BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2012 9:36 pm  #1

Benedict Cumberbatch has modelling debut at Spencer Hart show

Last edited by behie (June 15, 2012 9:37 pm)

June 15, 2012 11:40 pm  #2

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch has modelling debut at Spencer Hart show

Thanks so much for bring this to our attention!
Here's a news article to go with that video:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2012-06/15/london-collections-benedict-cumberbatch-at-spencer-hart

It was a mystery to rival the ending of Sherlock: last night Nick Hart announced on Twitter that a mystery guest would be walking the brand's London Collections show this afternoon. After a flurry of speculation, Spencer Hart has announced that it will be genius detective, upcoming Star Trek 2 villain and GQ Man Of The Year Benedict Cumberbatch. Cumberbatch has long been a Hart fan (he last wore it to the TV BAFTAs and memorably at The Golden Globes) so it doesn't come as much of a surprise. Also walking will be Michelin-starred Pollen Street Social founder Jason Atherton. Check back on GQ.com tonight for all the pictures.

Now Sherlockians, what can we deduce from this?

We deduce that Benedict is in London somewhere at the moment.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 15, 2012 11:45 pm  #3

I actually laughed my ass off when I read that he did a catwalk xD

But please, don't put him next to a woman so tall! He likes to take the precautions of short companions.

June 15, 2012 11:51 pm  #4

Ah yes Sherlock does!

But you have not observed. This is Benedict Cumberbatch; not Sherlock.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 1:15 am  #5

kazza474 wrote:

That the nicotine patches are not working so well

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 16, 2012 1:18 am  #6

Yes, it was a JOKE

But seriously... they managed through the length of the robe and the height of the model to make this tall man look short. Don't do that.

June 16, 2012 1:33 am  #7

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

That the nicotine patches are not working so well

Ah yes again, it's not Sherlock though is it?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 7:17 am  #8

Ah no again,  it's a JOKE.   very funny though.   Thanks for the link,  and the youtube clip is silly fun.

June 16, 2012 8:07 am  #9

Well, I'm sure the woman was wearing high heels, and he has no shoes or anything. I don't know why.

To me, he looks a bit strange with that hairdo 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 16, 2012 8:17 am  #10

Irene_Adler wrote:

Well, I'm sure the woman was wearing high heels, and he has no shoes or anything. I don't know why.

He was modelling sleepwear & trying  to look like a young Hugh Hefner, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 8:46 am  #11

kazza474 wrote:

Irene_Adler wrote:

He was modelling sleepwear & trying  to look like a young Hugh Hefner, lol.

Well... ok, then. But still, I think that hairdo doesn't suit him very well

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 16, 2012 8:52 am  #12

Yes, well it's hard to tell in these pics but he did have hair extensions at the front for the Star Trek filming. I hated it!
And he hair was darkened also.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 9:46 am  #13

omg, and now he's been to The Men London Collections at Corinthia Hotel London on June 15, 2012 in London, England.

Busy man; sort of. What a life!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 9:52 am  #14

Oh, this picture reminds me of my favourite Sherlock outfit: The black suit with black shirt in Scandal...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 16, 2012 9:55 am  #15

Yes, makes me wonder.
Will he ever wear a purple shirt again?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 9:57 am  #16

Back to the fashion parade though:
Good grief he looks sozzled (drunk) in this one.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 10:00 am  #17

OH look what The Sunday Times tweeted about this!

Guess it was faster typing that huh?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 10:06 am  #18

kazza474 wrote:

Yes, makes me wonder.
Will he ever wear a purple shirt again?

As far as I'm concerned: He can leave the purple shirt to John...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 16, 2012 11:02 am  #19

Irene Adler wrote:

I don't like that hair either. It makes him look like a sleazy lounge lizard. Those are awesome photos though. I love this community here because everyone is so giving and brilliant and witty. Of course that is what you'd expect from 90% women Sorry, bad joke...love you virile manly guys too

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 16, 2012 12:15 pm  #20

Well he did say that getting the Dutch courage for doing the catwalk involved beers and fags.

This week is Men's London Fashion Week. With main collections being shown at The Hospital Club, Covent Garden although there are events all over the city. H.R.H. The Prince of Wales officially opened the event. Although they. All it a 'week' it actually runs from 15th June - 17th June.

www.londonfashionweek.co.uk

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera