BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2012 9:15 am  #1

David Burke on Watson and various interpretations of SH

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 19, 2012 4:28 pm  #2

Re: David Burke on Watson and various interpretations of SH

The article reads like Burke is politely saying the version he was in was the best and most faithful to ACD and that any other version will never be good enough or as accurate as his.  I don't think something needs to be a stickler for all the minute details or a replica or a clone of an original to be considered a faithful reproduction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 19, 2012 5:46 pm  #3

Re: David Burke on Watson and various interpretations of SH

well  david burke only  did  TWO  seasons  with JB,  and Edward Hardwicke  did the rest  of them.   So  How can he say  that at all?

Oh.   I  just read the article.   He meant that his version was more of ACD's victorian period,  while the 2 or three modern ones  were not.   and oooohhh  the article refereed to cumberbatch as a what?   ooohhh...and cumberbatch said that JB  was a family friend!!  I didn't know that.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 19, 2012 5:54 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera