BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 23, 2012 2:17 am  #21

Re: Posting pics for dummies by the biggest dummy

janeCo--  over on lunapic.com,  they have a tutorial  on how to make gifs.   These are called FRAMES.   What you do,  is you take a few frames of one pic,  and put them into a slide show kind of thing,  and  then  you put the speed on it,  and that turns into a gif  (moving file)   Lunapic  or  mytheme.com   will show you how.   It's  not that hard,  but it's not very easy  either.   hope this helps.  luna pic is the only program I  have had experiece with.  There's also GIMP,  which I've tried,  and Adobe Photoshop.  I  don't have experience with those  2,  sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 23, 2012 3:34 pm  #22

Thanks SKitty I think I'll give it a go

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 23, 2012 9:03 pm  #23

you're welcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

October 19, 2012 12:25 am  #24

The black-and-white striped sweater (sorry, I'm American     ) always reminds me of the uniforms worn by convicts in US prisons in the 19th century.  For example, below is a photo I took of the clothes inmates at the Cripple Creek (Colorado) jail had to wear in the late 1800s.  I think they're pretty similar!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

October 19, 2012 7:30 pm  #25

LOL

October 19, 2012 10:26 pm  #26

Eek! I've actually managed to post a photo as part of my signature but it's only showing part of it and it's massive! What do I do to make it smaller? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 20, 2012 6:18 am  #27

There's an edit area which lets you change the size of your pic, Davina.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 20, 2012 9:27 am  #28

Is it?
I always thought I have to take what I find in internet. Or take my own pictures, resize before saving it on photobucket (or wherever) and put it in here then.
I have to check. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 20, 2012 9:31 am  #29

Help? Where is this edit area of which you speak??

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 20, 2012 10:15 am  #30

If you cannot find the place, best would be to save it on your computer, re-size it with one of your image software tools and then send it back up to photobucket. (You could also pm me if you want.) 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 20, 2012 10:16 am  #31

But we like it BIG!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 20, 2012 10:17 am  #32

Nah, not that 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 20, 2012 1:37 pm  #33

Apparently, the edit section on imgur.com fails to achieve a satisfying result. The picture gets blurry.  To give an example, I reduced your image, Davina, to 40% of the original size by using microsoft picture manager.
Here you are:

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 20, 2012 2:09 pm  #34

I have a little bit smaller version (560X350px), made with GIMP

October 20, 2012 2:18 pm  #35

You seem to be labouring under the impression that I am someone who understands...sadly I am not! I am, to be blunt and to take the words from Moriarty's mouth, a doofus when it comes to this.

October 20, 2012 2:19 pm  #36

Do you want a smaller picture from us?

October 20, 2012 2:32 pm  #37

I think Kazza is working on it for me. Not too small because otherwise you cannot read the text.

October 20, 2012 2:35 pm  #38

Ok, just asking. We'd be glad to help out 

October 20, 2012 2:39 pm  #39

I am not proud. I will accept help from anyone because I am clueless! I am still pleased with myself  for having managed to even get an image on here.

October 21, 2012 7:48 am  #40

Well it's a bit smaller, thanks to Kazza's help but there is still a vital ingredient missing...this is a work in progress.

Board footera