLAS: All right, answer this question with a lie: what’s your name?
ARTHUR: Arth...nuld Man, uh, Cat...su...man.
DOUGLAS: Arthnuld Manacatsuman?
ARTHUR: Yeah.
DOUGLAS: That’s an unusual name. Tell me, is it made up?
ARTHUR: Yes, it is. Oh!

DOUGLAS: Weil es ein Geheimnis war, Arthur und Sie sind, ohne einen Schatten
des Zweifels, der schlimmsten Lügner der Welt.
ARTHUR: Ich bin nicht!
DOUGLAS: alles in Ordnung, beantworten Sie diese Frage mit einer Lüge: Was ist Ihr Name?
ARTHUR: Arth... Nuld Mann, äh, Cat...su... Man.
DOUGLAS: Arthnuld Manacatsuman?
ARTHUR: Ja.
DOUGLAS: Das ist ein ungewöhnlicher Name. Sag mir, er besteht?
ARTHUR: Ja, es ist. Oh! (Übersetzt von Bing)

October 8, 2012 2:56 pm  #311

Oh yes, translation programs are fun, aren't they?? 

Oh ja, Übersetzungsprogramme Spaß sind, sind sie nicht? (übersetzt von Babelfish)

And as I had problems to understand Davina's post I put it into Babelfish, too.
Now I understand even less:

Miffed Fans und ein von Mr. Finnemore als Radio 4 Ansager (doofus!) legte bezieht sich auf das Programm als Cabin Fever. Ich habe gehört, dass Carolyn unglücklich darüber ist! Angst Radio 4 Ansagerin werden. Seien Sie sehr Angst

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 8, 2012 3:00 pm)

October 8, 2012 4:17 pm  #312

What don't you understand?? Cabin Pressure fans being cross? John Finnemore being cross (a bit)? The announcer (yes it was a lady) being a doofus (good old Moriarty)? Or Carolyn being very, very scary? And that the announcer should be very scared. (Yes, I know Carolyn is a fictitious character! Lol)  
Because it is called Cabin Pressure and NOT Cabin Fever!

Last edited by Davina (October 8, 2012 4:22 pm)

October 8, 2012 4:29 pm  #313

Sorry, I didn't understand it either. But now I've got it. Must be my age. The little grey cells working slower and slower. 

October 8, 2012 4:29 pm  #314

I understand, I understand! For some sentences people post it's the "whole thing" or the context which I don't get sometimes.
But then I look up some words and the rest............. is.............. DEDUCTION. 

No problem at all, thank you Davina!

October 8, 2012 8:15 pm  #315

You are welcome.

October 9, 2012 2:18 am  #316

I know it's old hat to some of you, but I have just heard the Ottery episode for the first time. Still laughing. And getting a lot of the jokes on the forum better, too.

Also, SPOILER ALERT, I'm sure you've all already had a good laugh at Big Martin thinking Little Martin is asking him out on a date in view of all the Sherlock/John misunderstandings. There are some other such things, which I can't think of right now, but I'm sure you've already covered them somewhere in this thread.

October 9, 2012 6:30 am  #317

The thing is, at least for me, I have to laugh even more when listening to the episodes again and again...
Reminds me to send more to my sister; managed to addict her finally. Well, maybe I should let her wait another week......... 

October 9, 2012 9:11 pm  #318

Planning to listen again while driving to another state over Thanksgiving (late November holiday).

Maybe there should be a separate thread for people newer to Cabin Pressure, like me.

SPOILER ALERT: I'm just to the point where they may have to sell Gertie, and I don't know how it turns out yet.

October 9, 2012 9:13 pm  #319

OH, that one made me really, really sad.... 

October 9, 2012 9:16 pm  #320

Very dramatic episode. But isn't this the last one, St. Petersburg? So you should be quite advanced.

You could make up a thread like CP For Beginners. 

Board footera