BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2013 11:25 am  #201

Re: Tell us what part of the world you come from

I'm from rural Australia. My state is Victoria though. 

The nearest city in my state is 3 hours north east from me.

Last edited by Song (October 4, 2013 11:28 am)

October 4, 2013 9:22 pm  #202

I'm not Canadian but I am a fan of Canada! Does that count?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 4, 2013 9:31 pm  #203

Manticone wrote:

I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

We call it Winterpeg, yes we do.

I'd love to travel to London and to Berlin. All over Europe.

Are there many other Canadian fans here?

Me! *jumps up and down, waving* I'm Canadian!  I live in Ontario at the moment, great to see another fellow Canadian Sherlockian here! 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (October 4, 2013 9:33 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

October 7, 2013 8:41 pm  #204

I'm from Denmark. It's that tiny piece of land on top of Germany if you look on a map. Just to the right of the UK.

No,no that's too far. That's Sweden. Go back a bit.

Yep, right there, that's us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

October 8, 2013 3:31 am  #205

I am from Missouri in the United States. I would love to visit London as well someday!! I have been contemplating a trip to Paris, and now I see that London is only about 5 hours from there!! I may have to make that hop over the Channel and see both!!

Sherlock - Restoring balance to the universe since 1-1-2012 ~

Gallifrey Stands!!!

October 8, 2013 7:15 am  #206

Only 5 hours? Well distance and travel time are relative, when you are living in a big country like the USA, isn't it? 

Oh, I'm from the north of Germany by the way, from Hamburg, the most beautiful city in Germany (in my opinion of course)    .

Last edited by stoertebeker (October 8, 2013 7:19 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 8, 2013 9:16 am  #207

stoertebeker wrote:

Only 5 hours? Well distance and travel time are relative, when you are living in a big country like the USA, isn't it?

Oh, I'm from the north of Germany by the way, from Hamburg, the most beautiful city in Germany (in my opinion of course) .

Haha oh yes, well the state of Missouri where I live is in the middle of the U.S., so you're looking at hours of travel time to get to either coast which is where a lot of popular destinations are. So the five hour bit doesn't sound too terrible to me. But it is still quite a distance. If I did make it overseas, I would like to see as much as possible in one trip though, so it would be doable. I would just have to make sure and not spend too much time in the Louvre.

And I bet Germany is lovely... my granndparents lived there for a time when my grandfather was in the service, and they say it was nice. I recall when Google Earth became popular; he was excited to see the Zugspitze mountain on there.

Sherlock - Restoring balance to the universe since 1-1-2012 ~

Gallifrey Stands!!!

November 9, 2013 3:17 pm  #208

Europe, Finland, in the northern part, in the middle of nowhere.

November 9, 2013 3:21 pm  #209

greetings to the North 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

November 9, 2013 5:03 pm  #210

scarletknife wrote:

Hei ja tervetuloa! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 13, 2013 7:46 pm  #211

scarletknife wrote:

I've always wanted to go to the northern Europe... just to see the northern lights live ;D

The Road goes ever on and on...

November 16, 2013 3:38 pm  #212

Me too! I want to stay in the igloo things with the ceilings through which you can watch the Northern Lights.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 16, 2013 4:03 pm  #213

Deilenn wrote:

scarletknife wrote:

I've always wanted to go to the northern Europe... just to see the northern lights live ;D

I've seen the northern lights here [about 50 miles north of Boston, USA] just once in my life, when I was about 12 or 15. I remember how my mother made a big deal about it, dragged us all outside to stand in the dark and cold to look at it, and how I wondered what she was going on about.  It was pretty, pink and purple and blue, but very low in our northern sky because of our latitude-- think sunset type of low. That was 50 years ago, and I've never seen the northern lights since, so  apparently it WAS really unusual!

Anyway, I dream about taking a cruise to Alaska, and the northern lights is just one thing I'd hope to see.

November 17, 2013 9:42 pm  #214

Hi, I'm from BC

British Columbia, the western-most province of Canada.

John:  So you scratch their backs...
Sherlock:  Yes, and I disinfect myself.

November 17, 2013 9:46 pm  #215

We all are from/with/into/... BC, more or less, good that you've been more specific 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 17, 2013 10:00 pm  #216

Harriet wrote:

We all are from/with/into/... BC, more or less, good that you've been more specific

Believe it or not, there is actually a little village in BC named Cumberland.  Although I've never been there.

Last edited by Commonwealth (November 17, 2013 10:00 pm)

John:  So you scratch their backs...
Sherlock:  Yes, and I disinfect myself.

November 17, 2013 10:03 pm  #217

A fan settlement, obviously   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 17, 2013 10:15 pm  #218

Harriet wrote:

Harriet, this is too good to be true...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 18, 2013 2:02 pm  #219

Commonwealth wrote:

Hi, I'm from BC

British Columbia, the western-most province of Canada.

I can only agree with Harriet. That last piece of information was very valuable. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 21, 2013 7:20 pm  #220

Love B.C. Great part of the World to live! And...the same initials as Benedict! 

Board footera