BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2012 5:46 am  #1

How do you browse the forum?

DO you start at the index & go through the sections?
Or do you use the recent topic link?
Or do you have a certain section yo go to first?

Me? I have the recent topics link as my saved link to here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 5:49 am  #2

Re: How do you browse the forum?

I do a bit of both and if I've been away for a large amount of time I'll do 'New posts since last visit'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 19, 2012 6:00 am  #3

I use sherlock's bread crumbs to find my way around.   

Seriously,  I  use the index,  and I look for new topics posted in.   If  I  don't find anything,  I  click on my profile,  and then I click on  where it says to show all my posts.   I  usually go to the games section first,  then I wander around the show topics,  and then....well,  the sky's the limit,  right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 19, 2012 6:07 am  #4

lol I'm impatient, I want to see everything posted since I ws lat here so always use the recent posts one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 6:17 am  #5

well  I  would expect nothing less from you,  kazza,  since you are a mod here after all.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 19, 2012 6:50 am  #6

I started off using the Index but once I realized how long it was going to take me to read through every thread, I started clicking on the link for posts since my last visit.  And when I click on it in the morning after eight or so hours, there's usually two pages worth of posts.  So if I respond to something and then hit the Back button, sometimes after a while that no longer works and I have to resort to the Index again.  I'm never going to catch up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 19, 2012 6:51 am  #7

Tell me about it!
I get online sometimes & it takes ages to get through the newest posts, lol.

I nearly posted one day " Will you lot slow down please.? I can't check everything out this fast!"

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 7:06 am  #8

Thank the gods I'm on vacation now!    So much for cleaning my home: Boring!  Got way better things to do with my time... 

And apparently sleep isn't one of them...  Gotta get offa here!!!  (G'night!)

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (June 19, 2012 7:08 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 19, 2012 7:57 am  #9

Because I am relatively new, there are still lots of discussions that I have not read. So I would go by section and read all the threads that interest me.

June 19, 2012 9:00 am  #10

I normally always check the Recent Posts link....but if I haven't been on for a while I'll run through each individual section.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 19, 2012 10:11 am  #11

I do what you do kazoo. When I come to the site it directly shows me the new posts. Then I just check the ones that interest me. When I've read all the interesting ones, I press "mark all topics read" and swipe the slate clean.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 20, 2012 1:41 am  #12

I've become so addicted to this site I find I get totally frustrated knowing there are topics and threads and conversations going on all over the place that I want to jump in on but I'll never find in time and by the time I do  others have said the things I wanted to say so my ideas aren't new any more and then I scan the index and then I scan new posts and then I want to see if someone responded to something I wrote but I can't remember what thread I put it on so I have to go searching through my own posts and start from there and then I'm worried anything I say might already have been said on another thread and people will find it boring to hear the same stuff over and over and then I'm trying to follow a thread and then I see some links someone has posted and so I follow the links to other websites and get engrossed there and start to follow more links and then my housework doesn't get done and I forget to go out and exercise, and my husband gets neglected, and maybe my boss is gonna find out how much time I spend on this site and I'm gonna get fired...........okay deep breaths, coming up for air now. Yup, that's how I browse this forum,,,,nothing to it

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 20, 2012 1:53 am  #13

That's one big ass sentence, KeepersPrice. You're supposed to scatter those periods all over the place, like a pinch of salt on a fish dish. I'm joking of course.

I know what you mean. There's a lot of new topics and posts I've yet to read but I'm waiting for my season 1 DVD before I start reading the stuff concerning the episodes. This place really is quite active with its mere 200 inmates. It's impressive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 20, 2012 2:55 am  #14

um,  what KeepersPrice said.   wow. 

June 20, 2012 3:42 am  #15

Hmm, very insightful.
I used to enjoy reading the recent posts first & then browsing through a whole section one day , say I might look at all the Benedict threads & follow links & check things I may have missed. Sometimes I'd just open up the links in a new tab & keep going on teh forum & sit back & digest the articles later.
Then I got hit with a mod stick & the membership started booming .....

But occasionally I still go through some old stuff, because some of it was & still is interesting & newcomers are asking about similar things that I know we have discussed before.

And every now & then I see an old post of mine with some ludicrous, since-negated theory & think " What was I thinking?"

By the time series 3 arrives, I would have self analysed myself threefold.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 20, 2012 9:47 am  #16

I check my emails to see if there has been any action on topics I have subscribed to, then check them out (does no-one else do this?) then I generally browse around at random. I look to see if we have new members and say hello, then see what news stories have been posted, then potter about. there is always something interesting to read, so time flies and then I have to go to bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 20, 2012 10:37 am  #17

I follow kazza around. Where she goes I go

Seriously, I browse around in all ways. There is so much content here and fascinating stuff in each nook and cranny.  Lately since I have read most of it..I just look at new posts since my last visit

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 20, 2012 10:49 am  #18

I think I tried the "notify me when someone posts to this topic" but I never get an email.  So either I did something wrong or the email is blocked by some kind of firewall since it's my work address.  Oh well.  Thwarted by technology again......

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 20, 2012 10:52 am  #19

I use the "notify me when...." feature on one topic only and it's worked for me.

June 23, 2012 3:17 am  #20

Oh dear, you lot are so funny  here.  KP  that was the longest sentence I  have ever read.   Kazza,  you are a mod here,  do  you check for ...erm.  spammy  stuff and  evilness?  cos I can never find it.  So,  you are doing an awesome job here, with your mod stick.  You  and Davina and Sherlock.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera