BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2013 7:22 pm  #541

Re: Details game: Where is this picture from?

;), I was waiting for someone else to solve it...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

April 21, 2013 6:27 pm  #542

I'll post the solution tomorrow. If not anyone else is keen on solving it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 6, 2013 10:31 am  #543

Please post it, it has been a ping-pong match between me and tobeornot221b for too long.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

May 6, 2013 6:04 pm  #544

I thought I knew it, but I'm not so sure anymore. I would highly appreciate a hint.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 6, 2013 7:40 pm  #545

Hint: You will find this tie in an episode where the title already hints at professionals usually wearing ties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 7, 2013 2:54 pm  #546

Wait; is that mustard from Coney Island?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 7, 2013 3:20 pm  #547

It's not Sebastian. I reckon it's one of the chaps you see when Sherlock is orientating himself to fully see the yellow mark.

I won't watch that episode again though to find out, I'd rather use alcohol to dispose of brain cells than put up with TBB again.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 7, 2013 3:28 pm  #548

@Tantalus: No, it isn't.
@M0r: No, not one of those chaps.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 7, 2013 3:34 pm  #549

It looks like a service related tie, again I'll not watch TBB again but perhaps a security guard at the Sainsburies John goes to at the beginning?

-m0r

May 7, 2013 3:36 pm  #550

m0r1arty wrote:

It looks like a service related tie, again I'll not watch TBB again but perhaps a security guard at the Sainsburies John goes to at the beginning?

-m0r

No, sorry. But come on - TBB isn't that bad!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 7, 2013 3:43 pm  #551

TBB really is that bad to me. It's by far the weakest of all the stories so far and I'll even take Kirsty Stapleton's case over this one.

As for the image, let's see, we don't see bankers very often in TBB, there's Sebastian, the orientation, the interupted lunch (Which is too dark for this image) and the return for the jade hair thingy.

Service tie, TBB, a security guard or usher at the museum?

-m0r

May 7, 2013 3:54 pm  #552

Is it that tie?

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 7, 2013 3:57 pm  #553

I'd say if he angled himself 40 degrees to his right you'd have it spot on Mary!

Slight upgrade from security guard but service tie nonetheless.

Well played Mary, your shot I believe.

-m0r

May 7, 2013 4:03 pm  #554

m0r1arty wrote:

TBB really is that bad to me. It's by far the weakest of all the stories so far and I'll even take Kirsty Stapleton's case over this one.

-m0r

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 7, 2013 4:09 pm  #555

Mary, if you had to pick the poorest of episodes thus far from Sherlock, which would you choose?

-m0r

May 7, 2013 4:13 pm  #556

Umm, I think the case of the woman whose husband is having an affair might be more interesting than chasing some asian ninjas. Just sayin'.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 7, 2013 4:22 pm  #557

There's only one case I can think of where Sherlock investigates a husband whose wife thinks he's having an affair and that's the one where it turns out he's a successful beggar (The Man with the Twisted Lip)

But that's not BBC Sherlock as we know it.

-m0r

May 7, 2013 4:48 pm  #558

m0r1arty wrote:

There's only one case I can think of where Sherlock investigates a husband whose wife thinks he's having an affair and that's the one where it turns out he's a successful beggar (The Man with the Twisted Lip)

But that's not BBC Sherlock as we know it.

-m0r

...but it COULD be!...
(Sorry, it was there. I have absolutely nothing to add to this thread!)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

May 7, 2013 4:49 pm  #559

Mary Me wrote:

Is it that tie?

Finally you did it, Mary! *happy dance*   It's the Dimmock tie, of course. I didn't consider that difficult - a Dimmock ear would have been much trickier...
Well, go on then, Mary. Surprise us with something really challenging, please!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 7, 2013 4:51 pm  #560

Really challenging?  Now that's gonna be a challenge for me!

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera