BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2012 9:11 pm  #1

Hello, everyone!

Hello all, I'm from New Jersey in the USA.  I work in NYC every day.  I am relatively new to Sherlock fandom and am working my way through the canon.  I downloaded all of the stories to my Kindle to read on my upcoming trip.  I'd love to meet some local Sherlockians to hang out with!

June 18, 2012 9:47 pm  #2

Re: Hello, everyone!

Hello, littlebird! Welcome. You'll have fun here.
I used to live outside NYC, but am now in the Midwest. However, we have our Kindles in common. You'll find it handy when you're looking up a quote in the canon. Hope you're going to London.

June 18, 2012 10:26 pm  #3

Hey there, littlebird; I'm originally from New Jersey--great to "meet" you!  And I used to live and work in NYC as well.  I'm sure you'll have fun reading the canon and the posts here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 19, 2012 12:05 am  #4

Hey, Littlebird, welcome to the madness!

My absolute dream would be to live in New York City. So far I haven't been out of Australia, but New York and London are top of my wishlist. I'll just have to keep buying those lottery tickets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 19, 2012 6:30 am  #5

Welcome, Littlebird, I'm sure you'll find a nice and Sherlock-crazy bunch of people over here  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 19, 2012 6:35 am  #6

Hello Littlebird! Do you Tweet on Twitter as well? Welcome to the good ship Sherlock have fun onboard. If Frankenstein comes to Broadway you'll be In the audience, I hope.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 19, 2012 9:51 am  #7

veecee wrote:

I used to live outside NYC, but am now in the Midwest. However, we have our Kindles in common. You'll find it handy when you're looking up a quote in the canon. Hope you're going to London.

I am actually going to Tokyo.  Reading Sherlock Homes will be a nice contrast with that city.  I think I'm going to go to London next year.  I've been there twice pre-Sherlock, and to think I've never been to Baker Street!

June 19, 2012 4:44 pm  #8

Hello and welcome!
Oh, nice, a New Jersian.. great musicians come from there *-*.

I've also been to London pre-Sherlock... but I certainly have to do a post-Sherlock tour when I come there again! ;)

June 20, 2012 10:32 am  #9

Hi littlebird! Welcome to the board. I'm Janine from PA, so we are neighbors This international community here is a great group of people. Please enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 20, 2012 2:23 pm  #10

Hiya, my name is Jackie, I live in Harrow, about 1 hour from London and am a bit mature (over 40 under 60)!  I am a fanatical Sherlock fan probably like the rest of you and started  off being a Jeremy Brett fan.  I thought his Holmes was the best V ictorian version I have ever seen.  I never expected to like the modern version, but was hooked after 10 minutes of it starting.  I am have been trying to work out how he survives and how the reunion will play out.  I am really looking forward to chatting to like minded Sherlock fans and look forward to getting to know you.x

June 20, 2012 4:45 pm  #11

welcome to  Sherlock fandom,  littlebird!!   Yes,  I'm a kitty,  but I do NOT chase birds, so you can be assured of that!   I like your username here.   What kind of kindle do you have,  if I might ask? 

I've always wanted to go to NYC  to see the great white way--and london too.   I'll have to keep playing the lottery.  but I don't know how to play it.   boo hoo!!   TMI?   have fun here!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 20, 2012 5:21 pm  #12

Hello Jackie. How appropriate coming from Harrow. Glad you could join us in our friendly forum. Welcome and enjoy!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 20, 2012 7:30 pm  #13

Welcome, Jackie! I think you'll enjoy this forum
I agree, Jeremy Brett was excellent -- and BC is perfect for the 21st century.
How lucky to be so close to London. Do you go into the city often? I used to live near NYC and loved to go in on the train.

June 21, 2012 3:12 am  #14

welcome, jackie!!   I too got hooked on SH  via Jeremy Brett.  He was the first,  and very good!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 21, 2012 12:00 pm  #15

Much welcomes to Littlebird and Jackie. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 21, 2012 9:16 pm  #16

Welcome to the forum = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 29, 2012 6:33 pm  #17

A belated welcome to you (and you, too, Jackie!) from a fellow American and Kindle lover. Glad to have you!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 29, 2012 6:53 pm  #18

littlebird wrote:

veecee wrote:

I am actually going to Tokyo.  Reading Sherlock Homes will be a nice contrast with that city.  I think I'm going to go to London next year.  I've been there twice pre-Sherlock, and to think I've never been to Baker Street!

I know what you mean. All the Sherlock stuff is definitely on my list for my next visit. Fortunately, my husband is very understanding. And, alhtough he's not obsessed, he does like Sherlock. I hope folks can recommend places or tours.

I hope to get to Japan one day. Love the art. And the gardens  And the silk. Hope you had or are having a great time.

June 29, 2012 7:44 pm  #19

Well you can visit the Tower of London, go on a tour led by a yeoman warder (beefeater) and go to see the Crown Jewels, just like Moriarty did. Not directly Sherlock related but taking a river boat down from the Tower to the Houses of Parliament a fantastic way to see the city from the  Thames.

June 29, 2012 8:18 pm  #20

Salutations & greetings from afar

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera