BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2012 11:22 am  #1

Hello from Australia

Hi, my name is Delphi. I was told to introduce myself so, Hi!   I LOVE SHERLOCK!!!! I have never joined a forum before, this is the first one that I have really been on. I love Sherlock and miss it so much. This website will hopefull keep me going until the next series    Anybody written any Sherlock fanfiction that I can read? Please....I really need something to do with sherlock!!! Anyway, thanks for accepting me onto this forum. I look forward to further conversations and posts   -DM

June 17, 2012 11:45 am  #2

Re: Hello from Australia

Hello Delphi, nice to meet you. I think we all miss Sherlock, that's why we are crazy enough to spend our time in this forum  .
Just have a look at this thread where you will find links etc. to fanfic pages: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=32.

Last edited by SusiGo (June 17, 2012 11:46 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2012 11:48 am  #3

Hiya Delphi welcome to the forum.

Nice to have another Aussie on board.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 17, 2012 12:09 pm  #4

Welcome Delphi! Always nice to have some young perspective here to balance out the old f%rts like me! Youth will be served...enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 17, 2012 8:53 pm  #5

Delphi, welcome!
So what is it exactly that you love about Sherlock. We all have our reasons -- most of us more than one.

June 17, 2012 11:14 pm  #6

Welcome!  There's tons of Sherlock fanfic available and it might very well take you a year to read it all.   

Just wondering: What's the significance of your numeric user name?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 17, 2012 11:28 pm  #7

Hello! Welcome to another Aussie. I think there's 3 of us now hoorah!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 18, 2012 1:44 am  #8

Welcome = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 18, 2012 7:15 pm  #9

Hi Delphi - welcome to the forum...hope you have lots of fun here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 18, 2012 8:15 pm  #10

Welcome, welcome!

June 19, 2012 12:18 am  #11

Hi Delphi

Welocme to the madness!

Whereabouts in our Great Southern Land are you from? A rough idea is okay if you don't wnt to be too specific. You are the fourth Aussie here, after Kazza, Wholocked and little old me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 22, 2012 11:19 pm  #12

hey  welcome to our little neck of the Sherlock woods!!   I  hope you have as much fun posting here as I do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 26, 2012 10:53 am  #13

veecee wrote:

Delphi, welcome!
So what is it exactly that you love about Sherlock. We all have our reasons -- most of us more than one.

I love everything about Sherlock really. Moriarty is an awesome character!!! And Sherlock and John, and everyone. I love the cases that they solve. I can't really describe why I love it so much. I just do. It's the best show ever!!! :D

June 26, 2012 10:56 am  #14

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Welcome!  There's tons of Sherlock fanfic available and it might very well take you a year to read it all.   

Just wondering: What's the significance of your numeric user name?

Thanks, I will have to look over the Sherlock fanfics. I love it when you get a fanfic that is really good and has the feel of the show, and seems as if one of the writers had written it themselves.

The significance of my numeric username- We all get given ID numbers at school, this is the first part of mine, but the whole ID is 20 numbers long.

June 26, 2012 10:58 am  #15

hepzibah wrote:

Hi Delphi

Welocme to the madness!

Whereabouts in our Great Southern Land are you from? A rough idea is okay if you don't wnt to be too specific. You are the fourth Aussie here, after Kazza, Wholocked and little old me!

I'm from Melbourne.....well near there anyway. Did you hear about the Sherlock Convention that is being held in melbourne? It's in September. :D

June 26, 2012 11:01 am  #16

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the site :D

June 29, 2012 6:26 pm  #17

142543 wrote:

The significance of my numeric username- We all get given ID numbers at school, this is the first part of mine, but the whole ID is 20 numbers long.

Welcome, Delphi! (you don't have a place on Mount Parnassus, do you?)

You shouldn't have told us the reason for your username. We could have spent the next six months or so theorizing, analysing, calculating, and otherwise wasting valuable time trying to figure out what clever Sherlockian clue you had given us through your username. Then, just before we find out how Sherlock survived the Reichenbach fall, you could have dashed us all to pieces by telling us the real significance. You know, just like Moftiss is going to do to all of us...

Last edited by Tantalus (June 29, 2012 6:26 pm)

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 30, 2012 5:51 am  #18

Does this make us five Aussies now?

Board footera