BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2012 3:28 am  #21

Re: How do you browse the forum?

oh yes there've been a few but that's all the fun. We see it as therapy.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 25, 2012 3:12 am  #22

At this point in time I am visiting less often due to the difficulty with actually typing and/or reading and have thusly made up my mind to either reduce this forum to a non-event or help create a cleaner experience via assistence with the removal of stated problem.

I have t admit it is highly infuriating to not be able to communicate clearly and concisely.

Sorry for venting.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 25, 2012 3:21 am  #23

m0r1arty wrote:

At this point in time I am visiting less often due to the difficulty with actually typing and/or reading and have thusly made up my mind to either reduce this forum to a non-event or help create a cleaner experience via assistence with the removal of stated problem.

I have t admit it is highly infuriating to not be able to communicate clearly and concisely.

Sorry for venting.

-m0r

That sucks because I can't offer any advice as I haven't had a problem yet. I've really never had issues in any forum that I can remember. Maybe Admin can contact BoardHost & they may have some suggestions? Similarly maybe you could contact them direct & explain in detail the problem.

I'd hate to lose you as a member over some silly glitch.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 25, 2012 7:18 am  #24

As you know m0r the likelihood of me having the technical know-how to sort this is well...non-existent. I have also been having a few glitches e.g. Speed of loading the pages and sometimes them just freezing. Occasionally the pages slide back to one point (as it were) all the time. The typing thing did start to happen to me but seems (hopefully) to have rectified itself. Sometimes also when I write a reply it gets lost in cyberspace and I end up having to rewrite it or it locks and I have to request it to resend and then I end up with the same reply posted twice. One other thing, the little Sherlock icon is against threads which have new postings that I haven't read. I think the problem is when I lose Internet connection.

It sounds as if the problems you are having are even worse though. I really hope you can get it sorted.

But...in the words of John Watson... 'do this for me m0r1arty (alright he said Sherlock...obviously). One more miracle.' Please don't leave us! 

If you can, in some way, help to clear up this problem (and we don't know how general it is) that would be wonderful. I, and I am sure many others, are missing your posts and know-how.

Last edited by Davina (June 25, 2012 7:25 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 4, 2012 4:26 pm  #25

I miss you, mor 

Please, come back

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 4, 2012 4:28 pm  #26

I'm sure he'll be back soon, Irene, he's probably just bombing some place and is a little preoccupied!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 4, 2012 5:04 pm  #27

Molly Hooper wrote:

I'm sure he'll be back soon, Irene, he's probably just bombing some place and is a little preoccupied!

I hope so, Molly dear. What would The Whip Hand do without her Consulting Criminal?

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 5, 2012 12:10 pm  #28

I always use the "Receive e-mail notification" and it works! Pages are downloaded fast and there's no technical problems.

The only thing I wish there were a possibility to change the forum's theme colour. I don't know how it feels to the rest of the users but this dark colour theme and white font really hurt my eyes .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

Board footera